Friday Night Clubman Cup|Develop your own car|Starts 13th July 8PM BST

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 376 comments
  • 15,973 views
Hmm forgot to save the replays yesterday. Is there a way to send them somehow (never really checked if there's an option like that)? If so would be grateful if someone could throw them my way :)
 
Ill try and send you the replay once I get home from work
 
Was cutting allowed at Autumn Ring ? If so no wonder I was off the pace in sector 1 , I was fine in 2 and 3 but I was off by a second in sector 1 .
 
You can actually cut it according to every rule in motorsport, since you cut it with 2 wheels only. If you cut it with 4 wheels you jump off the ground, get your tires dirty, and end up in the wall. At least that's how it ended up for me when I made mistakes ;d
 
Indeed, I two wheeled it the best I could. It's a pretty tough section though

Don't you will spoil them :scared: :lol:

Hah, well I'll try not to. And anyway, it's just a couple. ^^; I did a few others (which I didn't like) and I generally stuck to the premium cars, the standards did not look great in that lighting. I wish I did more just for more variety now, haha. But I did it just for a few minutes when there was no one around to race.


AutumnRing_2cop3y.jpg


AutumnRing_6copy4.jpg


AutumnRing_3copy2.jpg





​
 
Great pictures.

Thanks! ^^ Also another observation from watching some of the replay. The tire wear was pretty close between at least the front competitiors. The only one that punished the tires more (though it could be setup or driving style - but I think is more to do with weight) is the M3 CSL.
 
Thanks! ^^ Also another observation from watching some of the replay. The tire wear was pretty close between at least the front competitiors. The only one that punished the tires more (though it could be setup or driving style - but I think is more to do with weight) is the M3 CSL.

The CSL is 1600kg ish. So yeah its very heavy and thats why I am so slow down the straights, and if you were taking that from the seco nd race i done a 15 lap stint on my last set to tires. So that might be why.
 
Last edited:
Indeed...That's what I suspected. And I only watched the replay of the first race, even after the 9 or so laps the wear was noticeably different.
 
Indeed...That's what I suspected. And I only watched the replay of the first race, even after the 9 or so laps the wear was noticeably different.

It could be down to that I am running a completely stock setup. Because all race cars in real life have bad tire wear with no set up.
 
It's pretty interesting that the top 3 in points all have an X in the end of the name...
 
I'm on series overload at moment so I am dropping out of this, best of luck guys.
 
what times are we looking at for deep forest , trying to decide if i should keep this mugen or switch , its a bit early to take the risk if you know what i mean
 
what times are we looking at for deep forest , trying to decide if i should keep this mugen or switch , its a bit early to take the risk if you know what i mean

I have not done any laps, but I think the average lap time is a 1:24 ish
 
A low to mid 1'24 should be a pretty quick time.
 
A low to mid 1'24 should be a pretty quick time.

I did a few tests, 24.5 but I think I can get a 24.2 (based on my sectors).
 
Indeed, I two wheeled it the best I could. It's a pretty tough section though



Hah, well I'll try not to. And anyway, it's just a couple. ^^; I did a few others (which I didn't like) and I generally stuck to the premium cars, the standards did not look great in that lighting. I wish I did more just for more variety now, haha. But I did it just for a few minutes when there was no one around to race.


AutumnRing_2cop3y.jpg


AutumnRing_6copy4.jpg


AutumnRing_3copy2.jpg





​

Really good pictures pal. Think I might have to use the picture of me as my avatar.
 
It's pretty interesting that the top 3 in points all have an X in the end of the name...

That sounds good for me :)

Looked like great fun, so cool when you got so many different cars on the same grid!
 
Nice photos, I'm guessing you like carbs toyota :P
 
What about a rule that only allows a car to be used by 2 or 3 people in a weekend, so that all the people wouldn't rush to the same car after finding their own incompetitive?
 
Just found a car that I really like. Don't think it's that quick but been lapping like a metronome in it this evening. Lots of fun. Can't get the gt86 to stop spinning...
 
How can you spin at these slow speed? :confused:
 
How can you spin at these slow speed? :confused:

Maybe it's my driving style. On the default setup the gt86's back end goes too light under braking, turn it in 1% too hard and I just pirouette gracefully, there's no progression, it just feels generally scrappy to me, and I can't get comfortable enough with it to really push. Doesn't really matter since I'm not using it :)
 
How can you spin at these slow speed? :confused:

Yeah, the rear kicks out hard under any sort of trailbraking without ABS, so I imagine it gets rather light with it as well. 👍
 
To get the most out of the 86 you need to drive it like a RR car (rear engine, rear wheel drive car, like a VW bug er Porsche 911)

When entering a fast corner use the throttle and the brakes at the same time to keep it stable. I was racing the FR-S (AKA 86) with ABS OFF and using the throttle and the brakes lightly helped keep the oversteer in check.
 
Last edited:
I have a tune that doesn't oversteer except when it's on cold tires. ;)
 
I have a tune that doesn't oversteer except when it's on cold tires. ;)

Or, you can do what Carb did and take the easy way out :sly:
 
To get the most out of the 86 you need to drive it like a RR car (rear engine, rear wheel drive car, like a VW bug er Porsche 911)

When entering a fast corner use the throttle and the brakes at the same time to keep it stable. I was racing the FR-S (AKA 86) with ABS OFF and using the throttle and the brakes lightly helped keep the oversteer in check.

I just make sure I'm smooth on brake release and trailbraking with it, rally style footwork is a pain for me as I'm a right foot braker. :indiff:

Basically, if you're too aggressive coming off the brakes and too aggressive with the steering inputs, you'll spin. 👍
 
Back