Fridays BOSS 302 20:30-21:30 BST - Congratulations CHAMPION - Flaco !!!Finished 

Surprisingly for me I've put a few laps of practice at Bathurst. After becoming very acquainted with the barriers I can say I preferred the Trans Cammer at Trial Mountain. :)

See you all (and the barriers) later.

Good grief, this track is a continual exercise in setting the car up for a corner you can't see yet, and it makes the Cammer feel like it has a 30/70 weight balance. It'll be interesting :)

Cheers, Zo.

Speaking of which, I'm a zero ABS chap too, and I'm finding that I have to be on the brakes before the right hander which leads to the left/right at the end of the very fast downhill section; I'm having real trouble slowing 1700kilos down from 180MPH. Please do bare this in mind everyone if you find yourselves in close company with the representative of the fine folks of Mexico. I suspect that many won't be needing to brake quite so early.

Tricky damn circuit, this one.

Cheers, Zo.

Could somebody invite me in the club?

Hi John - I've sent you an invitation - I hope we can see you next week - Wednesday and Friday.

@Sick Cylinder is there still space for tonight? (sorry late notice I know)

You are most welcome Siggers - I hope you enjoyed the meeting and can race again.

Apologies to all for not checking the thread before the meeting - I went to Brands Hatch in the morning, then on to work, then opened the room for the race meeting. I'm just off to Brands Hatch again (for the Legends of Brands Super Prix), but couldn't leave without sharing a couple of pictures from the 186 that I took yesterday morning!

Cooper Bristol Slide.jpg

Above 1952 Cooper Bristol Formula 2. These guys were so friendly and even let me help out in the pit for a bit - the sound as it warmed up was intoxicating!

Below Leo Voyazides has a great collection and is also a superb racer of classics. He will be racing his Cobra 289, Cobra Coupe and Ford Falcon this weekend.

Cobras Slide.jpg

I cannot race on Wednesdays.

No problem John - hopefully see you next Friday.

Sorry guys, but something has come up. Therefore I couldn't join you guys yesterday.

No problem Harsk - see you next race.

I'll be heading off to Brands Hatch again in a moment to see the Bybox Historic Saloons (pre 1966), but before I go, here's a few highlights from yesterday:

Lotus F1 Slide.jpg

Above Lotus 25 (F1) showing it's iconic exhaust and 1.5 litre V8 Coventry Climax engine. Below BRM V8 - these cars were the stars of the Historic Grand Prix Cars Association race.

BRM F1 Slide.jpg

Below extremely rare 1958 Kellison J4R was beautifully prepared and produced a wonderful sound from its 4.6 litre Chevrolet engine.

Kellison Slide.jpg

Below equally rare Brahma B2 (1966) was brilliantly driven to second in its race.

Brahma Slide.jpg

Below Chevrolet Corvette (1968) Tony de Lorenzo replica exited Druids slightly sideways every lap was also brilliantly driven - a joy to watch and listen to!

Corvette Slide.jpg

Could somebody invite me in the club?

Hi John - I note that the club invitation has been accepted so we look forward to racing with you on Friday.

Incidentally this series now has a full complement of 16 drivers. Anyone else who joins will do so as a Reserve Driver and will be able to race whenever there is an absence. There are still a couple of vacancies for the Wednesday series (Historic BSCC 3).

The championship points for Round 1 have been updated and are listed below and on page 1 of the thread. Apologies to @Siggers - I couldn't remember your race number, but will add that later.

Round 1 Boss 302 Points.jpg

Sick

Like my post in BSCC, I'm going to be far away from the PS3 for next 3 weeks. However I'm hoping to join in on Friday's Boss racing if I'm back in time. However I may be late but if I can't make it I'll let you know as soon as I can.
:cheers:

Sick

Like my post in BSCC, I'm going to be far away from the PS3 for next 3 weeks. However I'm hoping to join in on Friday's Boss racing if I'm back in time. However I may be late but if I can't make it I'll let you know as soon as I can.
:cheers:

Don't worry if you miss the qualification race - if you do, the game will just put you at the back of the grid for the feature race.

Last weekend I went to the Historic Sports Car Club's 50th Anniversary meeting - the "Legends of Brands Hatch Superprix". I have been gradually sharing with you my best photos from the meeting - the saloon ones going on the Historic BSCC 3 thread and the single seaters and sports cars on this thread. Onboard videos from the drivers are starting to appear and I will share the best of those with you. The fastest racing of the weekend happened in the Derek Bell Trophy, Historic Race of Champions. Back in 1973 Peter Gethin famously won the Brands Hatch Race of Champions in his Formula 5000 Chevron B24 beating a mixed field of F1 and F5000 cars. Back in those days the F1 teams didn't spend much time testing and used to attend a few non-championship races to get extra track time and publicity. Some countries had national championships which included mixed fields of (secondhand ex-works) F1 and F5000 cars. The latter were powered by stock block five litre OHV Chevrolet V8's. Almost all the F1 cars were powered by the Ford Cosworth DFV three litre V8 which produced approximately the same power, but at higher revs. In 1973 Peter Gethin won the "Race of Champions" with Denny Hulme second and James Hunt third. The field included numerous star drivers including Niki Lauda, Jody Scheckter, Emerson Fittipaldi, Ronnie Peterson and Graham Hill.

I took a couple of photos of the Formula 5000 cars while they were being prepared on Friday which are shown below and finishing the post go onboard with Adrian Hall in his 1974 Trojan T101 Chevrolet. Note the cars do a warm up lap behind a safety car - to jump straight to the race action, skip to the 5 minute mark!

Slide 1 F5000.jpg
Slide 2 F5000 Thursdays.jpg

Tonights race is at Suzuka East - it is tight and difficult to pass so please be patient and try your best to be clean with any passes.

I leave you in the talented hands of Adrian Hall - just watch his beautiful shifts and listen to the smooth changes as he approaches Druids Hairpin. PS the strange looking front engine car with a big wing that he dices with is a Mallock Mk20/21 Ford.

I announce my retirement due to my timetable. I am competing in another series earlier than Boss 302, and I will be racing there at the moment you are here.

Hi Sick could be reserve drive tonight if you like till your grid is back to normal. 👍.Max (;

You are wecome Max - paint it black and fit number 41! See you soon.

I announce my retirement due to my timetable. I am competing in another series earlier than Boss 302, and I will be racing there at the moment you are here.

No problem - thanks for letting me know Crazy John and good luck with the other series.

Back