Fridays BOSS 302 20:30-21:30 BST - Congratulations CHAMPION - Flaco !!!Finished 

Well I had excellent time at Croft, at my first Historic Car Racing. Seeing some of the cars we have in Gran Turismo racing and what Sick is try too replicate with these series.

Historic Single seater, Historic Touring Cars, Historic GT cars.
All the racing was excellent, Croft being a typical airfield circuit, you can get very close to the racing. One of the highlights was Historic Touring Cars, with Ford Mustang flames out the exhust on the overrun, racing Ford Anglias, Ford Lotus Cortina, Minis and Hillman Imps.
Another fun race was MG Midgets against Austin Healey Sprites.

There was also track parades, great car clubs to to look at.

Photos to follow, heres a clip from last years festival.

Well I had excellent time at Croft, at my first Historic Car Racing. Seeing some of the cars we have in Gran Turismo racing and what Sick is try too replicate with these series.

Historic Single seater, Historic Touring Cars, Historic GT cars.
All the racing was excellent, Croft being a typical airfield circuit, you can get very close to the racing. One of the highlights was Historic Touring Cars, with Ford Mustang flames out the exhust on the overrun, racing Ford Anglias, Ford Lotus Cortina, Minis and Hillman Imps.
Another fun race was MG Midgets against Austin Healey Sprites.

There was also track parades, great car clubs to look at.

Photos to follow, heres a clip from last years festival.

Looking forward to the photos John! I went to Croft once many years ago to see a Formula Libre race, but I can't remember any details of the cars.

On Sunday morning I went to a classic bike show - I know a few of you such as Maximusmonster, John Wells and SmileyWRX are also into bikes. There were hundreds of bikes, most looking better than new - I just took a few shots mainly of ones which were technically interesting such as the Rudge's which had radial four valve heads back in the 1930's, The Scott which was powered by a water cooled two stroke twin decades before the Yamaha RD LC series. The Ariel square four had an interesting engine with its two crankshafts geared together, but it's power delivery was more suited to lugging a sidecar. There were a lot of Vincent V twins - these were always an amazing bike - for many years the fastest thing on UK roads and no one can forget the iconic shot of Rolie Free breaking the world two wheeled land speed record on his Vincent Black Lightning - he removed his leathers and lay prone in his swimsuit to reduce wind resistance - thankfully he didn't test the abrasion resistance of human skin on the salt surface at Bonneville, but safely averaged over 150mph.

A few shots from Sunday - I hope you enjoy them!

Slide 1 Title.jpg
Slide 2 Ariel Square 4.jpg
Slide 3 Rudge & Scott.jpg
Slide 4 Vincents.jpg
Slide 5 Multi cylinder.jpg
Slide 6 Ariel and Norton.jpg
Slide 7 Excelsior & Indian.jpg

Thanks Sick, there was all so some Classic Race Bikes at Croft, which sound very nice on there parade laps. Having passed Crofts strict noise limits.

Round 7 from Shortun (Custom Track by Master Track Maker IfAndOr)

As we are using a custom track tonight, there will not be a qualification race - there will be an extended practise session from approximately 20:30 till 20:55 when the 25 minute feature race will be started. A copy of the track is available to download from my community page. If you do not know the track or have not had time to practise, the driving line is available.

This is a short track - approximately one minute duration - therefore there may be a lot of lapping by the fast guys. If you are lapping please take care, be patient and pass in a safe place. If you are being lapped keep an eye on the track map and keep to the left or the right of the track so that faster traffic can overtake safely.

AAAAAARGH!!!!!!! Missed the meeting, no excuse, I just forgot the time. Sorry Sick :guilty:, hope you chaps are having a good time round If's Shortrun, it's a belting track.

Cheers, Zo.

EDIT: Well, looks like I made it. Well chuffed with that, I haven't touched the Cammer for three weeks and literally didn't do a single lap of Shortrun in it before entering the room. Made a bit of a mess of the race though :crazy:

Last edited:
Round 9 Points BOSS 302.jpg

That was intense!
I must have set a reasonable time because I started the qualification race from 5th on the grid. I started in second gear and unfortunately got too much wheelspin and the car slid to the side - before I knew it I was down to 8th. Soon I lost some more places and I was down to 11th. I therefore started the Feature Race from 11th and this time started in first gear, but got too much wheelspin, but when I changed to second the motor bogged due to insufficient revs and I had to change back down to first! I just managed to stay ahead of John and as I completed the first lap I saw Zeus spin and spear across the track on the start finish straight - I remembered the advice given to Cole Trickle in "Days of Thunder" so I aimed for the smoke, but unfortunately drove straight into the side of Zeus. I was now twenty seconds down on the leaders with one lap completed and about thirty left to go. I concentrated on trying to record some good laps and managed to catch and pass John. I was holding and occasionally clawing back a little of the twenty seconds - not because I was going fast, but the leaders were obviously tripping over each other. Soon the gap started to go up, but I passed Zeus after he span and passed IfAndOr as he had a "Carroll Shelby moment". Shelby used to lap slower as the pain of his Angina (Heart Pain) increased - he would fumble in his overalls for a Nitro Glycerine pill (Heart Medication) and after it had taken effect he would speed up again! @IfAndOr slowed and pulled to the right on the straight to let me through - he was either taking a close look at his pitboard or fumbling for his medication - knowing that poor old IfAndOr is still getting back to racing fitness after a heart attack, I assumed it was the latter!

A great round with a lot of close racing and as @eran0004 said after "That was intense!". Big thanks to IfAndOr for such a great clean battle and for being such a loyal member.

Last edited:
Changes to Championship Points Table

Note the results for Round 9 (which are displayed on page 1 of the thread and two posts up) have been altered as follows: Eran and Flaco have had their points swapped following contact between their cars.

Points BOSS 302.jpg

Congratulations to the podium guys Eran, Flaco and Zolon. The gaps were very close. Congratulations to Zolon on a very close third place and on his promotion to Gold License status.

When the race started I found I could see everyone which was a big relief. I had a race long battle with Zeus which was very enjoyable. When he got ahead I was able to improve my lap times to match him and improved by over a second. Late in the race Zeus spun going up the hill and my lap times fell to pieces such that I was worried that he would make up the time lost and pass me. Richroo was also catching, but I managed to hold on for a good (for me) 7th place.

Next Round 11 from Brands Hatch GP 1980's

It was a very close race up front. Initially Pimiki and zolon got a little gap, but their battle slowed them down and allowed me and Flaco to connect to their train. From then on it was all one big crazy battle!

I managed to pass Zolon and get into second place, and I had a couple of good chances to overtake Pimiki (and even did that once or twice, but I couldn't hold it for long). At the end of the race Pimiki had a spin after the chicane, which gave me the lead. The last lap was all about covering the inside lines to keep Flaco behind me, and it worked well enough :)

I also think that I may have won the wet t-shirt competition :lol:

dear heyzeuss, one should avoid having contact at first corner at least if you push the other off the track. First bump in the back was OK but the second one was too much. Nevertheless it gave me the opportunity to have a great race that I managed from last place to fourth place and fastest lap of the race.

Maybe I could have competed with Eran for the title at the wet t-shirt competition.:cheers:

Back