Fridays SHELBY v CHEVY Season 2 untuned 20:30-21:30 BST- FINAL ROUND (12) - Mar 31stFinished 

I noticed that the Olympic Gold paint is exactly the same as Saddle Tan (from the C2 Corvette)!

Anyways it's nice to make a come back with a race win, although I nearly lost it when the incident with Harsk happened.

I noticed that the Olympic Gold paint is exactly the same as Saddle Tan (from the C2 Corvette)!

Anyways it's nice to make a come back with a race win, although I nearly lost it when the incident with Harsk happened.
Well, I was on the left side and I was too wide. I was about to turn and suddenly, I get taken out and Penalty. I'm so sorry John!

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_39.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_40.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_41.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_42.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_43.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_44.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_45.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_46.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_47.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_48.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_49.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_50.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_51.jpg Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_52.jpg

As usual for me I jumped in at the last moment with zero practice, swapped to the Jag and went for it. So therefore I was quite pleased with my 3rd in the qualifying race! I was doing quite well in the main race until I grazed a barrier on the exit of turn two and the car very unrealistically stopped dead. :grumpy:
I (unusually and again unrealistically) managed to ghost myself to prevent a pile up. This resulted in dropping to last though. I did try to press on but I was too far behind and ended up making mistakes. I decided to join Tarnheld in the pits.

Oh no, next week's Côte Dazur - more barriers!
See you there. Look out for my motor yacht in the harbour

Round 7 Points.jpg

What a great race! Some people had problems - IfAndOr and Tarnheld retired to the pits and Pimiki had brake problems, but for most of the field that was a great race. The Feature Race was shortened from 25 to 20 minutes as we were running slightly behind schedule. I was in a great battle with Zeus, Rich and Sutsagrd. I took a cautious (early) approach to braking and found Sutsagrd and others could get past me on the brakes, but sometimes I was able to sneak back past on exiting some of the tight corners. I did a little bit of practise in which I found that it was safer not to use second gear except at a couple of places. Third gave weaker acceleration, but less chance of spinning into the walls. On the final lap I was in fifth place just behind Zeus. I braked early for the final corner and Zeus braked late. Everything was perfectly lined up to sneak through on the inside and snatch the fourth place, but second gear and a fraction too much throttle and the "King Cobra" replica (Jaguar XJ13) fishtailed this way and that, letting Zeus off the hook and Rich through to fifth. I was still very pleased with sixth because I was closer to the podium and had enjoyed a race long battle with no major mistakes.

Next week at Cote Dazur I expect to do less well as I find that a very difficult course and overtaking is of course not at all easy. The reason why I included Cote Dazur in a tribute series to Dave MacDonald is that he had twice in a row proved his world class credentials against an international field at Riverside and Laguna Seca in the predecessor to the Can Am series and was surely destined for greatness on the international stage when he was tragically killed. Dave MacDonald never had a chance to race at Monaco, but I have no doubt that he would have done a great job.

Next Round 8 from Cote Dazur

Well, the Corvette is a bit harder to drive than the XJ13, in my opinion.

I will do the practise tonight, so I'll get better with the Corvette. Besides, I will need some time to adapt to the Corvette like I did to XJ13 at the beginning of the seaosn...

It was the most ever epic win in my Sick's Classic Racing career! :D

Thanks to Pimiki & Richroo for making my life harder... :lol: That forced me to do better! :P

I wish that the races were in Sunday at 17:00 GMT again. I'm not used to race your series at Wednesday/Friday yet. :(

Sick
Not sure where my brain is :dunce: but I'm working tonight and can't race. Apologies for the late notice.
I was looking forward to giving the c2 a good spin around willow.
Have fun and race well and clean all.
:cheers:

Hello Sick, I will be racing tonight.

Looking forward to make some more km's to my C1 Corvette. 👍

I just don't have a good feeling today, but despite of that, I wish good luck to all racers! :cheers:

I can't make it to the race tomorrow, concert weekend coming up and we're rehearsing tomorrow night.

That's a shame, but concert comes first - what instrument do you play in the orchestra or are you the conductor?

It's looking very doubtful that I'm going to make it this Friday either. Sorry.
- Always a shame when you can't join us @IfAndOr - it looks like Team Chevy will be a bit short of Garnet Red Cooper Chevrolet replica's (Jaguar XJ13's).

Sick
Not sure where my brain is :dunce: but I'm working tonight and can't race. Apologies for the late notice.
I was looking forward to giving the c2 a good spin around willow.
Have fun and race well and clean all.

No problem Sutsagrd. I always enjoy trying to beat you even though I normally can't because you're just too fast. I've really been enjoying the battles with your C2 especially watching your smoky corner exits. I'm looking forward to using the C2 after Christmas.

Round 9 from Willow Springs Big Willow
Our Friday series is a tribute to Dave MacDonald and Willow Springs therefore has a special significance as it was the scene of his first road race. Dave started drag racing Corvettes in 1956 and after winning over 100 drag races and setting six National standing start records in three years, Dave switched to road racing. He made his debut at Willow Springs on February 13th 1960 driving a 1957 Corvette and came fourth. The next day in only his second road race he claimed his first win! We don't have footage from that historic event, but enjoy this short film of Dave racing at Vaca Valley in 1960. Bill Sherwood took the win in one of the many Corvette's entered in the race.

Please all enjoy the race - take care when rejoining the track not to get in the way of oncoming cars, concentrate on your starts and do your best to race clean and fair - this is a great track with these cars and we should be in for a great meeting.

I always enjoy trying to beat you
Yes. We've been having some really good battles recently. :cool: However you'll find you've got the better of me more times than I have...at least it's maybe 50:50.
My problem is I'm fast now and then but have no consistency!!
Have a brilliant time. I'm quite jealous as I think I had a good chance of being up the field for once and having some good battles.

The finish of the race was super close today. That was a great race.

Regarding about the winner, who won the race was Sick Cylinder.
IMG_20161125_212710[1].jpg

I'm gutted about this end because I thought that I was going to have overall win in a Corvette, however, I think that it was still a good battle anyway with Sick and Richroo. 👍

Sorry but I have got the Shelby in guardsman blue:dopey:

When I go to paint the Jaguar, the colour isn't there:boggled:

Back