Fridays SHELBY v CHEVY Season 2 untuned 20:30-21:30 BST- FINAL ROUND (12) - Mar 31stFinished 

Round 5 Points.jpg

Round 5 from Madrid in Pictures

Round 5 Slide 1.jpg
Round 5 Slide 2.jpg
Round 5 Slide 3.jpg
Round 5 Slide 4.jpg
Round 5 Slide 5.jpg
Sicks Race Room Poster 2.jpg

We currently have a few spaces for clean, enthusiastic drivers - novice or experienced - hurry - spaces are limited !!!

That's a shame that was my last race with the Jaguar....

Ah well, I'll just get my hands on Corvette to prepare my Art Morrison for the next race. 👍

That's a shame that was my last race with the Jaguar....

Ah well, I'll just get my hands on Corvette to prepare my Art Morrison for the next race. 👍

Note - You will be able to use the Jaguar XJ13 again for 6 Rounds of Season 2 which starts in January 2017!

Round 6 Points.jpg
Cars Colours Numbers & Power.jpg

Round 7 from Mount Panorama - CAR CHANGE !!!

Note - we change cars at Round 7. The above table shows the car which you were driving for rounds 1-6 on the right hand side and the car which you drive for rounds 7-12 on the left hand side.

Please arrive for Round 7 extra promptly as I will need to check cars, power and tyres before starting the races.

@IfAndOr has been poached by Chevrolet half way through the season to be their star driver in the Cooper Chevrolet Jaguar XJ13 Garnet Red) - he will be released back to Shelby if new Chevrolet Team drivers are recruited.

In the wet Round 10 (when we use Heavy Racing Wet tyres) the power limit for Jaguar XJ13's and Chevrolet Z06's is increased to 536bhp and the power limit for Cobra's and AM Corvette's is reduced to 475 bhp - the reason for this is to make round 10 equal to the wet round held in the first part of the season.

@BenMillard will switch to a Cooper Chevrolet (Jaguar XJ13 with 536bhp) for round 10 as he did the previous wet round in an AM Corvette, but is now classified as a Gold Driver.

Photos of Round 6 from Daytona Road to follow...
Please note, please wear the retro outfits as per the thread guidance as it looks much better in the photos (Harsk please note).

Note - we are regularly getting an attendance of around 11-12 per week so have room for a couple more drivers. You will likely start in a Jaguar XJ13 painted Garnet Red to replicate a 1963/4 Cooper Monaco Chevrolet. Please contact Sick Cylinder asap to join this series.

Note - You will be able to use the Jaguar XJ13 again for 6 Rounds of Season 2 which starts in January 2017!

View attachment 604523 View attachment 604524

Round 7 from Mount Panorama - CAR CHANGE !!!

Note - we change cars at Round 7. The above table shows the car which you were driving for rounds 1-6 on the right hand side and the car which you drive for rounds 7-12 on the left hand side.

Please arrive for Round 7 extra promptly as I will need to check cars, power and tyres before starting the races.

@IfAndOr has been poached by Chevrolet half way through the season to be their star driver in the Cooper Chevrolet Jaguar XJ13 Garnet Red) - he will be released back to Shelby if new Chevrolet Team drivers are recruited.

In the wet Round 10 (when we use Heavy Racing Wet tyres) the power limit for Jaguar XJ13's and Chevrolet Z06's is increased to 536bhp and the power limit for Cobra's and AM Corvette's is reduced to 475 bhp - the reason for this is to make round 10 equal to the wet round held in the first part of the season.

@BenMillard will switch to a Cooper Chevrolet (Jaguar XJ13 with 536bhp) for round 10 as he did the previous wet round in an AM Corvette, but is now classified as a Gold Driver.

Photos of Round 6 from Daytona Road to follow...
Please note, please wear the retro outfits as per the thread guidance as it looks much better in the photos (Harsk please note).

Note - we are regularly getting an attendance of around 11-12 per week so have room for a couple more drivers. You will likely start in a Jaguar XJ13 painted Garnet Red to replicate a 1963/4 Cooper Monaco Chevrolet. Please contact Sick Cylinder asap to join this series.
I know Sick, but the Jaguar XJ13 helped me to score with 4 victories (which 3 of them were consecutive).

I have a question: Am I free from drops as I was suspended from Rounds 4 & 5?

I already have my Corvette. About the Retro Outfits, I'm so sorry! It is something new for me. But I promise that I will wear Retro Outfits in next rounds. 👍

By the way, I'll get some practising tonight...

I have a question: Am I free from drops as I was suspended from Rounds 4 & 5?

No - You still have one dropped score. After dropping one score, at the moment Pimiki is leading the championship on 92, with Simbalora second on 90 and you have 75. With a potential 150 points available and only 17 points between first and third, the battle for the championship is wide open!

No - You still have one dropped score. After dropping one score, at the moment Pimiki is leading the championship on 92, with Simbalora second on 90 and you have 75. With a potential 150 points available and only 17 points between first and third, the battle for the championship is wide open!
75 Points after one dropped score? If not mistaken, I have 100 points in 300 possible points (4 victories in 6 rounds).

I assume Harsk that your suspended rounds won't count towards your dropped score. If you could drop the suspended rounds they wouldn't serve any purpose.
Therefore 4 rounds at 25 points = 100 points. Drop one round and you get the 75 points.

You will still have a dropped point round to be taken into consideration at the end of the championship.

I assume Harsk that your suspended rounds won't count towards your dropped score. If you could drop the suspended rounds they wouldn't serve any purpose.
Therefore 4 rounds at 25 points = 100 points. Drop one round and you get the 75 points.

You will still have a dropped point round to be taken into consideration at the end of the championship.
Ah! Okay then. Thanks Paul! :cheers:

Well, if not mistaken, here are the point standings with one dropped score:

Pimiki 92 points, Andreas 90 points, Harsk 75 points, Richroo 65 points, Zeus 61 points, Sick Cylinder 44 points.

With two dropped scores, the points would be:

Andreas 77 points, Pimiki 76 points, Harsk 75 points, Zeus 61 points, Richroo 57 points, Tarnheld 42 points, Sutsgard 38 points.

Oh well, I guess that the championship will be battling for sure. 👍

@Benny44 is interested in historic racing, he was going to run Thursday morning (UTC) 450pp classic races. We drove together for a bit this morning at Spa.

@SolidSnake7735 was driving a Mercedes 300 SL 1954 nicely on CM tyres at Autumn Ring Mini when I took over the test room.

Astronomy group is on this Friday night so I'll be going to that instead of this. Any excuse to avoid driving around Bathurst! :lol:

Last edited:
It looks like I may be around today, although I still can't say for certain. I do have a Jaguar XJ13 painted in garnet red just getting buffed in my garage - are there spots still available @Sick Cylinder?And if there are, what number would I put on?

Someone's coming to possibly buy my real life car today and I would then need to pick up my next vehicle if that happens, so my day is completely up in the air.

It looks like I may be around today, although I still can't say for certain. I do have a Jaguar XJ13 painted in garnet red just getting buffed in my garage - are there spots still available @Sick Cylinder?And if there are, what number would I put on?

Someone's coming to possibly buy my real life car today and I would then need to pick up my next vehicle if that happens, so my day is completely up in the air.

50 should be free. Based on previous rounds there should be room. Note - if you miss the Qualification Race which normally starts at 20:40 GMT, the Feature Race normally starts at approximately 20:55. If you miss the Qualification Race the game puts you at the back of the grid for the Feature Race.

AMC is Art Morisson Corvette, right?

Also I guess Olympic Gold is from the '69 Camaro?

Yes.

All Drivers please note that as this is Round 7 we have changed cars - If unsure please refer to Post number 125.

See you later and good luck all!

I was running some laps around Bathurst this a.m. Quite fun, especially the downhill esses.

@Sick Cylinder I have a question though- I've read through the rules, etc and I thought somewhere it said what number type should be on the car. But I can't seem to find it. Perhaps the bordered circle? And maybe font B? I really can't remember where I saw it previously.
My racing suit and the other details are all done, just not sure on this.

cobra shelby.jpg
well has been fun in the cobra hope the xj13 is going to play nice !
For those of you changing to the cobra here is what you have to look forward too....

Attachments

• 1965-shelby-daytona-fire-historic.jpg
    1965-shelby-daytona-fire-historic.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
here is car change spec , sick the one above back to front?
Benny 44 ,numbers were given by sick ! 42 is in vacant so should be ok !
Driver Names S1 051016.jpg

Specs: Round 7-12 (Note Silver use XJ13)
Class 2. Jaguar XJ13 = Sports Hard (455bhp)
Class 2. Corvette Z06 = Sports Soft (480bhp) with chassis reinforcement

Class 1. AM Corvette = Sports Soft Front + Medium Rear (516bhp)
Class 1. Cobra Chromeline = Sports Medium (Full Power = 516bhp)

I'm a bit gutted, because I couldn't win this time today, however, my mistake while I was getting passed by CrazyJohn costed my win.

But still, I'm still happy with CrazyJohn for the win. I actually tried to collaborate for team work this time, so if I did any mistake, then I'm sorry. 👍

Sorry for withdrawing the brake pedal potentiometer but it was only released in the wheel brake motor brake only reached 30%. I could not drive the car so next time we may be able to compete.

Sorry for withdrawing the brake pedal potentiometer but it was only released in the wheel brake motor brake only reached 30%. I could not drive the car so next time we may be able to compete.
I also was surprised that you didn't compete on this round because I was trying to do a fair race this time.

Back