FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
DK
You should be able to find it here, just save the track named "Bump Test SUCCESS 1".
But the problem is that the track that you have linked to me is unbanked. And if the track is unbanked, then the unbanked track will have jumps like the image?

I know DK, but there are two versions of this track: Unbanked and Banked.

Unbanked is the original. I made a banked version immediately after, just as a test. It's almost 100% identical, though I feel like the bumps are slightly smoothened out in the banked variant - take from that what you will.

I recommend the unbanked version.

Unbanked is the original. I made a banked version immediately after, just as a test. It's almost 100% identical, though I feel like the bumps are slightly smoothened out in the banked variant - take from that what you will.

I recommend the unbanked version.
So, on the unbanked version, we can do jumps on the car, right?

OMG I have done my first track on Eiger. Bet its bloody useless with sodding ramps like that.

I have made a disused track, Aintree GP course and also a street circuit of my area. Looking forward to sharing them with you.

I have a room up in the FRL group, doing a little bit of work on my project but pop in if you want to try Pescara.

What do we think of course maker? Testing it tonight.

EDIT: Not too impressed.

Last edited:
Damn it, I was hoping for something like that squared oval from the NASCAR Trucks days. :dopey:

It's not what it could be, but it's certainly an upgrade from the GT5 course generator.

The good: you actually create the track by shaping corners and choosing straight lengths.

The bad: none of the maps allow for terrain elevation adjustment so jumps are something that just sort of happen. Scenery is also terribly limited and entirely too spaced out. Stands cannot be grandstands because they are so far apart.

The ugly: corners have an absolute minimum radius of 34 metres, so hairpins are quite simply impossible. The minimum radius is also relative to track width so wider tracks have a higher minimum. Banking is hopeless, it can't be individually given to corners as you would expect but to the entire track. Also frustrating about this is that you cannot choose an angle of banking, only from very gentle to very steep. The steepest is still really only a mild hill so creating an oval like nascar would race on with high banks is just never going to happen. Not that you would though because you're a touring car man.

Overall on a scale of never again to OMFG BEST DAY EVER it's a meh. It's polar opposites to get to that decision because being able to create you own awesomeness and mostly recreate circuits that are not in game. The bad that brings it down is all previously stated, given that it is only the first version of the app there is much room for updating to allow for some or all of these things to be fixed. It's not as bad as the bad and ugly length implies but there are some glaring issues that need fixing.

What do we think of course maker? Testing it tonight.

EDIT: Not too impressed.

Thought you had packed your PS3 away? Otherwise I may have joined you last night as I have 1 historic accurate course (Aintree GP Circuit) and 1 really fast course for GT cars.

Thought you had packed your PS3 away? Otherwise I may have joined you last night as I have 1 historic accurate course (Aintree GP Circuit) and 1 really fast course for GT cars.

I was on about 10pm, so quite late.

Unimpressed with it for recreating tracks.

If anyone is interested, this is soon to start:

21608145053_282161177b_c.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/nsx-lm-endurance-series-testing-25th-october.337216/

Last edited:
Oh, here's a bit of banter: We always bitched Furi out for never giving penalties unless someone ruined his race (can I appeal my T13 finale penalty kthx?), but towards the end of WSC someone was banned for a race and another driver was given a minute penalty after another one.

For some reason, neither was ever made public.

The 1 minute penalty for I think it was @jammy21 for spinning then pressing start to avoid damage so @Furinkazen gave him a penalty as a replacement for what he would of lost if he had gotten the damage.

The 1 race ban I have no idea about.

Back