FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
--WORLD SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON VII
--First Car's Launched, First Rule & Schedule Information released

Testing is underway for a drastically altered World Sportscar Championship. First up is the news regarding the classification of cars. The class known originally as "C1" and more recently "PT" is being restructured under the new moniker of "GT-P", standing for "Grand Touring-Prototype". This change is to accommodate the opening of the regulations to allow highly tuned production models to compete alongside the current group of Prototype models.

The class formerly known as "GT" was a great success, with no tuning formula and almost stock cars producing amazing action. Some senior drivers however were concerned about the speed differential and for the class to evolve with new interest, this has been superceded by the new tuning enabled "GT-O" or "Grand Touring-Open" class. "GT-O" is a tuning enabled class with higher performance cars than the old GT. Cars also run on equal tyres to the "GT-P" category, which makes them even faster.

Daytona's Rolex event will yet again open the season, 80 laps through night and day at the Road Course. Bathurst has also been confirmed to debut, in a race which will be uniquely started at midnight and run into the morning hours, a first for the WSC.

It also our pleasure to reveal the first cars of this new era, and a name synonymous with the WSC. Corvette Racing have raced in the WSC before. The mighty Corvette Z06 was a powerful beast that dominated class C2 in the early days of WSC. Now Corvette have unveiled there contenders for a new era for GTP - the Corvette Z06R. The car is chassis wise almost identical to the original C2 race car, but has had revised aerodynamics for front and rear. Whilst it is a weighty 1168 kilograms, the powerful engine has been turbocharged to create the most extreme engine ever in WSC - 836hp from the 5.8 litre V8 engine leading to speeds of over 210mph.

Syracuse-Night_zpse584b82f.jpg

GTO is a category fairly open in scope. Any Grand-Touring certified car can fit regulations through limiting or boosting. Corvette's unique take on the rules has resulted in the StingRacer. Featuring common Corvette family design cues, the 1150kg sportscar has a N/A engine producing just over 330hp. This car replaces the C3C, which was a stalwart veteran of the GT class during it's time in racing. It certainly will be a very competitive entry when the field assembles for the ROLEX AT DAYTONA in early 2014.

Syracuse-Night_1_zpsed5b2ba3.jpg

More news to follow sunday, with a statement expected from the co-organisers of the biggest event in the series, the A.C.O., about the Le Mans Classic.

Syracuse-Night_2_zps750d0bc5.jpg

Last edited:
So GT6 is amazing. Brands Hatch (GP and Indy) will be superb for ToCA. 👍

And Silverstone might look good in the WSC calendar. ;)

Want me to do GTP NASCAR promotion, @Furinkazen, if you're focusing more on the TOCA and WSC side? :dopey:

Not at the moment. GTP NASCAR I want to bring just a little later. Trucks might not even return, depends on Clio success. GTP NASCAR will return, just not entirely yet. Thanks for the offer Pingu though, i'll come back to you when time comes. 👍

Not at the moment. GTP NASCAR I want to bring just a little later. Trucks might not even return, depends on Clio success. GTP NASCAR will return, just not entirely yet. Thanks for the offer Pingu though, i'll come back to you when time comes. 👍

Just got a creeped out feeling of PURE having some sort of monopoly in the NASCAR scheme. :scared:

But then I remember that I probably have Swifts to deal with too, gotta have a talk with @FlyingFox about that one. :dopey:

Just got a creeped out feeling of PURE having some sort of monopoly in the NASCAR scheme. :scared:

But then I remember that I probably have Swifts to deal with too, gotta have a talk with @FlyingFox about that one. :dopey:

PURE isn't anything to me. I've got very good relations with PURE racers like Snow, Yera, Spurgy, and Wardez. Mule has already stated his is like a fresh idea. I'm just continuing the GTP NASCAR story. So Carbonox, no need to keep mentioning them in public like that :)

PURE isn't anything to me. I've got very good relations with PURE racers like Snow, Yera, Spurgy, and Wardez. Mule has already stated his is like a fresh idea. I'm just continuing the GTP NASCAR story. So Carbonox, no need to keep mentioning them in public like that :)

Well I've made more enemies out of PURE drivers than friends, so obviously I'm going to be more alerted when things like this come up. I know it's looking weird and maybe even paranoid, but I can't help myself. D:

my car ideas for WSC VII

GT-P
Ford GT40
Shelby Daytona coupe
Ferrari 250 GTO

GT-O
Shelby GT-350
A/C Cobra
Ferrari 250 GT
Jaguar XKE

:( Aww... I was hoping for a possible Classic Truck Series with the El Camino, even though real-life Truck Series only started in 1995...

I changed oil on a NASCAR and it went straight to 892hp. Break-in is probably gone. I'm not complaining.

Latest Posts

Back