FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
--WORLD SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON VII
--News From France & Italy

France and Italy both have a symbolic links with the WSC. Despite no confirmed french teams running the WSC as of now, France has long hosted the greatest event in the whole FRL - the Le Mans Classic. Over the past few years it has evolved into a 50 lap exhausting endurance for all drivers involved, a huge test. Times however are changing. At Circuit De La Sarthe it has been confirmed that the circuit is after 8 races being renovated. New lighting systems mean the race can now take place through the night, adding a new dynamic and challenge to an already gruelling event. However La Sarthe is also evolving in terms of safety. New renovations have re profiled and extended run off at Dunlop, Tetre Rouge, and the Ford Chicane. This also has led to the insertion of two chicanes down the Mulsanne - cars will still hit 200mph down the Mulsanne but the days of 3min 30 laps at 230mph are over. However there will still be a recognition of La Sarthes tradition - the colourful, noisy, and spectacular rolling start will remain. La Sarthe will also remain a double points event, however the pts may change in how they are awarded.

CircuitdelaSarthe2013_zps986e9727.jpg

Ferrari have a deep history in the WSC. The 330P4 is arguably the most beautiful looking car to ever grace a race track, and returns after a re-development programme following the sabbatical of WSC VI when only only 1 old spec 330 was run by N.A.R.T. The GT-P class it races in will also be altered on specification, with less powerful engines expected, however this will increase fuel economy and mean longer stints across all tracks.

Syracuse-Night_3_zpsf1ef0191.jpg

GTO class represents a new challenge for Ferrari - the 250GT is Ferrari's first entry not aimed at the top tier of WSC. Specs remain under wraps, but expected power of at least 300hp is a near-certainty as Ferrari aim for duel glory in the new WSC era.

Syracuse-Night_2_zpsf0de9eea.jpg

On a final note, Monza is also understood to have returned to the WSC calendar.

Syracuse-Night_zpsaeb5247d.jpg

Great news that Le Mans will be at the chicane layout, also not sure which car and class I will be in as there is so many inviting cars in the series.

Great news that Le Mans will be at the chicane layout, also not sure which car and class I will be in as there is so many inviting cars in the series.
I'm waiting for everything to be announced before I make any decisions.

Will be opening a room tonight for people to come and run, a trackday room for friends only.

Hope that's the 2013 version. The elevation change in Esses is awesome in that version.

Though for me 2005 NC is still king. ;)

Well things are looking up for WSC after all.

BTW you will not see me online until around the 2nd weekend in Jan

Well things are looking up for WSC after all.

BTW you will not see me online until around the 2nd weekend in Jan

Even better, tests tonight show the Corvette SR and 250GT to be very close. And at Le Mans doing 170mph on the chicane layout :scared:

Back