FRL~IROC3 - YERATEL WINS IROC III!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 731 comments
A setup that nobody could run at full throttle in any circumstances would kick ass, but I'd still have to be convinced that the oppressed DS3 minority gets the fair chance they deserve. :(

On the other note, wasn't @Andil implying he had a DS3? Then how come he was running so well at Motegi-tegi-tegi?
Motegi set up was fine.

A setup that nobody could run at full throttle in any circumstances would kick ass, but I'd still have to be convinced that the oppressed DS3 minority gets the fair chance they deserve. :(

On the other note, wasn't @Andil implying he had a DS3? Then how come he was running so well at Motegi-tegi-tegi?

He has a wheel and a controller, so guessing he had his wheel at Motegi and was too lazy to set it up for Indy.

Used a DS3 at Motegi too, but the weird setup we were using (the rear toe especially) gave the car tons of oversteer so we weren't really at much of a disadvantage.

Cheap claim with no evidence to back it up. Compare my cornering speed and use of throttle to Yera's for instance.

"I'm not fastest so it's wrong... "
Used a DS3 at Motegi too, but the weird setup we were using (the rear toe especially) gave the car tons of oversteer so we weren't really at much of a disadvantage.

This^^^

I personally did that spec myself so won't take any DS3 complaints from that.

I did feel uncompetitive at Motegi (still obviously had a disadvantage with a worse turning circle than wheel users) but like I said, I was never taking IROC seriously so never mentioned it.

From my perspective, the Motegi setup was fine for the DS3 guys until the tires began to wear. @Andil kept up with Spurgy and I until the tires wore in and then he fell off. At Indy, it was no contest for wheel guys. My suggestion would be to take rear downforce off and make the car a monster to hold onto on ovals to make it fair

From my perspective, the Motegi setup was fine for the DS3 guys until the tires began to wear. @Andil kept up with Spurgy and I until the tires wore in and then he fell off. At Indy, it was no contest for wheel guys. My suggestion would be to take rear downforce off and make the car a monster to hold onto on ovals to make it fair
Well the road car is interesting. It's looser on ovals than the race car but not as snappy - it won't spin as easy on Motegi pit exit as easily.

An oval season is an option to be investigated.

Well the road car is interesting. It's looser on ovals than the race car but not as snappy - it won't spin as easy on Motegi pit exit as easily.

An oval season is an option to be investigated.
I never had issues spinning on Motegi pit exit as easily. I'm sure the road car can impact the Motegi pit wall just as good though 👍

Actually yeah you're right haha, forgot about falling behind once tyres fell away - was fine till tyres got to 8 on the front then became impossible.

Like has been said, something looser on ovals would benefit both I think. Might make pack racing difficult though, just needs testing.

Actually yeah you're right haha, forgot about falling behind once tyres fell away - was fine till tyres got to 8 on the front then became impossible.

Like has been said, something looser on ovals would benefit both I think. Might make pack racing difficult though, just needs testing.
We want a balance, some separation or every oval is a wreckfest.
I'd certainly consider full damage for next season as well.

Think full damage is a must.

Also I don't like how we let people catch up to the back of the SC train.. Means you can have a wreck and have no penalty at all, just pit and you're back in action. Ok you're at the back but with only 16 cars that hardly matters. How do nascar do it irl?

Think full damage is a must.

Also I don't like how we let people catch up to the back of the SC train.. Means you can have a wreck and have no penalty at all, just pit and you're back in action. Ok you're at the back but with only 16 cars that hardly matters. How do nascar do it irl?
Pace car gathers whole field and pits open. Like we do it Haha. Full damage will mean more careful driving though.

Pace car gathers whole field and pits open. Like we do it Haha. Full damage will mean more careful driving though.
Ah lame, fair enough. Just feels like you could deliberately cause a caution if you're not in a position to win, cause a caution to bunch the pack up together again and you get no penalty. When I was pushing HSV for 20 laps, always staying 22secs off the lead and never catching, the thought crossed my mind.. But I never did it :P - but I'd rather not have the option/ability to do that!

Ah lame, fair enough. Just feels like you could deliberately cause a caution if you're not in a position to win, cause a caution to bunch the pack up together again and you get no penalty. When I was pushing HSV for 20 laps, always staying 22secs off the lead and never catching, the thought crossed my mind.. But I never did it :P - but I'd rather not have the option/ability to do that!
In Nascar, and also I would do this, they can send cars involved to tail end of the field.

With the road cars fuel use is significantly higher, tbh I may go for a one feature race with qualifying session.

Full damage is fine as long as we don't have lag.
@Yeratel84 you've been mentioned

I think that as soon as someone would do it, it would be obvious enough to see it and penalize that driver

I think that as soon as someone would do it, it would be obvious enough to see it and penalize that driver
Yeah. Also worth noting with full damage a damaged car could lose a lap having to tour round with damage before pits open.

"I'm not fastest so it's wrong... "

This^^^

I personally did that spec myself so won't take any DS3 complaints from that.
Did you even do as I asked and check the replay? Your arrogant attitude isn't exactly motivating me to continue as your TOCA teammate either. :)

Yera was legitimately fastest, full stop....
Then why did he get to drive at full speed when everyone had the same setup there? Why is it that hard for you to admit PD makes different controllers play with different rules and your spec actually didn't balance the differences well enough? Not happy with your inability to take complaints TBH.

Then why did he get to drive at full speed when everyone had the same setup there?

He wasn't only wheel user.

Why is it that hard for you to admit PD makes different controllers play with different rules

Well this is the first time I have heard this.

and your spec actually didn't balance the differences well enough?

Are we talking about Motegi or Indy? Motegi spec was pretty much as spot on as could be got at the time, the original normal oval spec was like a truck.

Are we talking about Motegi or Indy? Motegi spec was pretty much as spot on as could be got at the time, the original normal oval spec was like a truck.
Both actually. At Indy I had some hope when I learned I could take the corners at full speed - but only at clean air. It was pretty heart-wrenching to later look at Fox or Spurgy making turns 1 & 3 at ~290km/h, without lifting off the throttle at all, all while following closely in the draft of another car.

Both actually. At Indy I had some hope when I learned I could take the corners at full speed - but only at clean air. It was pretty heart-wrenching to later look at Fox or Spurgy making turns 1 & 3 at ~290km/h, without lifting off the throttle at all, all while following closely in the draft of another car.

Well I can't exactly alter game mechanics. Indy disappointed me as well.

Back