FRL~IROC3 - YERATEL WINS IROC III!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 731 comments
Just wrong place, wrong time for me tonight. However this Camaro is absolutely FANTASTIC to drive.

Sorry about my connection issues tonight, its usually bullet proof. Sorry to anyone I may have hit and caused a wreck.

Sorry about my connection issues tonight, its usually bullet proof. Sorry to anyone I may have hit and caused a wreck.
You were fine for me pre race but once it loaded your car stayed where it loaded (in the middle of the track motionless) but I and others could faze through it, weird

Probably the funniest lag incident was when Spurgy and Mole were unable to see each other and both were double pushing Lancer. We all lined up single file just to keep up

Probably the funniest lag incident was when Spurgy and Mole were unable to see each other and both were double pushing Lancer. We all lined up single file just to keep up

Hell, Fox and Yera lost the draft despite being flat to the floor :lol:

Yeah I couldn't get past Lancer either because he was getting a joint-push from both me and Spurgy. So every time I got a run on him, he'd get boosted by an invisible push. Thought about backing out but it was funnier to hear Furi giggling lap after lap, so kept going.

cami2.jpg

It was cool to see that for a good portion of the race 👍 @CAMikaze

Yeah I couldn't get past Lancer either because he was getting a joint-push from both me and Spurgy. So every time I got a run on him, he'd get boosted by an invisible push. Thought about backing out but it was funnier to hear Furi giggling lap after lap, so kept going.
I was like 🤬 this bull:censored: when it was happening, but I could keep up. Every now and again it would spit Spurgy out behind Mole, and I would just shove him right back into Mole :lol:

So my race I suppose in brief review:

Well, don't remember much :lol: - pitted under 1st yellow to top off with fuel and ended up near back of the pack, worked my way up and with all the yellows and pit stops everything was kinda hit and miss. Later on with around 12-15 to go I got a run off of @hsv and slight contact put me in the wall, nothing I could do really, so came back to @FlyingFox near the end and was set up for the finish, with @Spurgy 777 pushing. Then as we started to make progress @Carbonox came down and got hooked by HSV, and following Spurgy hooked me around as well :lol: How I didn't actually wreck to a standstill I will never know, but made it back around to take the flag.

Learnt a lot tonight, be it fuel use, and how that outside line does work, with a group of cars working together (nice job @cnd01 ). I couldn't really find a line I was comfortable with myself, but come sunday night i'm a little clearer on strategy and I think i'll be able to have a better run - last night was just pure plate racing luck of the draw.

Roll on sunday - with a Qualifier and a 80 lap race, running from day to night time. Either way, great to have IROC on GTP back going :cheers:

EDIT: Anyone think we should have full damage on ovals? Might encourage a little more careful driving :lol:

Last edited:
Banter of the Week Award goes to @Spurgy 777 and @Andil for their perfect cooperation.

Makes me wonder though, with the connection between some drivers breaking mid-race, is it possible for the opposite to ever happen? :dopey:

Yes, sometimes it's one persons connection that makes other people not see each other. If that one person DCs, everyone you couldn't see before will suddenly appear, so you could have people appear inside of you :P

#MaximumBanter

Yes, sometimes it's one persons connection that makes other people not see each other. If that one person DCs, everyone you couldn't see before will suddenly appear, so you could have people appear inside of you :P

#MaximumBanter
@Luke spa wsc...

Oh yea, some drivers like me needs to be more careful to not bump other drivers during yellow. So you or them won't get damage.

Back