FRL ~ LE MANS 750k - LANCER WINS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 82 comments
Presenting the Sauber Mercedes C9 that I will be running.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180827010450.png
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180827010505.png

Still three entries left and 1.25 has tweaked a couple things.

Mazda idle note is fixed.

Also is it me or is the Sauber a little different in pitch?

Raceday!

Firstly, drivers briefing

@raceorama123432 @LewisR3 @TNR_KING_FILO @Matt Smith @LancerEvo7 @swiftsmith @FireEmblem10 @GTPorsche @Yeratel84 @chrisjohnson93 @RACECAR @Pluxtheduck

First GTS FRL race with a rolling start / pace lap, speed on pace lap in mph/kph will be 100/160, all the way until exit of Porsche Curves, speed is lowered then to 50/80. Exit of final corner start forming up odds on right, even on left, Green flag at the chequered stripe just before the Rolex bridge on the pit straight.

I'll be on the FRL Discord for Practice, which at 18:00, 5hrs 15 minutes from this post.

See you all tonight!

Sitting in pits on L9 of 56.

Fastest lap 3:03.3 , lost over a minute however due to a PD issue that struck me, @GTPorsche , @RACECAR this weekend.

DS4 randomly locks steering, sharp to the left with no input under braking. Horrible.

Decided to end my race after 32 laps due nearly 2 laps behind the leader and 1 1/2 laps behind everyone else running. Didn't really have a battle all race due to dropping it on lap 1 at the dunlop chicane, only really overtook people due to them getting damage before me.

Similar issue here, got tapped by Racecar on the pace lap, can tell it was unintended just unlucky and got rear left and rear wing damage. Couldn't get to the pits as I was on the left hand side for the grid. Lost a lot of time with aero damage, never recovered. Shame but I did enjoy quali!

Similar issue here, got tapped by Racecar on the pace lap, can tell it was unintended just unlucky and got rear left and rear wing damage. Couldn't get to the pits as I was on the left hand side for the grid. Lost a lot of time with aero damage, never recovered. Shame but I did enjoy quali!

You were lagging everywhere. I got damage pace lap, weird, car clutched in, and I took a sharp 90 degree turn off. Then happened again at Dunlop.

That was an exercise in patience + being able to make the distance. Highest Mazda's not too bad either, with the amount of crashing I did.

Yay I get to toot my own horn for once!

I love endurance racing, I love that I can keep it on the track for 3 hours straight without someone binning me off or binning it off myself under pressure.

BoP was pretty damn good too, you should get the guy who did it for you to do it more often.

You were lagging everywhere. I got damage pace lap, weird, car clutched in, and I took a sharp 90 degree turn off. Then happened again at Dunlop.

Yeah I could tell, it's also why I tried to back off at the start as I didn't want to damage anyone. It's frustrating because in practice it felt like it wasn't bad or I wouldn't have had qualified.

Results then:

@LancerEvo7 @GTPorsche @raceorama123432 @FireEmblem10 @chrisjohnson93 @Pluxtheduck @Yeratel84 @Matt Smith

unknown.png

Lancer won by a good couple minutes lights to flag but positions 2-5 were a great fight all race with under half a minute covering those 4 cars after 3 hours. Certainly got potential this with a bigger grid. We will do this again - 500k (36 laps) instead 750k, this'll put the race at 2 hours, hopefully get 15 cars, and a safety car + driver (to prevent issues like what happened on the pace lap) and we will have a real cracker on our hands - especially with this BoP Lancer created 👍

Last edited:
It was a great event, hopefully once I have a wheel again I'll be competitive as it was frustrating to be that far down on Lancer

Results then:

@LancerEvo7 @GTPorsche @raceorama123432 @FireEmblem10 @chrisjohnson93 @Pluxtheduck @Yeratel84 @Matt Smith

unknown.png

Lancer won by a good couple minutes lights to flag but positions 2-5 were a great fight all race with under half a minute covering those 4 cars after 3 hours. Certainly got potential this with a bigger grid. We will do this again - 500k (36 laps) instead 750k, this'll put the race at 2 hours, hopefully get 15 cars, and a safety car + driver (to prevent issues like what happened on the pace lap) and we will have a real cracker on our hands - especially with this BoP Lancer created 👍
This week?

Back