FRL ~ ToCA10 ~ GTP #1 ~ Polyphony Digital Win Bathurst From JoeOfTheFire.Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,741 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I could drive it fine, it just required a lot of power and a fair bit of weight saving to get it as fast as the Focus.

Nope. It required so much more effort than the Focus in the long run, it feels lethargic (BTW this is at 1,037kg and 337hp).

Just to conclude, HSV tests Lexus and loves it and announces he'll use it straight after.

1 week later he changes his mind after realizing the Lexus doesn't suit him at most tracks and goes looking for a FWD.

He was lucky he noticed this early, I had to go an entire season with a dog effectively. The Focus requires less effort too.

You can only really do anything with the weight reduction stuff so heavier cars don't gain a weight dist. advantage.

I tried at around 1150, and the best I could scrape at Bathurst was a 2:18. Not joking. I tried it with RS tyres just as a laugh, and I could only manage a high 2:15 with them...

I stuck almost every engine upgrade on it, so not sure about that! I tried with the Renault last night in T10 spec, and it was quite enjoyable. Chassis was actually tighter and more precise than the Focus I found.

I stuck almost every engine upgrade on it, so not sure about that! I tried with the Renault last night in T10 spec, and it was quite enjoyable. Chassis was actually tighter and more precise than the Focus I found.

Wall of torque.

The Focus needs a unique driving style. I wasn't able to figure it out until Bathurst.

It was so slow in a straight line. FWD is more me because I can stick the throttle in when I get punted sideways.

Right, interest check here. In order to replace Clios, if I were able to run a replacement series under the ToCA banner on Fridays, would there be any interest?

Right, interest check here. In order to replace Clios, if I were able to run a replacement series under the ToCA banner on Fridays, would there be any interest?

*Need Furi's approval. :P

*Need Furi's approval. :P
^These^

It involves touring car style one make racing, with only weight reduction.

Let me sell this to you...

What if we had the original Formula Ford recipe, without aero and a great emphasis on driving skill, but remove the "Formula" - and add more touring cars?

You get a Ford Focus Championship. Completely stock apart from weight reduction, and fitted with RH tyres, they provide a Clio Cup-like racing experience. The lack of adjustability provides a level playing field, and makes the race results all about the driver.

That sounds slightly old now, I would join but I have better things to do especially as you've already conquered (effectively) the same thing just a month earlier.

This is my first series... no idea what you're on about.

Clios were fun, but with larger cars, better tyres and less adjustability, it'll add some spice to the formula. Also, the lack of racing suspension livens them up a bit.

Clios were fun, but with larger cars, better tyres and less adjustability, it'll add some spice to the formula. Also, the lack of racing suspension livens them up a bit.
Why better tyres and restricted everything else? You might as well run them stock but allow SRF.

A race series should run race tyres, not road tyres.

But then it's virtually the same result, just being honest here.

Suspension settings locked - tyres locked - tuning locked.

Also more skill using SH.

This is why I said the idea is not very original...sorry.

I understand that Clios ran SH in an attempt to slow it down a bit, but i'm looking at this from a realistic point of view. All one make series run slicks, so i'm just copying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back