FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
  • 76,924 views
Since college has started back, I haven't had really any time for practice. I'm no better than a mid 2.05
 
Since college has started back, I haven't had really any time for practice. I'm no better than a mid 2.05
Room open for an hour or so if you want to run some laps.

Edit: I've come to the conclusion that the LSD in the Lexus is the worst one in the world.
 
Last edited:
Room open for an hour or so if you want to run some laps.

Edit: I've come to the conclusion that the LSD in the Lexus is the worst one in the world.
Have you tried the one in the Mustang? In order to get the thing to turn here I have zero rear grip getting on the gas leaving tenths on corner exit
 
The Lexus is like, one setting just burns the inside tire on corner exit, and the next setting up (one click) makes the rear step out. There is no in-between.

Found a more comfortable setup that I can click off consistent laps within a few tenths of 2:05 flats, best of 2:04.960. Fast or not, that's what I'm running on Saturday.

Closing the testing room down.
 
The Lexus is like, one setting just burns the inside tire on corner exit, and the next setting up (one click) makes the rear step out. There is no in-between.

Found a more comfortable setup that I can click off consistent laps within a few tenths of 2:05 flats, best of 2:04.960. Fast or not, that's what I'm running on Saturday.

Closing the testing room down.
That's half a second on what I can get if not more. The Stang needs a diet or moar power to be competitive here and tracks that don't have 7/9 left turns :p
 
17th January 2015
16042809650_0b87235776_o.png

Part Of The
16068780328_a59ca94ea2_z.jpg


The jewel in the crown of the FRL V8 Supercar Series is the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 400.

65 laps of the Mt Panorama Circuit in New South Wales will test man and machine to the limit as they battle around this 3.86 mile, 23 corner course.​
 
Last edited:
Shamless plug here, but if anyone can't get enough Bathurst on Saturday, you're more than welcome to hop into my Subaru S206 race room on Sunday for a ~30 minute race there. No season commitments required, just trying to fill the room for the Bathurst race. :) Cars are quite fun (and almost as fast as these V8's over the mountain even on SS tires) so if you are interested, hop on over Sunday morning. (link in sig)
 
Look at that slow noob Andil, can't even get ahead of me in points.

EDIT: I also like how more than half of this season's drivers have been either for ECM or FAS. :lol:
 
Last edited:
Have you tried the one in the Mustang? In order to get the thing to turn here I have zero rear grip getting on the gas leaving tenths on corner exit
Tried working on the rear toe, bro? Though that may come at a cost of speed down Conrod Straight.
 
Got the mean green machine this weekend. It'll be a happy 7th at best barring some supah dupah strategy and blocking
 
Got the mean green machine this weekend. It'll be a happy 7th at best barring some supah dupah strategy and blocking
My target is Top 4 with outside Top 8 a failure.
 
Great read @Furinkazen hoping to find some pace this weekend as this season hasn't been good for me. Top 10 is the aim but if things go my way a top 5 finish could be in order for me.
 
Hoping for a Top 10 like Furi said in the Preview. Sadly, both of @cnd01's cars were in the preview. :guilty:
 
Thoughts on the preview guys? Thanks to @TDZdave for his help.

Great preview... 👍

One question though: why do you keep switching between PC and PS to refer to Pits Closed? Every round you've been using a different one... :odd:
 
Great preview... 👍

One question though: why do you keep switching between PC and PS to refer to Pits Closed? Every round you've been using a different one...

Pits shut, pits closed. Makes no difference, but prefer PC.


Need to find a driver for tomorrow...
 
Pits shut, pits closed. Makes no difference, but prefer PC.

:odd: *points to page 12 in the preview*

Also sorry for not sending a preview of my livery for Bathurst, but my computers power supply died last Wednesday and only going to replace it Saturday morning (so no way of sharing GT6's photos)...
 
:odd: *points to page 12 in the preview*

Also sorry for not sending a preview of my livery for Bathurst, but my computers power supply died last Wednesday and only going to replace it Saturday morning (so no way of sharing GT6's photos)...

No problems, been a busy week for me myself.
 
No problems, been a busy week for me myself.

Been a good week for me... first my keyboard cord was cut cleanly by one of my cats/rats Monday evening, which meant having to keep the PC powered non-stop to avoid the stupid "No keyboard detected, press F1 to continue" error message, followed by the power supply failing spectacularly on Wednesday evening (even fired a circuit breaker) :ouch:

Well at least solved part of the problem with a wireless keyboard/mouse combo :lol:
 
Sorry for double post (wanted to ask this before going to sleep)...

@Furinkazen, could I be allowed to run a different rim design as a one-off? (2 inches up as well, obviously)


EDIT: I'll assume I'm allowed, as per your preview, at least three cars will be running non-spec rim designs...
 
Last edited:
Back