FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
  • 76,926 views
Ecstatic after a top #5 finish. Had a fantastic car all night, an unfortunate late race issue with @cnd01 dropped me but I fought back.
 
Good win Mole, sorry for screwing our ECM PEC chances. I had an easy 4th before I was punted off. I had made a good recovery from the last round of stops (jumping orama by staying out 1 lap longer and passing cnd and snow before the caution came out...).
 
BoP. Bang-on. All 4 makes qualified in Top 4.
 
Now I've had a moment to do so, I've just read the rules (didn't have time before the start :D). I pitted under the caution because just before the accident happened I'd spun myself in to the wall and had damage. I'd have stayed out if I'd realised that was against the rules - not that any sanctions would make much difference to my result! (Although holding 15th for most of the race but losing it with 2 self-imposed time losses towards the end was a bit disappointing.)

I hope I didn't hold anyone up - I underestimated the speed difference the first time I was lapped, so might have got in the way then. If so, apologies.

Fastest lap was a 1:55.402, so only a mere 5.6 seconds off the pace :lol:
 
So qualifying went well with a 50.7 which was my fastest lap up to that point. Unfortunately the scuffle in the turn before the bridge gave me left front damage and I ended up doing my entire first stint with bent steering and running with 15-20 degrees of steering angle to the right.

My plan before the race was to do 3 stints of 18-19 laps, but with the damage I dove into the pits when Mole did. That in turn threw my whole strategy out the window. I had to stretch my second stint to 20 or 21 laps and I knew it was over for me then. (let's be honest, when Mole is racing there is no chance of winning. :lol:) That caution at the end almost cost me 2nd place, but I was able to claw back into the spot. (sorry Bambi for the side bump, thought I gave plenty of room)

From there I just tried to hit my marks and cruise home in 2nd. Unfortunately Mole didn't get my birthday memo about letting me win today. :p
 
Thought it was a great race until the lag spike caused a huge issue and melee at the end! Here's the incident minus Snow slamming into my stopped car.


Not Yera's fault at all, but it did make an exciting finish lol
 
Bathurst 400 Livery:
Ronda.jpg
 
So qualifying went well with a 50.7 which was my fastest lap up to that point. Unfortunately the scuffle in the turn before the bridge gave me left front damage and I ended up doing my entire first stint with bent steering and running with 15-20 degrees of steering angle to the right.

My plan before the race was to do 3 stints of 18-19 laps, but with the damage I dove into the pits when Mole did. That in turn threw my whole strategy out the window. I had to stretch my second stint to 20 or 21 laps and I knew it was over for me then. (let's be honest, when Mole is racing there is no chance of winning. :lol:) That caution at the end almost cost me 2nd place, but I was able to claw back into the spot. (sorry Bambi for the side bump, thought I gave plenty of room)

From there I just tried to hit my marks and cruise home in 2nd. Unfortunately Mole didn't get my birthday memo about letting me win today. :p
It was your birthday? Well you never said! ;)

But yeah good race, I did all I could in quali, a 50.4 being the best I'd managed, and yet Bambi beat me to Pole, so was a bit cautious about how the race would go!

Thankfully got off the line well and into the lead, and could stretch a lead a bit (I guess due to 1600/Bambi contact), think I had an 8sec lead or maybe more by the time I decided to pit - basically just pitted once I started losing time to the guys behind.

Then when I came out I realised I'd got my maths wrong and would have to shuffle my stints around to make up for the fact I'd stopped early :lol: and underfuelled :lol: - so then had to put quite a lot of fuel in during my other stops which meant I lost time.

Came out of the pits for the final stint just in front of 1600, but on fresh tyres managed to pull away fairly comfortably - then caution, again knew I had better tyres, so just did the same again from the restart and dropped the pace down once I had a reasonable gap.

3 out of 3! I like these V8s :D
 
Feeling ecstatic with a podium finish (especially considering my pace early on in practice)... even though it fell on my lap in the end when Bambi spun (really felt bad for you there). Although I believe without my two spins I would've been able to be ahead of him anyway after his last stop...

Regarding the race itself, really enjoyed my fights with Furi (1st and 2nd stint), Nin (2nd stint) and Snow (3rd stint after my second spin)
 
Feeling ecstatic with a podium finish (especially considering my pace early on in practice)... even though it fell on my lap in the end when Bambi spun (really felt bad for you there). Although I believe without my two spins I would've been able to be ahead of him anyway after his last stop...

Regarding the race itself, really enjoyed my fights with Furi (1st and 2nd stint), Nin (2nd stint) and Snow (3rd stint after my second spin)

You and @Ninners , fantastic battles 👍 Great to be near the sharp end with guys who know how to handle a racecar 👍 :cheers:
 
You and @Ninners , fantastic battles 👍 Great to be near the sharp end with guys who know how to handle a racecar 👍 :cheers:

Yep, BTW on first pass attempt on you, I braked later than desired, and since it would be a dirty pass, I decided to lift and give you back the place... in the end was good for my personal entertainment :sly:
 
Yep, BTW on first pass attempt on you, I braked later than desired, and since it would be a dirty pass, I decided to lift and give you back the place... in the end was good for my personal entertainment :sly:
:lol: The Caddy was mighty under brakes and pretty damn manoeuvrable!
 
@Roo very competent driving and very courteous. 👍 Thanks for making it a full grid!

After that unfortunate finish my seven month podium streak comes to a close. It was a very fun race despite having to go off strategy for a pit and that spin. Thanks for great racing and sorry if I rubbed you up the wrong way. 👍
 
:lol: The Caddy was mighty under brakes and pretty damn manoeuvrable!

Yeah, but difference in traction mid-Turn 1 was immense in my advantage. Almost pushed you wide once or twice when I was caught by surprise with how much sooner I could accelerate out of the corner...
 
Yeah, but difference in traction mid-Turn 1 was immense in my advantage. Almost pushed you wide once or twice when I was caught by surprise with how much sooner I could accelerate out of the corner...

Merc was mighty there, whereas final sector I destroyed you :lol:
 
Really struggled to pass due to the Caddy not being brilliant on the straights and then Motegi not having any proper corners
 
Finally had a turn of good fortune in the V8s. Started near the rear, kept out of trouble, went the distance on the tire wear and got a 7th as a result.

Plus...

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course.jpg


"King Furi banished the Orange Banter with his iron rule, but the Orange Banter never died!"
 
Glorified time trail for me after the first few laps and after the caution. Just didn't have the pace tonight and 13th in both qualifying and the race just summed up my struggle for pace. Hope to find some pace at Bathurst so I can help my team and teammate in the PEC.
 
It's not really fair to not let him run the livery he started the season with.
 
Could have been better if I had more pace. :(

Only problems I had were at the Pit Entrance where I smashed into the sign Drivers door of of the car first at Lap 11 for a unscheduled pit stop and spun again on the pit entrance straight as I made the second stop. :dunce:

As for a FRL V8 Supercars race in the US, would either Laguna Seca or the IMS Road Course have fit the bill?
 
As for a FRL V8 Supercars race in the US, would either Laguna Seca or the IMS Road Course have fit the bill?
Streets of Willow would be fun!
 
Furi, I think @cnd01, @LancerEvo7, and my points might be wrong.
Yea he put me in 6th points and I finished 8th. I think that's the only correction that needs to be made.

Finishing order 6-8 was Lancer, Panoz, me.

After looking at the huge wreck with Ninners, basically it looked like Yera broke a little early for the first hairpin then Nin broke to avoid. Then Furi and I packed into Nin giving him rear damage after some lag with Yera showing a lap down on my T&S and Nin's too apparently. Then absolute chaos ensued into the next hairpin
 
What were we supposed to be running at Bathurst time wise? I vaguely remember running low 2:05's during a practice session before the season started.
 
What were we supposed to be running at Bathurst time wise? I vaguely remember running low 2:05's during a practice session before the season started.
I think I was in the 2.05s or 2.06s. That's probably a good race pace because I think keeping it clean will be the best strategy here
 
I just ran a 2:04.909 but that was certainly a balls to the wall qualifying lap. Then I ran a 10 lap stint to figure fuel mileage and my best was a 2:05.3xx with mostly mid to high :05's, which is a bit closer to race pace. (unless you are Mr. Mole) :p

I can come up with a good lap every once in a while, but my consistency here is crap.
 
Back