FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
Just checked the replay...

When @chrisjohnson93 (P6) and @Furinkazen (P10) DC'ed, the leader was approaching last corner, on lap 25, beyond 90% total distance... then when @LancerEvo7 (P1) and @Ninners (P6, P7 when mass DC started) DC'ed, the leader was braking for T1, on lap 26, while I had just crossed the finish line, in 2nd place...

As such, I'm in favour of red-flagging the race on lap 25, only question being if we take into account the classification end of lap 24 or 23...

First mass DC in a very long time tonight.
Makes me wonder if there were any storms in the area of where some of the servers are that may have caused all those disco's.

When @chrisjohnson93 (P6) and @Furinkazen (P10) DC'ed, the leader was approaching last corner, on lap 25, beyond 90% total distance... then when @LancerEvo7 (P1) and @Ninners (P6, P7 when mass DC started) DC'ed, the leader was braking for T1, on lap 26, while I had just crossed the finish line, in 2nd place...

As such, I'm in favour of red-flagging the race on lap 25, only question being if we take into account the classification end of lap 24 or 23...
Which brings up the question of how the real-life V8SC series do their red flag procedure if that causes the termination of the race. I gather a look back to what happened in Sydney at the end of last year is in order.

On my screen I never dc'ed as you were still able to hear me afterwards. Also I am in favour of the red flag with the results being taken from the end of lap 24

Classification with 24 laps completed:
Code:
 1  Lancer
 2  Yeratel
 3  Panoz
 4  R1600
 5  Moleman
 6  Chris
 7  Nin
 8  Cami
 9  Carb
10  Furi
11  Chuck

Classification with 23 laps completed:
Code:
 1  Lancer
 2  Yeratel
 3  Panoz
 4  R1600
 5  Moleman
 6  Chris
 7  Cami
 8  Nin
 9  Carb
10  Furi
11  Chuck

Looks like I'm getting a 3rd either by the laps when the DCs happened or the actual finish of the race.

I'm happy to get a podium at least.

Watched the replay for Race 2, that first skirmish was quite amusing from my vantage. I actually managed to not hit anyone, and would have escaped almost without a scratch if Mole hadn't decided to use my rear bumper to slow down. :P

Watched the replay for Race 2, that first skirmish was quite amusing from my vantage. I actually managed to not hit anyone, and would have escaped almost without a scratch if Mole hadn't decided to use my rear bumper to slow down. :P
Couldn't let you get away that easily :P - was surprised we got through as unscathed as we did!

I really didn't drive well in Race 2 at all, took out Yera on a restart as well (been a while since Furi last took him out, someone's gotta do it) - I think that's called losing my competitive streak when there's nothing to fight for.

Couldn't let you get away that easily :P - was surprised we got through as unscathed as we did!

I really didn't drive well in Race 2 at all, took out Yera on a restart as well (been a while since Furi last took him out, someone's gotta do it) - I think that's called losing my competitive streak when there's nothing to fight for.
Hahaha! sorry for contact Nin but never thought about you coming on other side of me and @LancerEvo7

Really looking forward to S2, will be great, not competed in a series where cars are so even for a long time.

Agree on avoiding stop and start tracks, only cause issues when restarting. (Although we did ok at Madrid to be fair)

Additionally if we could get a pre-approved restart point posted in the thread before each race, that would be great, I think each race the lead driver has had to guess or ask where the restart point is.

Thoroughly enjoyed these cars though, I thought they would be a nightmare on the pad but actually works pretty well, if you're ok with lighting up the rears every now and then. Defo going to use #1 next season :sly:

Really looking forward to S2, will be great, not competed in a series where cars are so even for a long time.

Agree on avoiding stop and start tracks, only cause issues when restarting. (Although we did ok at Madrid to be fair)

Additionally if we could get a pre-approved restart point posted in the thread before each race, that would be great, I think each race the lead driver has had to guess or ask where the restart point is.

Thoroughly enjoyed these cars though, I thought they would be a nightmare on the pad but actually works pretty well, if you're ok with lighting up the rears every now and then. Defo going to use #1 next season :sly:

Season 2 for sure will have Red Bull Ring removed and Midfield Raceway in its place. Fuji I am 50/50 about. Oh and new rims ;)

I'll make sure to post up restart points pre season as well. I'm surprised how well these have worked. IMO though, Caddy needs more HP, C63 needs more weight and subsequently HP to compensate for it, and adjust the other two based on it.

I agree with the restart points being posted in the thread pre race as that is why I asked during the first caution where it was as I didn't know where it was as it hadn't been either posted here or mentioned in the lobby in the chat or over the mic by @Furinkazen

I agree with the restart points being posted in the thread pre race as that is why I asked during the first caution where it was as I didn't know where it was as it hadn't been either posted here or mentioned in the lobby in the chat or over the mic by @Furinkazen

Yeah that was my fault for not specifying it pre race, my apologies.

I think we should mix the tracks up some so it doesn't feel repetitive next go around. Some tighter tracks would be great, Grand Valley or Autumn Ring. And Apricot Hill would be great with a race into the night. ;)

Also, surprised nobody said anything about the restart where I split the gap and passed everyone ahead of me. I went when everyone else did but it looked like someone hit the brakes or let off the throttle causing everyone else to slam on their brakes and/or swerve. I saw a gap and went for it. :sly:

I think we should mix the tracks up some so it doesn't feel repetitive next go around. Some tighter tracks would be great, Grand Valley or Autumn Ring. And Apricot Hill would be great with a race into the night. ;)

Also, surprised nobody said anything about the restart where I split the gap and passed everyone ahead of me. I went when everyone else did but it looked like someone hit the brakes or let off the throttle causing everyone else to slam on their brakes and/or swerve. I saw a gap and went for it. :sly:

Marfy did'nt go when/where he was supposed to...

I hit @Ninners but otherwise wasn't too far behind you. Someone just didn't go.

upload_2015-3-1_22-11-38.png

Season 2 will happen later this year.

Oh and for those who did IROC tonight, the Camaros' weren't the only V8s in town... ;)
Daytona International Speedway_5.jpg

Furi :cheers: :gtpflag:

Back