FRL~WSC IX - THE RACE: O'RAMA. GT-P CHAMPION: LANCEREVO7. GT-O CHAMPION: JAMMY21Open 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,211 comments
*Giggles at the fact that no one has questioned what the hell I'm on about George Orwell for*

What the hell work it out for yourselves. :lol::lol:

Actually forget that for now but I may bring it up at a later date. So dates for testing?

Looking forward to all rounds except Silverstone

Last edited:
People talking about wheelspin in the V8s, this is going to be a whole lot worse in the new-spec Prototypes.

Furi loves tires being tortured. :scared:

Was a mere .1 behind Nin a.k.a. ToCA Alien at Red Bull Ring in testing with him in a 250 and me in the GT350. Circuito de la Sierra will be a challenge to turn laps without damaging the car. :ouch:

I have a Cobra in my garage, but it's not the Chromeline that was in the lineup.:grumpy:

If memory serves, Furi said something about Chapter IX being the swansong for the GT350. I'll have a look at other cars, but this is a favorite on my part as to making a attempt at having a go at giving it the best sendoff possible. (NOTE: Not a confirmation of car choice, just a personal opinion.)

Surprisingly after I learnt some more about some areas where you could go off on my outlap I didn't actually crash into a wall on my flying lap.

Was on a lap 0.8 faster than my best but blew it in the final corner. Anyway didn't really learn anything new.

I'm back in the PT division after around 5 or 6 seasons in the slower classes. In the Jaguar for this season looking probably to win the championship especially after the 2 promising performances at the tail end of the season at Le Mans. Add to that I won last season's GT-O Am category means I look to finally get a grip with these cars after many disappointing seasons mainly my ability to find the wall which probably cost me Le Mans to @Furinkazen.

I like Shelby Mustang GT350. That's my pick for the car this season. It's reminded me of the GT40 - same kind of characteristics on driving.

I like Shelby Mustang GT350. That's my pick for the car this season. It's reminded me of the GT40 - same kind of characteristics on driving.
Had a go at Red Bull Ring with it yet? If so, what is your lap time with that car?

I tested four GT-O cars (GT2000, GT350, Cobra and 250GTB) at Daytona RC because it's got long straights and tight corners. GT350 got out as winner for me. It's not easiest car to drive but I like it.
Had a go at Red Bull Ring with it yet? If so, what is your lap time with that car?

I tested four GT-O cars (GT2000, GT350, Cobra and 250GTB) at Daytona RC because it's got long straights and tight corners. GT350 got out as winner for me. It's not easiest car to drive but I like it.

How close were they lap time wise?

A few words regarding the GT-O cars for this season:

- Extensive testing was done at Daytona and also in the immediate aftermath of the last Le Mans race. As the calendar does not include the 2 slowest tracks from last season, the BoP should actually offer less variance between cars than last season.
- Ballast was introduced for a couple of cars, less to adapt lap times than to bring the cars' characteristics closer together.
- I will also post links to setups used in testing later on.

Corvette C3: Comparably heavy numbers-wise, but you can't really feel the weight. With its great chassis, it lets the driver really attack the corners. With a slightly boosted engine to help acceleration, it should also be able to hold its own on the straights.

Dino 246GT: Surely the most advanced chassis with its MR-layout, it needed a bit of ballast to bring it back closer to the rest of the field. Lacking the torque of the bigger engined cars in the field, it's not the best in acceleration, but offers very decent top speed.

Ferrari 250GTB: Ferrari's old warhorse was re-evaluated following a strong late part of WSC VIII and receives a slight power cut after testing with Ninners' setup (thanks for providing it!). Still a very good all-round car.

Ferrari 250GTO: To adapt its characteristics better to the rest of the field, receives quite a lot of ballast and a slight raise in power.

Shelby Cobra: Gone are the days of the loose rear axle. This season's iteration of the Cobra offers a stable chassis with mountains of torque (at close to idle rpm's), so good cornering abilities and acceleration logically follow. Low top speed is the price you will have to pay.

Mustang GT350: The only car carried over untouched from last season. Good top speed and acceleration paired with a decent chassis should keep it in contention.

Toyota 2000GT: This season's version of the E-Type. Easily the fastest in top speed, but the straights are not always long enough. The power is available mostly in the high rpm-range, so it needs to carry good speed through the corners and might suffer on stop/go-circuits. Will Toyota be able to win the Big One maybe this season though...? The car should be able to do it.

Corvette C3: Comparably heavy numbers-wise, but you can't really feel the weight. With its great chassis, it lets the driver really attack the corners. With a slightly boosted engine to help acceleration, it should also be able to hold its own on the straights.
Plenty of powerslide potential? ;)

Just spotted the calendar dates. @Furinkazen I'M GOING TO 🤬 KILL YOU

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THANKS SO MUCH YOU ROTTEN GIT

Back