FRL~WSC VIII - GTP #1 Enduros! FURI & ANDIL WIN THE FINAL AT SPA!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,591 comments

Add Bathurst to the WSC VIII calendar?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why don't you test it yourself?

The thing is with some people they just pick a car and then complain about it because it's not is as good as another car for example. The best judge is yourself.

Think he don't want to spend 20 million on it.

Why don't you test it yourself?

The thing is with some people they just pick a car and then complain about it because it's not is as good as another car for example. The best judge is yourself.

True, but that means I have to buy it, and...

Go, buy it and drive it! Stop asking everyone else...

...I want to know what I'm buying before I buy it! I don't want to have wasted my money on a car that I can't even drive very well!

True, but that means I have to buy it, and...

...I want to know what I'm buying before I buy it! I don't want to have wasted my money on a car that I can't even drive very well!

In the end though, you don't know until you drive it.

I wouldn't touch the Ferrari in GT5 with a barge pole the length of the Mulsanne yet others happily hopped in it.

Will go with the 300SL Merc please.

Furi, don't know if you know already, but the Corvette specs look wrong to me. The Power doesn't match up with the parts you install on the car. Also it is 2 seconds a lap slower than any other car around a 1:10 lap where I was testing - the other GTOs were all pretty similar in lap time otherwise. (Only ones I didn't test were the Ferraris) - So something is wrong with the Corvette's spec sheet I think.

Will go with the 300SL Merc please.

Furi, don't know if you know already, but the Corvette specs look wrong to me. The Power doesn't match up with the parts you install on the car. Also it is 2 seconds a lap slower than any other car around a 1:10 lap where I was testing - the other GTOs were all pretty similar in lap time otherwise. (Only ones I didn't test were the Ferraris) - So something is wrong with the Corvette's spec sheet I think.

Power limiter on Vette. @snowgt

Power limiter on Vette. @snowgt
I tested it with PL at 100% and it was 2secs slower than any other car on a 1:10 lap, so if it needs power reduced as well, then god help anyone who drives that car.. :scared: - It needs looking at imo, others all seemed good! 👍

WSC>ToCA>Indycar

If GT had a livery editor, my Mk. IV would look like this.

DSC_0366.JPG

DSC_0963.JPG

DSC_0959.JPG

DSC_0966.JPG

Those Kenny Thompson built replicas sell for north of $500,000. :eek:

I can't think of many cars that can boast that their replicas sell for that.

I talked to a man which I believe was the owner of it. The car is one of 7 faithfully made continuation models built.

It was difficult to tell if the car was original or not. Took a lot of photos of it by the way.

Edit: Read a bit on these Mk. IV, the one I seen is J-16.

Last edited:
I talked to a man which I believe was the owner of it. The car is one of 7 faithfully made continuation models built.

It was difficult to tell if the car was original or not. Took a lot of photos of it by the way.

Edit: Read a bit on these Mk. IV, the one I seen is J-16.

Yeah that one is J16, they're pretty much spot on replicas, though obviously have a few detail differences etc. I believe they're fully FIA legal, so can race in historic races around the world as well, which gives you a real idea as to how faithful they are to the originals.

The above @gtpanoz, @FordMKIVJ5 is a reason why I love historic racing so much. The cars designs and shapes, and the engineering behind them. When we start a WSC race on average we have the Big block V8 GT40's (mk1 and mk4 variations), the lightweight curving Ferrari, and the mighty V12 Jag. Add in the fastback Shelby and you have a fantastic mix.

A reason I love these enduro's more than any other is that with all the differences in car and driving styles, you will always have a challenging race. It's never processional.

The above @gtpanoz, @FordMKIVJ5 is a reason why I love historic racing so much. The cars designs and shapes, and the engineering behind them. When we start a WSC race on average we have the Big block V8 GT40's (mk1 and mk4 variations), the lightweight curving Ferrari, and the mighty V12 Jag. Add in the fastback Shelby and you have a fantastic mix.

A reason I love these enduro's more than any other is that with all the differences in car and driving styles, you will always have a challenging race. It's never processional.

I'm guessing you like to see the very up and close R8 LMP photos I also took.

@Furinkazen

1st choice: 250GT Berlinetta
2nd choice: 250 GTO
3rd choice: Shelby GT350

You have probably already been told but the power specs for the Corvette C2 and the weight specs for the Ferrari Berlinetta are incorrect.

FYI I have spent my evening testing all the GT-O cars on different tracks with the performance specs listed on the OP. From my testing results the Ferrari's are almost always setting the faster timings and they have a significant tyre wear advantage.

@Furinkazen

You have probably already been told but the power specs for the Corvette C2 and the weight specs for the Ferrari Berlinetta are incorrect.

FYI I have spent my evening testing all the GT-O cars on different tracks with the performance specs listed on the OP. From my testing results the Ferrari's are almost always setting the faster timings and they have a significant tyre wear advantage.

Right, Ferrari's taken :lol:, so welcome to Shelby. Corvette and Ferrari specs will check tomorrow, Snow posted correct one's on Page #1.

@Furinkazen

I smell a future BoP update.

Back