FRL~WSC VIII - GTP #1 Enduros! FURI & ANDIL WIN THE FINAL AT SPA!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,591 comments

Add Bathurst to the WSC VIII calendar?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kinda interested in this, in the GTO class really (I hate driving high power cars with a pad) - anyone able to offer some sort of direction towards car choice? Like what's easy to drive with a pad?

So @Furinkazen with the GT-O class filling up nicely, are you thinking of going back to the Pro-Am sub categories?

I'll have a think, might do :)

Kinda interested in this, in the GTO class really (I hate driving high power cars with a pad) - anyone able to offer some sort of direction towards car choice? Like what's easy to drive with a pad?

Just have a test. All cars drive quite differently.

These cars are actually all comparably forgiving. I couldn't really say how easy the cars are controllable with a pad (you drive like this with a pad?? :scared:), but with your level of expertise you shouldn't have a problem. Is pad-driving easier with slight under- or oversteer…?

With a wheel, I found the most forgiving to be the Jag, the BMW and the Mustang. But that might be down to setup or individual preference and also might not translate between wheel and pad.

These cars are actually all comparably forgiving. I couldn't really say how easy the cars are controllable with a pad (you drive like this with a pad?? :scared:), but with your level of expertise you shouldn't have a problem. Is pad-driving easier with slight under- or oversteer…?

With a wheel, I found the most forgiving to be the Jag, the BMW and the Mustang. But that might be down to setup or individual preference and also might not translate between wheel and pad.
Nice that's super useful thanks! Narrows it down a bit. I find cars where there's (significant) oversteer on throttle to be extremely difficult with a pad, so I guess understeer is preferable with these cars for me.

A little bit of both.

The C2 needs the PL to get to 335hp. I did not mention that in the specs I sent you.

The specs for the 250GT are wrong in the OP. It's supposed to be Engine Stage 1 & no Intake Tuning. Shouldn't need PL. So it should be...

Ferrari 250 GT berlinetta passo corto: Engine S1, Isometric Exhaust, ECU, Weight S1
339hp, 892kg, 488PP

Need to fix this.

Nice that's super useful thanks! Narrows it down a bit. I find cars where there's (significant) oversteer on throttle to be extremely difficult with a pad, so I guess understeer is preferable with these cars for me.

I would rate none of the cars as really difficult to drive. The 250GT is probably the most happy to turn in so maybe the least suited to the pad, and because of their massive torque the Vette and the Mustang have a tendency to show a little wheel spin out of a corner from time to time when you're in their best rpm-range, but it's always well within reason and you can play with the LSD to make them more docile, if you need to.

I would rate none of the cars as really difficult to drive. The 250GT is probably the most happy to turn in so maybe the least suited to the pad, and because of their massive torque the Vette and the Mustang have a tendency to show a little wheel spin out of a corner from time to time when you're in their best rpm-range, but it's always well within reason and you can play with the LSD to make them more docile, if you need to.

I found a good set-up for the C2 making it quite settled and good at turning into a corner. I have played with the LSD to further settle it down and I am really happy with it.

I found a good set-up for the C2 making it quite settled and good at turning into a corner. I have played with the LSD to further settle it down and I am really happy with it.

The C2 feels surprisingly similar to the C3 from 2 seasons ago. It's a very good handling car. You just have to remember to shift really early, because all of the torque is down low in the rev-band. ;)

Back