front downforce master list

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTRedline
  • 14 comments
  • 3,934 views
Messages
573
Messages
P_O_P_E
i did a search and couldn't find anything. Is there a master list of what cars have or can get adjustable front downforce? Thanks
 
Probably best to ask in the tunning forum, someone there might know, I've been hanging around the forums for a while now and I've not seen a specific list for this.
 
GTRedline
i did a search and couldn't find anything. Is there a master list of what cars have or can get adjustable front downforce? Thanks

If the car comes with a front air dam or if you can bolt on front-end aero you can adjust front downforce. Same for the rear and a spoiler.
 
If the car comes with a front air dam or if you can bolt on front-end aero you can adjust front downforce. Same for the rear and a spoiler.

Go into GT Auto and buy/try it yourself.
 
...if you can bolt on front-end aero you can adjust front downforce.

I'm not empirically sure but I'm reasonably certain that some of the bolt-on front aero gives a fixed 'grey' value?
 
I assume you mean road cars with front aero after fiting aero parts?

that i have noticed....

R8 5.2 - 10
GT-R Vspec - 3
430 scud - 15
458 italia - 10?
Mclaren F1 - 35?
TVR speed12 - 35?
 
All Racing Cars have adjustable front Downforce.
Some "Road"Cars (TVR Speed12, R390 Road Car) for example come with adjustable front and rear Downforce (although no spoilers ;)).

If you add front Aero parts normally it is a fix amount (GTR-R35 front 5 for example).
 
Yeah PD neglected some cars downforce in general. For example the ACR get 10 front and 40 rear down force. And the SRT 10 gets 0 front and 20 rear downforce. Another issue that bothers me the size of the wing has no affect on down force. The wing of an Miata is half the size of the SRT10 yet they provide the same 20 downforce.
 
I'm not empirically sure but I'm reasonably certain that some of the bolt-on front aero gives a fixed 'grey' value?

True.

I put a Front Dampener on a DB9, but you can't adjust it.
 
458 has 10, McLaren F1 has 20, Dodge Viper ACR has 10 (I think).
 
Last edited:
re: wing size
nascar and F1/cart use a wickerbill(sp?) thingie.. ie the angle is important, not the size so much..
 
The wing of an Miata is half the size of the SRT10 yet they provide the same 20 downforce.

As Qsx-storm effectively said, it's not the size - it's where you point it.

In theory a wing with half the front-rear depth will give the same downforce at twice the angle of incidence (within certain tolerances).
 
Still a wing with more surface area will force air more effectively than a smaller wing at a high degree of angle. If that's the case I wish we can change the angle of all our cars to create the most downforce.
 
Still a wing with more surface area will force air more effectively than a smaller wing at a high degree of angle. If that's the case I wish we can change the angle of all our cars to create the most downforce.

Depends on where you place it and what the maximum widths are. In the case of front dams + splitters you don't (usually) get much... it then also depends on what you mean by effective.

Are you splitting the aero to reduce the effective frontal cross-section, are you diverting to the brakes, rads, to the undertray etc. etc.

Sadly GT5 just gives you the number-between-5-and-15 solution :D
 
That's what I mean the front allotted and air dams for example on the Viper and the front canards add absolutely no frontal downforce only the rear wing adds downforce. The bodykits for most of the cars are for show. Good example F430 Scuderia add the rear wing don't buy the front aero. Check your settings. 15 front downforce 40 rear. Add the front aero 15 front downforce 40 rear. To me it's just simple to think that adding an aero part front GT auto would add addition downforce like it says in the discription.

Sorry rant over. I just want some downforce for my F40.
 
Back