Frustrated

  • Thread starter Thread starter geekRAGE
  • 39 comments
  • 3,344 views
Messages
19
Canada
Alberta
Messages
geekRAGE
Is it just me or is the NASCAR special event on advanced difficulty near impossible?
 
It's not just you. If you search for it you should be able to find a number of threads discussing them on here. They can be done, but for those who are not experts they can be quite difficult. There are a couple of ways to make them a bit easier, and a way to blatantly cheat at the pit-stop challenge.

And remember, the car is heavy.
 
This search function sucks. It just brings up
The same posts no matter what I type in.
 
Absolutely nothing wrong with the search function. :lol:

I found them a touch difficult but one you get the hang of it there's practically no challenge to it .

There's plenty of information regarding these events if you exercise your fingers a bit and search around 👍
 
Just bad at tuning and racing cars
 
I'll admit, those challenges really do suck for controller users (that aren't smooth). The key is to keep smooth, don't swerve around or use your brakes! A friendly tap doesn't hurt either, remember, they won't get hurt ;).
 
People ask for harder races, so they get harder races. I love it.
PD can never win..
 
Lol, it's nascar now? What happened to rally? Anyways it was kind of easy because I'm using a wheel.
 
Three words.
Draft Draft Draft.
Use the slipstream at every moment possible and have some cars bump-draft you (if possible).
People ask for harder races, so they get harder races. I love it.
PD can never win..
+1! :lol:

~GT5Power
 
I used the Red Bull with NASCAR RM wheel option. Worked fine for me.
 
I give up. This is impossible for me. I can't draft them. I'm so far behind after the first corner and if I nudge them in the slightest bit I get dq.
 
The redbull challenges and the time trial on nurburgring were way easier than this NASCAR stuff.
 
Try watching this:


And a friendly tip; - you can use the edit button, if you want to add something to your posts 👍.
 
People ask for harder races, so they get harder races. I love it.
PD can never win..

GT5 is a game played by all age groups, and skill levels

Anyone should be able to get gold challenges on all the events with enough practice. If people want more difficult races, they can be added via the Seasonal Events feature

making a handful of races nearly impossible is a mistake, IMO.
 
GT5 is a game played by all age groups, and skill levels

Anyone should be able to get gold challenges on all the events with enough practice. If people want more difficult races, they can be added via the Seasonal Events feature

making a handful of races nearly impossible is a mistake, IMO.
I disagree.
If you replace gold with bronze, then yes.
 
I`m not a fan of Nascar, not an alien driver as well. But it`s possible with DS3 and a little patience. Don´t push too hard. Slipstream is the key.
 
The redbull challenges and the time trial on nurburgring were way easier than this NASCAR stuff.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Redbull is so hard lol maybe because I have a wheel and it shakes violently. Good Luck You'd need it.
 
NOOOOOOOOOOO! Redbull is so hard lol maybe because I have a wheel and it shakes violently. Good Luck You'd need it.

Force feedback on 1, it'll help A LOT! It's been told (and done ;)) that it's much easier on a wheel than a controller! You get smoother inputs.

With enough time on the event, anything is achievable! Along with practice and patients, another tip is to NOT keep doing the same event over and over! Take a break, do something else, clear your frustrations. Along with that, don't keep driving the same way every time! Try different lines, techniques, and styles! That's why it's important to leave it and come back later, it'll change your view on how you should do it!
 
I used the search feature, and found this gem. For me, it turned the Nascar events into a cakewalk.
 
Finally! NASCAR special events are done. I feel even better about it because I use just a normal ps3 controller.
 
I wait with bated breath for your AMG Driving Academy thread.
 
I wait with bated breath for your AMG Driving Academy thread.

I haven't done that either. Still very nervous about. Waiting till I upgrade to a wheel.
 
I haven't done that either. Still very nervous about. Waiting till I upgrade to a wheel.

That's one of those series of events that are easy to gold with a controller. Don't feel shy to throw the car around, that's the key to those ones!
 
:) nice one 👍 I think I heard that far too many times back when I did those races.

I think that's sunk into most of our heads :lol:.

"Damn you Jeff Gordon!!!".
 
The mouth...
The horrifying.. horrifying mouth..

The power of the derp is strong with this one!

But seriously that render of Jeff has given me nightmares (No I'm not joking)
 
The virtual Vettel gives me the creeps too. But Jeff is uglier :yuck:

~GT5Power
 
Back