Frustrated

  • Thread starter Thread starter geekRAGE
  • 39 comments
  • 3,344 views
I wait with bated breath for your AMG Driving Academy thread.

Well it's your lucky day sir. NASCAR was my last one to finish. The AMG driving acedemy was my first one to finish and I must say a lot easier for me.
 
make sure you turn off any assists including ABS, it will slow you down a bit. And even being manual seems to help, assuming you aren't already trying the challenges this way.
 
make sure you turn off any assists including ABS, it will slow you down a bit. And even being manual seems to help, assuming you aren't already trying the challenges this way.

In the NASCAR special events you can not turn off ASM (not ABS wait cant turn that off either:dunce:) Anyways that damn ASM sucks you barely turn the wheel and the ASM kicks in cutting your power.

Like everyone said, be smooth with your actions don't jerk the wheel or stick(you'll lose valuable time. And stay in the draft at all times. Also do not pull out to early to overtake in the tri-oval. They will get you.
 
Last edited:
make sure you turn off any assists including ABS, it will slow you down a bit. And even being manual seems to help, assuming you aren't already trying the challenges this way.
^^^This. I had all assists turned off except having ABS at 1 and the car was still understeering and scrubbing speed. Turned ABS completely off, the understeer disappeared and I golded all of the NASCAR events with ease.
 
^^^This. I had all assists turned off except having ABS at 1 and the car was still understeering and scrubbing speed. Turned ABS completely off, the understeer disappeared and I golded all of the NASCAR events with ease.

In the NASCAR special events you can not turn off ASM (not ABS wait cant turn that off either:dunce:) Anyways that damn ASM sucks you barely turn the wheel and the ASM kicks in cutting your power.

Like everyone said, be smooth with your actions don't jerk the wheel or stick(you'll lose valuable time. And stay in the draft at all times. Also do not pull out to early to overtake in the tri-oval. They will get you.

Like I said 2 aids are still on. ASM is what is cutting your power.

Sweet Post 420 yeaaa :drool:
 
^^^This. I had all assists turned off except having ABS at 1 and the car was still understeering and scrubbing speed. Turned ABS completely off, the understeer disappeared and I golded all of the NASCAR events with ease.

Somebody should have said that earlier. At one point, one of the updates made it so that you couldn't turn ABS off for this challenge, and it was almost impossible to beat. The trick was actually to turn ABS up to 10, and that would fix it. ABS=1 is like having ASM=1 and slows you down in the corners in this event.
 
I wait with bated breath for your AMG Driving Academy thread.

You mean the AMG Special Event? If so, those are very easy! I found them easier than the NASCAR in Daytona... (stupid ASM unnecessarily slowing down the car at every oval turn!) :lol:
 
To the op i have a wheel now but golded them all with a pad in 2010 and i suck badly.
 
That's one of those series of events that are easy to gold with a controller. Don't feel shy to throw the car around, that's the key to those ones!
Having only managed gold on on section, that advice is golden. I went back in and did the AMG challenges and am now racking up golds :) Thank you.
 
Back