ebay-tatra-v8-2.jpg
ebay-tatra-v8-52.jpg
ebay-tatra-v8-19.jpg
ebay-tatra-v8-8.jpg

Last edited:
1989 Tatra 613
It was a KGB staff car and its in the US

FTFY, just for clarity's sake. :sly:

Also, only 15.5k miles? Looks like this particular cop car didn't live a busy life under the banner of espionage. On the other hand, it means an already rare car gets even more rarity value to go along with it... It's like owning your very own Czech rear-engined (and rear wheel-driven) Crown Victoria!

Have we officially peaked or do values continue to rocket @Stotty?
'94 911 Turbo S $1.4m
02.jpg

The 964 Turbo S (or 'Leichtbau') is a pretty rare thing, and that one ticks all the boxes (low miles, original paint etc)... but still, $1.4 million is just ridiculous.

Overall, values do seem to have peaked (or at least stabilised), but super rare, original, low mileage cars are still fetching big money.

Tom Hartley Jr. facilitates the sales of GTR chassis' #19R & #27R. #19R is now in the US; #27R remains in the UK.
17437727_425396867803682_2199258289047339008_n.jpg

Great set of pics for both.
http://www.tomhartleyjnr.com/used/1...ssic-mclaren-moira-swadlincote-for-sale-f1gtr
http://www.tomhartleyjnr.com/used/1...ic-mclaren-moira-swadlincote-for-sale-p109rcr

Value wise, one sold for a record $12m+ around 2012 in the Gulf livery. However, one also sold for $5m in 2014 in the BMW/Fina livery. A couple others were priced at $3m sometime ago. I can't comment on #27R, but seeing as #19R was the first 'Longtail' race car & was converted by McLaren for road use, in addition to the GTR values now equaling the road cars: I'd wager #19R sold for $5-7m easily given its history.

The 964 Turbo S (or 'Leichtbau') is a pretty rare thing, and that one ticks all the boxes (low miles, original paint etc)... but still, $1.4 million is just ridiculous.

Overall, values do seem to have peaked (or at least stabilised), but super rare, original, low mileage cars are still fetching big money.
The 964 Turbos are the rarest Turbos (overall number produced) to begin with and the S version is even more rare with only 86 made (only the flatnose 964 Turbo S is rarer at 76 made) making it one of the rarest 911s of all time. And considering it's the first ever Turbo to carry the "S", makes it a bit more special, probably. Do I think that makes it worth $1.4 million? Nope! Still a cool car.

The 964 Turbos are the rarest Turbos (overall number produced) to begin with and the S version is even more rare with only 86 made (only the flatnose 964 Turbo S is rarer at 76 made) making it one of the rarest 911s of all time. And considering it's the first ever Turbo to carry the "S", makes it a bit more special, probably. Do I think that makes it worth $1.4 million? Nope! Still a cool car.

After a longnose, the 964 is the best 911 design for me.... such a pretty car.

What a weird looking 911. I wasn't even aware of any RSR with a "normal" interior like that, but apparently it's one of two (of the 51 964 RSRs) from the factory. I assume it was found in that condition, though? Link doesn't mention that part. Very cool.

Imagine going to the Porsche factory today, and asking them to make you a road legal 991 Cup car, but with the interior from a 991 Turbo.

This car is the 1993 version of that.... but a whole heap rarer.

The engines in these are (allegedly) incredible.

I'm not a fan of the interior colour, but those wheel centers with Polar bodywork should look amazing once the shipping wax is removed.

Imagine going to the Porsche factory today, and asking them to make you a road legal 991 Cup car, but with the interior from a 991 Turbo.

This car is the 1993 version of that.... but a whole heap rarer.

The engines in these are (allegedly) incredible.

I'm not a fan of the interior colour, but those wheel centers with Polar bodywork should look amazing once the shipping wax is removed.
I've been obsessing over this car since I saw it yesterday and read about it. I don't particularly agree with the color combinations, but the rarity of it and the fact that this sorta thing cannot be done today, is intriguing. It's an unbelievable find and I am really curious to learn where it came from. Some large collection of never driven cars, I think I have a good idea where it came from. Super cool stuff.

More curious, this is one of TWO 964 RSR with a full interior. Makes me wonder where the other one is, but I'm not finding that information easily.

I think JZM had one in last year... not 100% sure (memory isn't what it used to be), but I think they had a road legal white 3.8 RSR... might have been a converted race car though as the price was 'only' around £380k.

They are wonderful looking things... the proportions and stance make them look hard as nails, and it has a proper engine in it. Don't imagine they make good road cars though... the basic 964RS had rock hard suspension, and these are even lower, even stiffer and have lower profile tyres. I would expect them to be dreadful on anything other than super smooth A roads.

Don't imagine they make good road cars though... the basic 964RS had rock hard suspension, and these are even lower, even stiffer and have lower profile tyres. I would expect them to be dreadful on anything other than super smooth A roads.

👍 Hence why it has only six miles on the odometer. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back