FS: rare sales!

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 2,048 comments
đź‘Ť Hence why it has only six miles on the odometer. :lol:

When I see such amazing cars that have never been driven, it just makes me sad.

Someone will buy this, but at ÂŁ2M+, it will likely never get driven - as soon as someone puts miles on it the value will fall.

The problem with these "barn find" cars with no miles is that they will always be investment tools. No one in their right mind would buy it to drive it. Want an RSR to drive? Save a few million buying a track abused one. And I can't even begin to tell you how much I disagree with cars being bought as investments.

Me, on the other hand... I'd buy this if I were so well off that money didn't matter at all and I would change the interior, get it back into driving condition, and bring it to the track and laugh while bags of loose money fly out the windows. :lol:

Last edited:
Me, on the other hand... I'd buy this if I were so well off that money didn't matter at all and I would change the interior, get it back into driving condition, and bring it to the track and laugh while bags of lose money fly out the windows. :lol:

If you were rich enough to buy it, you'd also be able to afford the chiropractor to fix your back, and the dentist to put your teeth back in after you'd driven it ;)

If you were rich enough to buy it, you'd also be able to afford the chiropractor to fix your back, and the dentist to put your teeth back in after you'd driven it ;)
My local race track was recently repaved, I'd bring it there and trailer the car in. :lol:

The car seems strangely low in the rear, though, doesn't it. Not that I've ever driven one, but if a normal 964 RS is rough, I can't imagine an RSR. That's why it's so odd to see a full interior in something that was meant to race.

The problem with these "barn find" cars with no miles is that they will always be investment tools. No one in their right mind would buy it to drive it. Want an RSR to drive? Save a few million buying a track abused one. And I can't even begin to tell you how much I disagree with cars being bought as investments.

Me, on the other hand... I'd buy this if I were so well off that money didn't matter at all and I would change the interior, get it back into driving condition, and bring it to the track and laugh while bags of lose money fly out the windows. :lol:

Hell just bring the bags of money with you to the track, roll the windows down leave the bags open and double your losses.

The car seems strangely low in the rear, though, doesn't it. Not that I've ever driven one, but if a normal 964 RS is rough, I can't imagine an RSR. That's why it's so odd to see a full interior in something that was meant to race.

It's very low... too low, in fact.

Motorsport 911's generally have the top of the tyre level with the wheelarch... as a minimum, that car needs raising about 2" at the back, and 1" at the front. As it stands, it looks like it has a negative rake.

A 2007 Alfa Romeo 156 Super 2000 Touring Car with its livery seemingly still intact.
435553.jpg

I'm not exactly a Subaru guy (not anymore shall we say) but that car is something I'd have over an E30 M3 any day of the week. (Alpina E30s maybe not). It's just mad when an Impreza is ÂŁ100k, next we'll be seeing 80's-90's hot hatches going to the same level.

That's a lot of money for an Impreza... For a few thousands more you could actually own an ex McRae or Burns Prodrive built GC8 S5WRC car!

I'm not Subaru fan myself but if there are two Subaru that deserve that type of money somewhat it's this car and the the Spec C RA-R. These are limited number, specialized Subaru so it doesn't surprise me people are asking for this. I mean look at how much one would spend on a twin turbo Supra that had no specialization about it. Not that far off from this, which is more historic really.

It's just mad when an Impreza is ÂŁ100k, next we'll be seeing 80's-90's hot hatches going to the same level.
Meh, this is a unique thing, really, I wouldn't expect crazy prices on other 90's cars unless it has some history/ rarity. With the car being super rare to begin with and only a few being sold outside of Japan officially, it's not all surprising to see these prices on the car. Considering this is one of the 24 (1 of 16 in the UK) sold outside of Japan originally and one of the Prodrive modified ones, the price is actually pretty reasonable. Probably.

That's actually a good price considering it's one of the very few Prodrive imported ones, plus well looked after. Prince Naseem Hamed's went for ÂŁ73k which had been involved in a number of accidents and has an awful modified leather interior fitted.

One passed the auction block a year or so ago too in fairly rough condition. Triple the mileage (186,000kms), far rougher (grade 3.5 and C grade interior, apalling for a very limited production car) and very fettled with.

22b%2010_zps8vfnxgon.jpg

22b%201_zpsqulmh5mw.jpg

22b%206_zpsbtpvuo6p.jpg

That went for ÂĄ9,075,000 which is ÂŁ61.5k, so I'd say their asking price is a touch too cheap looking at the market.

Shhhh! Actually. I didn't even know that, always assumed it was.

It was a commemoration model more than anything if memory serves me right.

The "base" WRX STi V5 (or was it V4?) was actually faster around Tsukuba per Best Motoring's testing back in the day. I believe I still have that video somewhere.

It's the perfect car to demonstrate how the Cool Wall works, however. People who know what it is will be in awe, while the others will go "I'm sorry, you've paid how much for an old Impreza?"

With that said, mine would have a spot right next to the F40 in the garage. :D

I'm not exactly a Subaru guy (not anymore shall we say) but that car is something I'd have over an E30 M3 any day of the week. (Alpina E30s maybe not). It's just mad when an Impreza is ÂŁ100k, next we'll be seeing 80's-90's hot hatches going to the same level.

And C4 Corvettes? Still be worthless.

That's a lot of money for an Impreza... For a few thousands more you could actually own an ex McRae or Burns Prodrive built GC8 S5WRC car!

Last McRae car I saw for sale had a ÂŁ250k price tag on it, the old models are climbing a huge amount in value. Even the P1 and WR1 are increasing rapidly. I'm glad I bought my RB320 when I did as even those values have gone up since a year ago.

This 22b has 16k miles, POA though. http://contempoconceptmotors.com/proview.php?id=90

They've also got a Z-Tune for sale, also POA. http://contempoconceptmotors.com/proview.php?id=46

In retrospect an ex-McRae car will indeed be worth a lot more than anything else, I believe the one I saw going for 105k was an ex Thiry or Eriksson car, but it was a 1999 car, which means it's certainly not an ex McRae machine.

Also, slightly off topic, that site has a crap ton of good stuff... This is pretty rare as well.

http://contempoconceptmotors.com/proview.php?id=66

Back