FS: rare sales!

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 2,048 comments
This takes me back to my NFS Hot Pursuit 2 days. #445 of 448 550 Barchetta Pininfarinas, one owner with 7,386km and the first of the last 4 to be produced after the run was supposed to stop at #444.

Screenshot (2).png

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Ferrari-550-Maranello-2002/OAG-AD-16077532/?Cr=33

I'm not a Ferrari fan but hoo boy. I'd do a great number of bad things to have that.

Jaguar XJ220 with just over 1,500kms travelled

Screenshot (3).png

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Jaguar-XJ220-1993/OAG-AD-16263753/?Cr=15

Last edited:
I found this in my local area and I really want it! It’s a RHD Fiat Ritmo 65. I knew these existed but I’ve never seen one in person before. Supposedly Fiat made over 2 million of these which probably doesn’t really make it that rare in Europe at least. But it’s very rare indeed in the United States! They made an American version which was marketed as the Strada and I’m assuming that is probably just as rare. But this one is UK spec!
https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/elmwood-park-fiat-stada-ritmo-65-euro/6828327528.html
upload_2019-3-24_17-26-29.jpeg
upload_2019-3-24_17-33-49.jpeg
upload_2019-3-24_17-34-23.jpeg

Price is $5,300.

-> There was a pot bust in Oklahoma. There are some cars in the auction right now.

- Here are some samples:

1. One of the rarest Type-R's ever built, the '96 [DB8] Sedan:
dsphotohandler.ashx

2. The gentleman's drift car, the '00 [X100] Chaser Tourer V:
dsphotohandler.ashx

3. The last rally-based Celica, the '98 [ST205] GT-Four:
dsphotohandler.ashx

4. One of the most special Evo's in existence, the '00 [CP9A] T-Mac GSR:
dsphotohandler.ashx

5. No need for an introduction, duh:
dsphotohandler.ashx

^ But there is a catch. You can get to keep 'em, but you have to wait for 25-years to be legal to be street-driven in the US (aka. Offroad/Track Use Only). :indiff:

~> Unless, you bring 'em to Canada or some parts of the world. ;)

GTR and NSX aside, those bids are still fairly low. Might be worth a bid on a couple. Not sure how coming out of a drug bust would affect trying to flip them, though.

I’ve read from one source as well bc the cars were imported likely illegally, they may not be eligible for the 25 year rule; you’d have to export them and then start the process.

GTR and NSX aside, those bids are still fairly low. Might be worth a bid on a couple. Not sure how coming out of a drug bust would affect trying to flip them, though.

I’ve read from one source as well bc the cars were imported likely illegally, they may not be eligible for the 25 year rule; you’d have to export them and then start the process.

Also in a link I saw you can't register the vehicles either, so they might as well be fully driving, working mechanical show pieces at this point.

Edit: Found the link I saw a week ago about it.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...8844/us-auctioning-jdm-cars-r34-skyline-gt-r/

I found this in my local area and I really want it! It’s a RHD Fiat Ritmo 65. I knew these existed but I’ve never seen one in person before. Supposedly Fiat made over 2 million of these which probably doesn’t really make it that rare in Europe at least. But it’s very rare indeed in the United States! They made an American version which was marketed as the Strada and I’m assuming that is probably just as rare. But this one is UK spec!
https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/elmwood-park-fiat-stada-ritmo-65-euro/6828327528.html
View attachment 809161View attachment 809164 View attachment 809165
Price is $5,300.

These were lovely little cars, the abarth version is very popular here in local hillclimbs, and they're generally underrated abroad because of their quirky styling and, well, it's a Fiat :D
Shame that there's not many of them on the road here in Italy, especially with the E.S and the Diesel versions :(

The day I found out the vents were fake is the day I lost hope in humanity a bit more. Considering how expensive the car is and the fact Merc couldn't even be bothered to put real functioning vents on it...I don't even

The one time I met Jenson Button he was driving his CLK DTM... reg was JA1234 IIRC... we flagged him down and asked if he had jump leads... He didn't, neither did Mike Brewer. I had to join the AA instead... Good times.

A lot of the cars that have come out of the Youngtimer collection could arguably all be put in this thread. Even the common cars end up being low-mileage, pristine cars. The record-setting auction price for a Mk. IV Supra (& I believe FD RX-7) came out of that collection.

I don't know much about the model, but Japanese Classics has one pending sale here in the states for under $16,000 with 132,000km
https://www.japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1994-toyota-celica-gt-four-st205/

Ridiculous Aussie taxes aside, I'm curious to know what the fair price would be as well compared to this example, @SVX. AFAIK, we never got the GT-Four here, but the ad indicates the Australian market did at one point.
Much cheaper, I know that Australian Delivered Models of most Japanese cars tend to hold alot of value here compared to imports, as Car History can be checked much better, It's probably a similar scenario to the DC2 Acura ITR, there is a cheaper GT-Four also for sale but the Mileage is far too high for a car like this: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Toyota-Celica-1994/SSE-AD-5893642/?Cr=1

They made like 2000 JDM versions that had a bit more power but the export models were made in much lower numbers and given that history can be checked better, and for instance cars will never have a rust Problems here it probably helps values.

Hard to justify the difference now, but the car will probably climb value soon given the low build numbers and the History of the car.

I was more just making a reference to mustafur stating USDM DC2Rs are all overpriced because they're the less desirable market variants.

I don't know much about the model, but Japanese Classics has one pending sale here in the states for under $16,000 with 132,000km
https://www.japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1994-toyota-celica-gt-four-st205/

Ridiculous Aussie taxes aside, I'm curious to know what the fair price would be as well compared to this example, @SVX. AFAIK, we never got the GT-Four here, but the ad indicates the Australian market did at one point.

It's kind of hard to say how much an AUDM GT-Four would be worth because it kinda fluctuates with what sort of market you're going for. In the scheme of things, ST205s aren't worth that much - none of them are. But to someone wanting the rarer locally sold car for that alone (as described by the ad, next to no optional equipment compared to the wealth on offer from Toyota Japan at the time), probably a little bit more. But I can't say $45k worth, because the chassis simply doesn't have the appeal. I can understand $100k for the AUDM R32 GT-R triplets that were sold last year, but the moniker simply doesn't carry that following for the asking price. Even less so when a lot of the car isn't original - intake, exhaust, retrimmed seats- I could see maybe $15k AUD come out for it to the right person, but without the brand appeal and the arrival of the more desirable Japan variants, I wouldn't expect it to fly off the lot.

SVX
I was more just making a reference to mustafur stating USDM DC2Rs are all overpriced because they're the less desirable market variants.

It's kind of hard to say how much an AUDM GT-Four would be worth because it kinda fluctuates with what sort of market you're going for. In the scheme of things, ST205s aren't worth that much - none of them are. But to someone wanting the rarer locally sold car for that alone (as described by the ad, next to no optional equipment compared to the wealth on offer from Toyota Japan at the time), probably a little bit more. But I can't say $45k worth, because the chassis simply doesn't have the appeal. I can understand $100k for the AUDM R32 GT-R triplets that were sold last year, but the moniker simply doesn't carry that following for the asking price. Even less so when a lot of the car isn't original - intake, exhaust, retrimmed seats- I could see maybe $15k AUD come out for it to the right person, but without the brand appeal and the arrival of the more desirable Japan variants, I wouldn't expect it to fly off the lot.
How much would the only 5 NZDM ST205 GT Fours go for?

How much would the only 5 NZDM ST205 GT Fours go for?

I couldn't see someone paying more than $20k unless they were a collector. People that would want to buy an ST205 would want to pay less for the more desirable Japanese models I would imagine.

Back