FS: rare sales!

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 2,048 comments
That 50k is probably Canadian monopoly money though so it's actually 38k USD, which is still a bit high IMO considering there's a bone stock black one on Ebay for the same price with about the same amount of mileage. There's probably 20k worth of Spoon parts on there (maybe more with the rarety factor nowadays, the last Spoon gauge cluster I saw for sale was somewhere around 1600$!), but that should actually bring the price down, logically. It's a very nice "time capsule", though, and pretty much perfect for my tastes... maybe a bit too perfect, actually. :lol:
tenor.gif

Not rare cars to find for sale, but a rare 1-of-a-kind deal. I've seen Ferrari packages before like a 599 GTO and a matching 458 Aperta or matching 458 Coupe/Spider. This opportunity however, is a chance to own a LaFerrari coupe & Aperta together in near-identical specs.
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/10/place-winning-bids-take-home-matching-laferrari-aperta-duo/
067f5d52-2014-ferrari-laferrari-kissimmee-auction-12-300x163.jpg

91b7af39-2016-ferrari-laferrari-aperta-kissimmee-auction-12-300x163.jpg

What's going to be interesting about this sale is that it will be the first auctioned Aperta available whilst the car is still technically under its no-sale term set by Ferrari. The new owner won't face any issues from Ferrari, but it will be wait-and-see if Michael Fux is on Ferrari's naughty list for selling the car.

Given the current marker for the coupe alone, this is likely going to be either a $12 million+ deal or a no sale.

Not rare cars to find for sale, but a rare 1-of-a-kind deal. I've seen Ferrari packages before like a 599 GTO and a matching 458 Aperta or matching 458 Coupe/Spider. This opportunity however, is a chance to own a LaFerrari coupe & Aperta together in near-identical specs.
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/10/place-winning-bids-take-home-matching-laferrari-aperta-duo/
067f5d52-2014-ferrari-laferrari-kissimmee-auction-12-300x163.jpg

91b7af39-2016-ferrari-laferrari-aperta-kissimmee-auction-12-300x163.jpg

What's going to be interesting about this sale is that it will be the first auctioned Aperta available whilst the car is still technically under its no-sale term set by Ferrari. The new owner won't face any issues from Ferrari, but it will be wait-and-see if Michael Fux is on Ferrari's naughty list for selling the car.

Given the current marker for the coupe alone, this is likely going to be either a $12 million+ deal or a no sale.
I can't imagine being so rich that you would need both of these cars, but hey, I suppose if you want both then this is the way to go, especially if you want them to look similar. Does the Aperta have a removable roof or no?

Looks like the coupe has signatures on the engine cover, wonder from who:
f044a3e6-2014-ferrari-laferrari-kissimmee-auction-16.jpg

I can't imagine being so rich that you would need both of these cars, but hey, I suppose if you want both then this is the way to go, especially if you want them to look similar. Does the Aperta have a removable roof or no?

Looks like the coupe has signatures on the engine cover, wonder from who:
I don't know the exact number, but after speaking personally to 1 owner, there are apparently LaFerrari owners who did want both. The owner I spoke to was given a choice; trade in his coupe or his 599 GTO back to Ferrari for the right to purchase an Aperta. He let his coupe go since it was the same car, but he told me the ultimatum was given to others.

The Aperta does have a small carbon roof that was *shocker* an available option, though I think a small cloth one is provided as well.

I don't know who the signatures belong to, but Fux has always been a well revered client of Ferrari. He's typically always ordered cars near the end of production in some far out combinations.

Calling @Crash @Danoff @Clark & any BMW aficionados. EAG is selling a 13-car collection including the following:
1981 BMW M1
1990 BMW E30 M3 Sport Evolution
1995 BMW E36 M3 Lightweight
2005 BMW E46 M3 Competition Package
2013 BMW E92 M3 Lime Rock Park Edition
1991 BMW Z1
2001 BMW Z3 M-Coupe
2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
2003 BMW Z8 Roadster
2002 BMW E39 M5
1988 BMW E24 M6
1988 BMW E28 M5
2011 BMW 1M Coupe

Asking price is $2.3 million.
EAG is proud to bring to market 13 critically curated, highly desirable BMW’s sold as a group. This is the first time in modern history such a historic collection of BMWs has been offered to the public market.

This modern classic collection of analog BMWs are among the finest in existence today. All vehicles are fully rejuvenated to near-new condition meeting EAG’s industry leading quality standards. We are happy to tailor the group of cars with other available inventory and welcome all top-quality trades.

Manufacturers today certainly do not build them like they used to and this is the opportunity to purchase the instant Legendary Collection of the most memorable BMWs built in history.
bmw1.jpg

bmw2.jpg

bmw3.jpg

I don't know the full breakdown of each car's value, except for a few. The M1 is likely an easy $1 million on its own; most on the market are now under POR. There is an 8,000 mile example right now listed at $705,000 & an AHG Studie available for $1 million. Based on their last few M3 Lightweights, I'm betting that example is $100,000 at least. The Limerock E92 could be $70,000+. The Z8 is probably $200,000 as well. With those 4 alone, that's likely around $1.4 million. Have no idea what the others could be listed for, but EAG claims all their cars are in near-new conditions and they all have records for them, so that definitely adds value.

Curious what you all may think the values could be for a specific model at its highest.

1953 Chevrolet Corvette (Chassis #290)
This Corvette is going up for auction at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale 2019 in January at no reserve. This is one of the final Corvettes of 1953. Chevrolet only made 300 Corvettes in 1953. About 50% of the 1953 Corvettes are known to exist.
As with all Corvettes built in '53, this one has Chevrolet's Blue Flame Six which produces 150 horsepower and a 2 speed automatic transmission.

224394_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
224394_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg
224394_Interior_Web.jpg
224394_Side_Profile_Web.jpg
224394_Engine_Web.jpg

Oh man. This would totally be a "Shut up and take my money!" moment if I could afford it.
00M0M_8uP0K6BMuXh_600x450.jpg
00o0o_lGDx7sPZEdf_600x450.jpg

Freaking STE Turbo!
00F0F_6eiq8Re7lJo_600x450.jpg
00M0M_c8RV17sPCc4_600x450.jpg
00Q0Q_9DzohRn2o5k_600x450.jpg

01717_8PNVEwnqQcY_600x450.jpg

For those who don't know, what you're looking at is a 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE Turbo. It was only available for one year, and is essentially a sedan version of the more well known ASC McLaren models. This is probably the holy-grail of first gen W-Bodies (IMO, anyway), and I highly doubt another one in this good of shape and such a good price will come around again any time soon.

Link

Oh man. This would totally be a "Shut up and take my money!" moment if I could afford it.
View attachment 779263 View attachment 779265
Freaking STE Turbo!
View attachment 779262 View attachment 779264 View attachment 779266
View attachment 779267

For those who don't know, what you're looking at is a 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE Turbo. It was only available for one year, and is essentially a sedan version of the more well known ASC McLaren models. This is probably the holy-grail of first gen W-Bodies (IMO, anyway), and I highly doubt another one in this good of shape and such a good price will come around again any time soon.

Link
Sweet car! But do you guys think the 115k miles are alright?

:drool::drool::drool:

Looks like Taisan is clearing out a lot of their inventory. Are they going under?

Edit*
Woah, that site has had some really impressive stuff come through. NSX-R GT Spoon, Top Secret Supra, & a Nissan R90CK. :eek: The Top Secret Supra is here in the US now, so it's cool to see what it was bought for.

Last edited:
If I were to buy a lottery ticket and win a billion dollars today; I would take both. Though if I were that rich, I would be spending my days driving these cars on a road course somewhere.

Chassis #002 XJ220C will be up for auction in December in the Bonhams Bond Street Sale (there's some really beautiful British works up as well). This car carried a GT-class podium from the 1993 Le Mans 24 Hours featuring an impressive driver line-up of David Coulthard, David Brabham, and John Neilsen until it was disqualified for no catalytic converters along with its sister cars, chassis' #001 & #003. An appeal was reportedly not filed in time giving Porsche the victory. This car was almost lost to the Sultan of Brunei collection, but was kept by Jaguar and toured as show car for the manufacturer. It's est. $2.8-$3.6 million which is tremendous for an XJ220.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24880/preview_lot/5218619/?category=list&length=10&page=1

Might be a tad high; that kind of price is usually where the Heritage editions are. Couple low-mile, non-registered GTs for $350-$400,000 right now (in that same combo. as well).

I don't know the exact number, but after speaking personally to 1 owner, there are apparently LaFerrari owners who did want both. The owner I spoke to was given a choice; trade in his coupe or his 599 GTO back to Ferrari for the right to purchase an Aperta. He let his coupe go since it was the same car, but he told me the ultimatum was given to others.

Greg Whitten owns both a LaFerrari (in blue) and an Aperta (in white). Not sure if he had to trade anything back to Ferrari, but I would expect that he's pretty high up on Ferrari's VIP list given what he's owned and stills owns. Nice thing that he regularly takes his cars out to local shows (including his old 250 GTO).

Calling @Crash @Danoff @Clark & any BMW aficionados. EAG is selling a 13-car collection including the following:

Asking price is $2.3 million.

I don't know the full breakdown of each car's value, except for a few. The M1 is likely an easy $1 million on its own; most on the market are now under POR. There is an 8,000 mile example right now listed at $705,000 & an AHG Studie available for $1 million. Based on their last few M3 Lightweights, I'm betting that example is $100,000 at least. The Limerock E92 could be $70,000+. The Z8 is probably $200,000 as well. With those 4 alone, that's likely around $1.4 million. Have no idea what the others could be listed for, but EAG claims all their cars are in near-new conditions and they all have records for them, so that definitely adds value.

Curious what you all may think the values could be for a specific model at its highest.

That certainly is a comprehensive collection, though it's a bit scant on details (mileage? condition other than one sentence about it being "tip top shape"?). Adding the value of each individual car, I would think all this together is probably worth closer to $1.75 million plus or minus, so EAG at list is making a hefty profit. With that said, the nice thing about this is you don't have to source each of these cars yourself, though I struggle to see someone who would want all these cars not already owning one or a few of these themselves.

For the Miata fans like @homeforsummer. A '04 Miata Coupe recently listed.
Meep.

That's pretty expensive though. I keep an eye on Roadster Coupe prices whenever they crop up on auction sites and they typically translate to somewhere around £11k-£14k, which is around $14k-$18k. Admittedly that red one is probably the nicest I've seen, but not double-the-price nice.

I think I want one though. Thankfully they've got several more years before they're eligible for import to the United States and the prices go insane like everything Japanese over 25yrs old. Think they built them in 2003/2004, so 2028-2029 gives me a nice window of opportunity...

1965 Ford GT40 Competition Roadster Prototype
This is one of five GT40 Roadsters built. But this one is the most special. This is the only car to race in Le Mans but unfortunately retired from the race on lap 29 because of a head gasket failure. This car's chassis number is GT/109. Chassis GT/108 sold in 2014 for $6.95 million. This car is going to be sold in an auction in January 2019.
12-1536851541659@2x.jpg

That certainly is a comprehensive collection, though it's a bit scant on details (mileage? condition other than one sentence about it being "tip top shape"?). Adding the value of each individual car, I would think all this together is probably worth closer to $1.75 million plus or minus, so EAG at list is making a hefty profit. With that said, the nice thing about this is you don't have to source each of these cars yourself, though I struggle to see someone who would want all these cars not already owning one or a few of these themselves.
Agreed. I did some rough calcuations rounding upwards and there's no way to go over 2 million even if you source the cleanest cars individually. Also, as much as I love BMW, why the hell would you want a BMW only collection and not even go through the fun of chasing the right examples? From an investment standpoint it's also a pretty bad idea. If the market takes a dump 250 Lussos are still going to be expensive cars but nobody is going to want to pay 50K for your E39 M5 or Z4MC.

Another F40 LM is up for sale, however, this one is fully legitimate. Chassis #74045 is considered the most successful F40 LM to date with a 12th place finish at the '95 Le Mans, and a racing career afterwards in BPR. This car also served as a prototype for the F40's development before being converted into a race car by Michelotto. It will likely be the most expensive F40 to ever auction in February.
Spotlight-Ferrari-F40-LM61.jpg

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/pa19/paris/lots/r0085-1987-ferrari-f40-lm/740406

Est. €4,500,000 - €5,500,000.

A Heritage Edition GT is now up for sale. I've seen a couple privately listed GTs outside the US, but this is the first dealer-listed one. I believe it's the first Heritage on the pre-owned market as well.
ford-gt-67-heitage-edition.jpg

https://www.jamesedition.com/cars/ford/gt/ford-gt-67-heitage-edition-for-sale-10445899

Priced at 1.1 million Euros, it's no wonder Ford didn't want the car hitting the used market right away. These retailed at $450,000, so after converting to around $1.4 million, that's a hefty flip.

Within' no time, someone has already flipped a new Zagato Shooting Brake w/ only 20 miles. I don't know what the list price of this car was new, but at $1.2 million, it seems like an opportunity to snatch a brand new one without a huge markup. The Coupes & Volantes have been offered around $900,000-$1 million with a guessed original retail of $700,000 starting. Pretty standard finish for a quick flip & sell.
https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/aston-martin/vanquish/2019/639216
NDS9739064_ZAG1_48.jpg

Back