Fuji Speedway is Coming to Gran Turismo Sport — And We'll See It This Weekend

GT300, the class below GT500, uses a majority of GT3 cars these days so its actually accurate that PD would use them to fill out the event in some capacity.

Are you saying that GT3 cars are elegible for GT300? Or do GT3 cars need modifications in order to be qualified as GT300 entries?

Are you saying that GT3 cars are elegible for GT300? Or do GT3 cars need modifications to be qualified as GT300 entries?
They are eligible for GT300, of course subject to all the balance of performance and success ballast the series itself has. They run alongside the mother chassis GT300 cars like the BRZ we last saw in GT6, and various others, but teams primarily use GT3 cars because they're cheap and eligible.

So yeah, in the Gran Turismo universe it makes perfect sense that the GT3 equivalent, Group 3 would be widely used by Super GT or All Japan GT teams in this case.

They are eligible for GT300, of course subject to all the balance of performance and success ballast the series itself has. They run alongside the mother chassis GT300 cars like the BRZ we last saw in GT6, and various others, but teams primarily use GT3 cars because they're cheap and eligible.

Still, it kind of irritates me to see a Gr. 3 Mustang as I battle my way to the front of the GT500 field, which the event aims to celebrate. It would be nice if PD brought back the Super GT cars from older GT games, both GT300 and GT500. I'd rather drive against older Super GT cars from the past than the GT3 machines also found in the dedicated Gr. 3 events.

Still, it kind of irritates me to see a Gr. 3 Mustang as I battle my way to the front of the GT500 field, which the event aims to celebrate. It would be nice if PD brought back the Super GT cars from older GT games, both GT300 and GT500. I'd rather drive against older Super GT cars from the past than the GT3 machines also found in the dedicated Gr. 3 events.
The Mustang can be seen as a Mother chassis car or as the real thing that raced in the 2018 Bathurst 12H.
This is the Marc Cars II V8
marcIItrack_2.jpg

4755810013333684768_23.jpg

So, I don't mind that. It's the VGT cars like the Peugeot VGT and VW Golf roadster thing that look like they don't belong.

"This weekend", eh? Did the update roll out yet?

Jerome

Dn3UlJXXoAE7xEv

This is it....
  1. BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11 (Gr. 3)

2. Porsche 911 GT3 (997) ‘08 (N400)

3. Dodge Viper SRT Coupe ‘06 (N500)

4. Mazda RX500 '70 (Gr. X)

5. Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster ‘60 (N300)

6. Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 (Gr. X)

7. Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater '89 (N300)

8. Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01 (N400)

9. Honda NSX Type R '92 (N300)

So far, THEY'VE FINALLY ADDED ANOTHER ALFA for the first time, though basically another 10 million credit car :ouch: and it's great to see more classic JDMs to GT SPORT. They should have added the LFA too, but maybe in the next update (GT SPORT's 1st anniversary update perhaps)... :cheers:

Last edited:
ALso I feel like besides the TZ2 the cars are all reasonably priced.

$1 mil. for the XNR (which I feel like hardly anyone will buy).

I think $7.5 to $15 mil. for the TZ2 (again, not sure many people want a 250hp Gr.X car).

Otherwise the other cars are all relative bargains... grind BMB twice, buy them all... the RX500 was a $250k car? $500k?

Wish there were Nissan 350/370s and make them Gr3 and Gr4s. Some more new race cars. Pagani Zonda? Do we need another Viper? Make some of the most beautiful cars in the game the Maclarens competitive.

Last edited:
GRF
Dn3UlJXXoAE7xEv

This is it....
  1. BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11 (Gr. 3)

2. Porsche 911 GT3 (997) ‘08 (N400)

3. Dodge Viper SRT Coupe ‘06 (N500)

4. Mazda RX500 '70 (Gr. X)

5. Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster ‘60 (N300)

6. Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 (Gr. X)

7. Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater '89 (N300)

8. Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01 (N400)

9. Honda NSX Type R '92 (N300)

Fixed that for you, as I believe it will be in N300.

ALso I feel like besides the TZ2 the cars are all reasonably priced.

$1 mil. for the XNR (which I feel like hardly anyone will buy).

I think $7.5 to $15 mil. for the TZ2 (again, not sure many people want a 250hp Gr.X car).

Otherwise the other cars are all relative bargains... grind BMB twice, buy them all... the RX500 was a $250k car? $500k?

TZ2? Me, me, me, me, me.

I have a feeling the RX500 will be in Gr.X...
So do I but it would be neat in N.

Heh, another 10 million dollar car. I'm betting PD prioritizes those cars first to keep us playing/grinding away since there's nothing else to do in the game. I'm hoping the Alfa is an N class car rather than Group X, because then it has a chance of winning Premium Lounge BMB race at N200 power (lighter than XBOW and some downforce, also it's one of the best handling cars in GT6). At least the other cars are cheap.

Any bets on which other $$$ cars will come in the next update?
-GT40 Race Car (20 million)
-250 GT Berlinetta (7.5 million)
-Any of the X2010/2011/2014 cars (6 million)
-Chapparal 2J (4.5 million)

Track wise, Fuji is a given. But I wonder if we'll see a fictional track variation come along like in January (Monza + Maggiore variations)?

New scapes I'm predicting Red Bull Hangar 7.

Roll on tomorrow 👍

Oh come on, I was about to save my money to finally buy the Countach or Hamiltons F1 car.
But the Porsches and M3 are about to empty my pockets again :scared::)

Guess I'll have to race some more tonight :D

Lucky they future proofed those cars otherwise it would take them years after the release to have them back in the series.

Do they know if they were able to carry over most of those assets? I thought there were sizing and resolution issues between GT6 and Sport that made the tracks and car models incompatible. Obviously foundational assets like photography, measurements, and audio files would still be available but who knows how much of the development timeline that saves?

Do they know if they were able to carry over most of those assets? I thought there were sizing and resolution issues between GT6 and Sport that made the tracks and car models incompatible. Obviously foundational assets like photography, measurements, and audio files would still be available but who knows how much of the development timeline that saves?

The way Kaz talked about it,it seems PD will be able to transfer all cars and tracks for next gen and there are high quality models of both tracks and cars that are not available in GT Sport.

There is a presentation from Poly, they found a way to convert the SDR assets to HDR assets. Though they still have to rework the texture and some geometry models.

I think this was only regarding the PS2 ported tracks in GT6, and the scaling was off when bringing them to GTSport so they need to redo those classic tracks.

Track wise, Fuji is a given. But I wonder if we'll see a fictional track variation come along like in January (Monza + Maggiore variations)?
Uhmm no. We’ve already gotten layouts to those.(not as much Monza but we still have two configs) I say bring on Alsace. It desperately needs a new layout.

Back