Fun, cheap cars in GT6

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by umafeckit, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Ryan_Mckane

Ryan_Mckane

AE86 :bowdown:
    Light, direct, cheap, nice to tune and tweak.
    I totally love it, allready 630KM on the clock with that car.

2. Toffe

Toffe

I would like to mention the Nissan Skyline GTR R33 '97 ("premium"). In GT5 the R32's and R33's felt so inredibly understeery but now, in GT6 with the new physics engine, the R33 is a blast to drive. The back even slides out if given full throttle out of a corner! It wasn't like that at all in GT5. It feels much faster and fun to drive now in GT6 than in GT5.

AgentBlackDog and FussyFez like this.
  3. Alex89

Alex89

I think AWD's in general feel better in GT6. There's no more of that painfull understeer you had in 5 (same goes for FWD).
    I drove the R32 yesterday and even without tuning it felt really good. I will definitely give the R33 a spin too.

Toffe likes this.
  4. mr_serious

mr_serious

5. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

All the standard NA Miatas have a neat little easter egg. They gain stripes when painted, the stripe varies for each model, meaning no two dupes have the same stripe.

6. Ewok626

Ewok626

The Nisan GTR black edition is really fast for the money. The Mitsubishi Evo IX is really good also.

Urbanliner and Toffe like this.
  7. Toffe

Toffe

Yeah, I agree. In general untuned cars in Gran Turismo 6 are more fun to drive than in GT5! Yay for new physics engine! :)

8. GTboyz

GTboyz

I can see it now.

*la sarte, mulsanne straight veyrons, huayras lamborghinis racing neck and neck

*white little Mira zooms past them with the driver laughing his ass off

*the drivers in the supercars dropped their jaws as their cars crashing each other.

Thus, the legend of ghost Mira on Mulsanne straight was born. :sly:

Toffe likes this.
  9. sumbrownkid

sumbrownkid

Generally you can soften up the rear suspension, increase the rear ride height a bit, or mess with the LSD settings.

Or you can do a combo of all three.

10. KRaZyAmmo

KRaZyAmmo

The Devil Mira. the Wangan's most feared racer.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  11. TheGreatWhat

TheGreatWhat

Easily the best buy yet! 900hp ftw although the shelby gt500 fully tuned gets 289 with a little slipstream and lovin'

12. FussyFez

FussyFez

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the old mitsi lancer 1800GSR is cheap, and a right laugh!

Very similar to ae86/ HT 2000GT-R etc

Squanto likes this.
  13. Squach240

Squach240

There's no such thing as enough Miata's.

crisisassix likes this.
  14. LVracerGT

LVracerGT

The '71 Nova SS compeltely stock on comfort soft/medium tires and no ABS :tup:

FussyFez likes this.
  15. RCKakashi14

RCKakashi14

Renault Megane Trophy - for 100k, you get something that can wet the pants of touring cars, even those pesky M3 GT2 rabbits.

RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 - same as above

Honda Fit RS - a proper starter car that has loads of fun.

KTM X-Bow Street - one of the most affordable toys that can drop the jaws of even the DTM machines.

LCC Rocket - can humiliate the likes of FXX in endurance races for far less money.

16. nickg07

nickg07

Mr2 g limited plus supercharger. Rx8 plus supercharger. Etc.

17. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

Some examples:

Elise (any)
    KTM X-Bow Street
    S2000
    Z4-M
    Series 1 M
    Ferrari Dino
    Toyota Sprinter Trueno

Griffith500 likes this.
  18. vr6cas

vr6cas

I have one that really nobody talks about or rarely seen driven, I only drove it stock with some comfort hards and I was impressed with how fun it was around the Nurburgring and Bathurst. Also I think it could be one of those sleepers that just might have potential when upgraded and tuned.

The Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 $48,110

19. Woodski_427

Woodski_427

I've said it before, but I'll say it again! Mini Marcos - really good fun, and with 450pp and around 150bhp I have beaten loads of career races. With a bit more bhp you can beat over 550pp AI. A great starter car as it is eligible for a lot of races.

I've been experimenting with a 50/50 weight balance and -ve rear camber and it drives a bit like a mid engine car :lol:.

20. Vegard

Vegard

Peugeot 106 Rallye '03 - 348 PP, 101BHP, Cr. 12 630.

I bought this car with the remaining Cr. after purchasing the Fit RS.
    Drove it stock through all the beginner class races. It made for some entertaining racing against the overpowered AI cars. Great handling, not very fast in a straight line though.

21. _Applefan_

_Applefan_

I fell in love with the Suzuki Cappuccino, it's pretty slow but handles so well in the corners, it's only a bit less than 700 kg too.

Snake55wildcat likes this.
  22. The Zimmo

The Zimmo

Stock x-type r, excellent drift machine, it's a powersliding limousine, I love to hoon it in côte d'azur!

And all the rr basically, like the alpine a110 and the renault r8, that where surprisingly fast IMHO.

Oh, I've almost forgotten all the wagon imprezas of the '90s, absolutely fun to drive and glued to the ground, even when stock.

23. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

A Daihatsu Midget is actually fun to drive around. Once you drift the Midget Widget it gets pretty addicting.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  24. VXR

VXR

The Swift Sport is one I've enjoyed in GT5 and GT6. I've recently taken a lightly tuned '07 with power boosted to match my Sport and used Europa Blue Pearl from Vauxhall to mimic Boost Blue. It's my new 'Ring buddy.

25. eran0004

eran0004

From the Department of Hot Hatches: The Abarth 500 is a really fun car. I gave it a small exhaust upgrade and tweaked the suspension slightly (mostly getting rid of the rear toe), but stayed with the original comfort soft tyres. It's not the fastest car in a straight line, but the lift-off oversteer is divine. It also dawned on me that it actually looks pretty good, especially in black/red.

[​IMG]

Draggon likes this.