Fun, cheap cars in GT6

• Thread starter umafeckit
  • 84 comments
I would like to mention the Nissan Skyline GTR R33 '97 ("premium"). In GT5 the R32's and R33's felt so inredibly understeery but now, in GT6 with the new physics engine, the R33 is a blast to drive. The back even slides out if given full throttle out of a corner! It wasn't like that at all in GT5. It feels much faster and fun to drive now in GT6 than in GT5.

I think AWD's in general feel better in GT6. There's no more of that painfull understeer you had in 5 (same goes for FWD).
I drove the R32 yesterday and even without tuning it felt really good. I will definitely give the R33 a spin too.

I think AWD's in general feel better in GT6. There's no more of that painfull understeer you had in 5 (same goes for FWD).
I drove the R32 yesterday and even without tuning it felt really good. I will definitely give the R33 a spin too.
Yeah, I agree. In general untuned cars in Gran Turismo 6 are more fun to drive than in GT5! Yay for new physics engine! :)

Yep. It's so hilarious to hear people screaming over voice coms when I'm blowing by them at 200MPH in that car. :lol:
I can see it now.

*la sarte, mulsanne straight veyrons, huayras lamborghinis racing neck and neck

*white little Mira zooms past them with the driver laughing his ass off

*the drivers in the supercars dropped their jaws as their cars crashing each other.

Thus, the legend of ghost Mira on Mulsanne straight was born. :sly:

I found awd unfun because of the understeer. Can the understeer be tuned out now?

Generally you can soften up the rear suspension, increase the rear ride height a bit, or mess with the LSD settings.

Or you can do a combo of all three.

I can see it now.

*la sarte, mulsanne straight veyrons, huayras lamborghinis racing neck and neck

*white little Mira zooms past them with the driver laughing his ass off

*the drivers in the supercars dropped their jaws as their cars crashing each other.

Thus, the legend of ghost Mira on Mulsanne straight was born. :sly:
The Devil Mira. the Wangan's most feared racer.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the old mitsi lancer 1800GSR is cheap, and a right laugh!

Very similar to ae86/ HT 2000GT-R etc

Renault Megane Trophy - for 100k, you get something that can wet the pants of touring cars, even those pesky M3 GT2 rabbits.

RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 - same as above

Honda Fit RS - a proper starter car that has loads of fun.

KTM X-Bow Street - one of the most affordable toys that can drop the jaws of even the DTM machines.

LCC Rocket - can humiliate the likes of FXX in endurance races for far less money.

I have one that really nobody talks about or rarely seen driven, I only drove it stock with some comfort hards and I was impressed with how fun it was around the Nurburgring and Bathurst. Also I think it could be one of those sleepers that just might have potential when upgraded and tuned.

The Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 $48,110

I've said it before, but I'll say it again! Mini Marcos - really good fun, and with 450pp and around 150bhp I have beaten loads of career races. With a bit more bhp you can beat over 550pp AI. A great starter car as it is eligible for a lot of races.

I've been experimenting with a 50/50 weight balance and -ve rear camber and it drives a bit like a mid engine car :lol:.

Peugeot 106 Rallye '03 - 348 PP, 101BHP, Cr. 12 630.

I bought this car with the remaining Cr. after purchasing the Fit RS.
Drove it stock through all the beginner class races. It made for some entertaining racing against the overpowered AI cars. Great handling, not very fast in a straight line though.

Stock x-type r, excellent drift machine, it's a powersliding limousine, I love to hoon it in côte d'azur!

And all the rr basically, like the alpine a110 and the renault r8, that where surprisingly fast IMHO.

Oh, I've almost forgotten all the wagon imprezas of the '90s, absolutely fun to drive and glued to the ground, even when stock.

The Swift Sport is one I've enjoyed in GT5 and GT6. I've recently taken a lightly tuned '07 with power boosted to match my Sport and used Europa Blue Pearl from Vauxhall to mimic Boost Blue. It's my new 'Ring buddy.

From the Department of Hot Hatches: The Abarth 500 is a really fun car. I gave it a small exhaust upgrade and tweaked the suspension slightly (mostly getting rid of the rear toe), but stayed with the original comfort soft tyres. It's not the fastest car in a straight line, but the lift-off oversteer is divine. It also dawned on me that it actually looks pretty good, especially in black/red.

Q1Do1mLCi5s4ixvY2f_0.jpg

Back