|| Funkshens Photography || - Update - Tournament Entry - 8/4/07

• Thread starter Funkshen
  • 316 comments
Thanks LG!

In answer to your question over in the hobbies section. The rims are "Slide Master 37R rims with 7mm offset" Silver in colour. there also available in 10mm offset (a bit to hectic) And in various colours including, Matte bronze, gun-metal, chrome, gold and black titanium 👍

Beerzgood: Thanks!! the paint is a collection of 4 colours, and it came out pretty well exactly the way i wanted!! The first one would appear me to be in the shack! and i believe i got flogged seconds after the shot was taken, just a bit too deep ;) I am in the Tournament with a 2.0 entry! ill look foward to coming up against you if i get the chance!

Yup, looks great. 👍

Now, I'm sorry but I'm not forward to face you in the tournament, because I've seen your gallery... :scared:

Awesome work, mate! I still have to learn how to make the blur curve like you do, pretty nice shots.

Automobile: Volkswagon Beetle

Click For 860 x 705

I Havent Updated Forever! This one is Pretty boring, and nothing original. Clean-up job was the best i could come up with, being so out of practice. Below is the original shot, Enjoy 👍

Original:

Wow! You did some great cleanup work on this one funkshen. 👍 This beetle looks really nice now. It even looks faster as it actually is 'cause of the nice background blur. This is really a clean shot which deserves respect. 👍

- about that beer you were talking about when I'm near sidney for the next time I'll surely say yes. cheers

Really nice shot, and even the original looked good. Lovely blur and cleaning.

Love that shot Funk, the lighting and colour are superb and very nice amount of blur. Looks really clean too.
Good to see another shot from you and I hope we see more. 👍

Yeah, you really haven't updated forever! It's good to see an update from you once again Funk 👍

I really like this shot, especially the background and how its blurred 👍 The cleanup isn't as good as your previous updates though, maybe the Beetle doesn't like cleanup? Anyway, I've been wondering wether you use Photoshop or Paintshop Pro? Looking through some older works of you, you seem to nearly have mastered the corner blur technique and I was hoping someone had a clue how it's been done in Photoshop 👍

it has been a while. love the beetle shot mate! love the blur u applied to it too. hope it's not too long before you update again.

Freddy86: Wow thanks freddy!!, I appreciate that alot. This shot really deserved more time, but i lacked to give it the patience. And yes, most deffinetely will grab a beer. 👍

Rayquaza: Cheers bud, the orignial was horrible, what are you on about!! :lol: Thanks again!! 👍

Drift2XS: Thanks mate, It was good to get into it again, i need some major practice to keep up with the quality of this tourney!

Bram Turismo: Your always giving me compliments that are way to kind! And stop changing your name!! :lol: I struggle to keep up. It's true the clean-up could of been alot better, but meh. I am using photoshop CS 👍. And my corner blur method is horrible, honestly. It's all guess and check and alot of effort all for a rather sketchy outcome. Revolution is the man to see. He has all the skills. I was going to attempt corner blur on this one, but the contours of the road didn't allow it to look right. (Meaning rumble strip). Luckily when i applied the simple motion blur, it looked alright 👍

jgda9rs: It has been a while 👍, Thanks very much.

That's a good shot, Funk!
It's really great, the way you made a single straight motion blur look that good, and the car's cleaning is very good too, not beig overdone (in a good way), but very effective.
Only thing I find, looking at the original, is that you should've kept some red reflection on the door, and a bit more work on the headlights to make them a bit sharper.

Does Revolution explain anywhere how the corner blur is achieved? I want to do it so bad... :crazy:

Stop by my gallery if you have the time. :) (shameless advertising)

Very Good Point Beerzgood! I totally forgot about the headlights :dunce: And i must be blind, because i dont see any red on the door :( Thanks for comments though, appreciated as always.

I dont think Revolution has put up a tutorial. And i have a feeling he doesn't use photoshop... You guys should experiment yourselves, and see what you can come up with.

This was my Tournament Entry, A poor excuse for an update. But oh well.

Automobile: Nissan Skyline GTS-R R31
Click for 1200 x 731

👍​

oh my god!!!! I soooooooo love that shot mate! i believe it's one of the first entries i voted for. i love the colors and contrast on that photo. plus the composition as well. it's my current wallpaper right now! well done mate! and goodluck at the competitions!

I like you shot, Funkshen.

The only reason I didn't vote for it has to do with the car itself.
I know it's subjective (like ust about anything on an imagery contest), but I just couldn't get myself to like, like those colors on the hood, and the way the car is 'dangerously' close to the shot's edge.
On the other hand, I find the way you worked on the scenery just gorgeous. It looks almost real, and the tones agive it a sort of rustic mood that suits it perfectly.
Good luck to the rest of the tournament!

At first, I thought the M3 GTR pic was yours...But I'm impressed with this picture mate! I love the colours in it and it's cleaned very well. The only thing I could come up with is the loss of detail when going from thumb to full image. Do you use the Smart Sharpen Filter? I don't know really, some lines look rather un-sharp, do you have the sharpen tool in CS? I never used CS before so I don't really know which tools you have :indiff: Great job none the less Peter! 👍

Latest Posts

Back