|| Funkshens Photography || - Update - Tournament Entry - 8/4/07

• Thread starter Funkshen
  • 316 comments
Thanks Guys 👍

Original

Update: Volkswagon Beetle
Click For Full Size

This is the First time ive done something like this, i wanted a real metallic type feel, but couldn't achieve it. Ill have to settle with this, far from perfect. and not really happy with it, but too much work to not post it up.

what're u talking about ? that picture is awesome. i have to say the rest of the updates on the previous page are amazing as well!

I love it! Although it would look better if you just kept the black background without the rippple effect it's still a beauty 👍

It looks nice enough, but i really think that just cleaning up the original shot would have worked better. The ripple effect on your edit looks a bit strange, the reflection is at the wrong angle. The rear wheels and their reflection should meet!

I don't understand how you can take a picture with so many vertical reflections and things, and give it such horizontal flow. 👍

It looks nice enough, but i really think that just cleaning up the original shot would have worked better. The ripple effect on your edit looks a bit strange, the reflection is at the wrong angle. The rear wheels and their reflection should meet!

If the car was orginally on a flat surface when i took the shot, the rear wheels of the reflection would meet the rear wheels of the original shot. But considering the car was orginally on a slope, the perspective its in now is the right one. 👍 (that's enough reason to not do the reflection at all, but i did)

The ripple isn't right i know. it all comes with practice eh?.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Verry nice Funkshen 👍 you did a great job. I put my "Photostudio" project on hold for awhile because that take to much time. But i must say you did a great job on rendering your beetle, good job 👍

Update: Nissan Skyline DR30 RS-Turbo (Comp Entry)
Click For Full Size

Personally, i think this is one of my better ones. I did a crap load of clean-up. and im still not satisfied, but i lose interest and can't be bothered fixing it. I tried the motion blur pixel clean-up method, and am pretty impressed with the results. although in this application it doesn't show-case its potential (like franz's V35 for example). But meh.​

It's beautiful Funkshen, the blur is performed with excellent quality 👍

Only thing though, I think you've been a bit too rough on cleaning up the window reflections there, you might try and use a lens blur on those pieces 👍

Hey Funk, I did a try of what I said to you earlier, to be sure I'm not giving you any false hints:

Let me know what you make out of it, I've selected and added a lens blur on the biggest reflections on the window of the door 👍

Update: Honda NSX Type S
Click For Full Size

This one is really boring, the gallery needed an update... and this is about all my mind will produce. Un-inspired, and really struggling to produce something original and outstanding. sooo.. yeah.

P.S., the sky is horrid, any hints on what to do with the pixelated texture?

It's a clean-looking car though, subtle 'shopping. I don't think I've seen a shot quite like this at that location :)

As for the sky, use the polygonal lasso tool and select as much of it as you can without touching a tree. Ctrl + C then Ctrl + V to make it a seperate layer, Ctrl-Click this new layer in the layers menu (so the blur doesn't escape past onto the trees), then apply the neccessary gaussian blur to get rid of the pixelation. Make a few copies of the layer so the blur is a bit more full, and that should be all 👍

It looks good but a huge job is still to be done on this one...The colours and the composition all looks really good but you haven't cleaned up too much :D

About the sky, Slip's way is very time consuming so if you want a way to do it faster; Just roughly select the sky and apply either a lens, smart or shape blur 👍

It looks good but a huge job is still to be done on this one...The colours and the composition all looks really good but you haven't cleaned up too much :D

About the sky, Slip's way is very time consuming so if you want a way to do it faster; Just roughly select the sky and apply either a lens, smart or shape blur 👍

A huge job?, what exactly needs such a massive clean-up? Id say ive given this one a rather substantial clean-up. more then i did with the previous update. Though ill admitt i got a little messy with the blur tool.

I tried the lens blur, and too roughly select the sky it does not work. it becomes to obvious with the surrounding trees.

Slip: cheers mate, i always had the idea of guassian blur... i was hoping someone knew a quicker method, but it doesn't seem that way.

To be honest, I never take more than 2 or so minutes to do it. I just get close enough to the trees to grab all the obvious pixelation. If you miss tiny little bits, some more selective lasso-then-smudge use can clear it up :)

P.S. I'd usually use the magic wand, but due to the large colour variations, I don't know how effective that'd be. It probably wouldn't hurt to try it!

To be honest, I never take more than 2 or so minutes to do it. I just get close enough to the trees to grab all the obvious pixelation. If you miss tiny little bits, some more selective lasso-then-smudge use can clear it up :)

P.S. I'd usually use the magic wand, but due to the large colour variations, I don't know how effective that'd be. It probably wouldn't hurt to try it!

Thanks mate, ill give it a bearler later this evening, appreciate the advice 👍

Back