D. Quinn
C. Mueller
H. Laiho
U. Ortega
P. Oh
D. Scholz
U. Freeh
R. Marechal

Definitely, P. Oh and D. Quinn are the worst of the bunch. Anyone come across other silly AI names?

NOTE: This is not a negative on PD. The last names are real names with a randomized first letter. However, that combination can lead to some pretty funny names.

Last edited:
My first driver is a Mr P. Didier. Grabbed that, have only just now through this thread read that there are numerous humerous names ...am wondering if there was actualy Diddy last name. :)

Yeah, I saw some real gems using the name generator when you create a driver for B spec mode. I was hoping I could just name my driver Cole Trickle but sadly you can only use their pre-made names. Finally settled on E. Gutteirrez.

I don't see how those are cheesy, GT5 just happens to include a massive amount of real names from across the globe. The letter of the first name is randomized by the way, so if you see an amusing combination it wasn't necessarily intentional. See here:

2gvm2bm.jpg

As has been said, they are real names with a randomised first letter. If you see a famous name (e.g. Hamilton, Vettel, etc) - it is possible to get the full name eventually.
You will notice there are quite a few names from current F1, GP2, NASCAR, etc.

I need in on this..now:D,Let the scrolling begin.

So far I've found

C.Montgomery(Burns)
M(ichel)Salgado
F(ernando)Torres

But I went with I.Goh(quickly). :dopey:

And he did,one race one win 6 laps of the Autumn Ring Mini in a Golf R32 but not without a fight with a 2001 Primera.:)

Last edited:
I was flipping through names for my fourth driver last night and stumbled on A.Hunter...

Not necessarily unique, but I assembled this as A Hunter, and decked him out in hunter green racing attire...Kinda ironic...

trying out B-spec a bit and some of the names you can get for your AI can be pretty ridiculous.

Some examples :
J.Van Damme
F.Castro
F.Aguilar

Any one else get some funny ones?

Currently have J. Montoya in the stable and recall seeing J(ackie).Chan and K(obe).Bryant among many possibilities I've clicked through.

Back