Funny Pic Thread. (Episode VI: Return of the Laugh)

  • Thread starter Thread starter bergauk
  • 11,522 comments
  • 1,464,316 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not funny to them because they know what a real British-accent sounds like.
But what is a British accent?
 
But what is a British accent?

The language you people speak on that forsaken rock in the North Atlantic that some how passes for English.

:dopey:
 
Also.

rf3rf3.png

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's one of my better jokes, used many times before. I should point out it's not quite as effective with a scouse accent ;)
 
RE: Bacon/ Beer can


 
I was seriuosly just about to post that video earlier today. But I didn't.
still, everyone can laugh at it. :lol:!
edit: instead.......
http://baconorbeercan.com/
 
I get it, however I fail to see the funny in it.
 
The language you people speak on that forsaken rock in the North Atlantic that some how passes for English.

:dopey:
I think what daan is aiming at with his question is that there is no "British accent" as such, because Britain consists of more than England and the English accent. Just like there is no American accent as such. Many non-Americans would argue that an "American accent" sounds Texan, but I'm sure that the majority of Americans would not like that as well.
 
What is a "British" accent? :confused:
Yeah, I had trouble finding the accent for Beer Can as well, I can do my dodgy accent for England pretty well but just what does beer can sound like? I have no idea.
 
Yeah, I had trouble finding the accent for Beer Can as well, I can do my dodgy accent for England pretty well but just what does beer can sound like? I have no idea.
Well, it pretty much sounds like a Jamaican saying "bacon". :dopey:
 
Well, it pretty much sounds like a Jamaican saying "bacon". :dopey:

Shame I dont really know what that sounds like either, I live in Australia, just Indians and Asians :/.
 
Shame I dont really know what that sounds like either, I live in Australia, just Indians and Asians :/.

Don't you have TV or cinema?

;)
 
Last edited:
I've known that bacon one since I was about 8. I think most British people will have.
 
Don't you have TV or cinema?

;)
Yeah but I cant think of it off the top of my head, I am having a bit of a blank :dopey:.
 
Top Gear, perhaps?

Probably more northern than the boys though.
 
Well, that and the fact there's no such thing as "a" British accent. There's about 800 of them, and they have a remarkable spread.
 
But what is a British accent?

I don't know; you guys don't seem to have any trouble assuming that there is a single "American" accent. We don't all live in Texas.
 
I don't know; you guys don't seem to have any trouble assuming that there is a single "American" accent. We don't all live in Texas.
So you're saying that all Americans don't sound like Sheriff Buford T Justice then?
 
Well i do speak english much better than i wright:dunce:! I learned it in school, but mainly by myself, because when i was a kid and when watching TV, i missed all the movies by spending all the time reading the subtitles :lol:, so i did learned mostly by myself. So when i have conversations with Americans (at work), they ask if i ever lived in the USA and in California:) (LA)! I always say i learned it from the movies, and of corse, they start laughing:)!

So i always thought the most "correct American accent" was from LA or NYC... either way i dont think the correct is from Texas!

Of corse the original and correct english is from England, in my opinion! We have the same thing between Portugal and Brazil! They learned it from us too ;) (as all the other countries that speak portuguese)! My language is derived from Latim so we are the original:D! If other countries learned the wrong way... Well the jokes on them;)!
 
Last edited:
We don't y'all live in Texas.

:D

(incidentally, I hate the "you're typing in all uppercase" sensor)
 
Last edited:
I don't know; you guys don't seem to have any trouble assuming that there is a single "American" accent. We don't all live in Texas.

Our variations are far fewer than the Old World's. And I am half deaf to southern accents because my father was from Texas.

Well, that and the fact there's no such thing as "a" British accent. There's about 800 of them, and they have a remarkable spread.

Yeah, I always find that a touch amusing how you guys can place each other of your accents. How did y'all (correct usage, unlike your edit of Duke :p ) develop such a spread in the spoken language there anyhow?

Well i do speak english much better than i wright:dunce:! I learned it in school, but mainly by myself, because when i was a kid and when watching TV, i missed all the movies by spending all the time reading the subtitles :lol:, so i did learned mostly by myself. So when i have conversations with Americans (at work), they ask if i ever lived in the USA and in California:) (LA)! I always say i learned it from the movies, and of corse, they start laughing:)!

So i always thought the most "correct American accent" was from LA or NYC... either way i dont think the correct is from Texas!

Of corse the original and correct english is from England, in my opinion! We have the same thing between Portugal and Brazil! They learned it from us too ;) (as all the other countries that speak portuguese)! My language is derived from Latim so we are the original:D! If other countries learned the wrong way... Well the jokes on them;)!

"write"

The New Yorker accent is hardly the typical American. As far as following the correct rules of pronunciation, the Western flat accent that is found out on the West coast is the most accurate representation of spoken English. What they speak on that rock in the Atlantic is a butchering of sounds and, often, spelling :sly:
 
I know there are a couple typophiles on here that might crack a smile:

alisoncarmichael.jpg
 
Dont get it^^
 
Photoshop or actual dirt graffiti?

Either way, got a smile out of me. :)

Dont get it^^

You have to a typography nerd to find it amusing. Or into design or photography.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back