Funny Pic Thread. (Episode VI: Return of the Laugh)

  • Thread starter Thread starter bergauk
  • 11,522 comments
  • 1,461,860 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Remind me to ask for it Amsterdam style off you then if the opportunity ever arises...tapping that is!
 
We just need Spy to chip in now :D

I completely agree that a beer with no head is pretty rubbish but when we went into an Irish pub (I know, typical Brit abroad) the barman asked us if we wanted it poured Amsterdam spatula style or English tilt style. Both resulted in the same head thickness and I can't remember tasting a difference but I guess that could be accounted to drinking Amsterdam beer in Amsterdam! I do remember wishing it was much closer to bed time when I stumbled out into the blinding light of a bracing January day!

Please don't tell me you ordered a Heineken at an Irish pub :scared:

Beers like Heineken should be banned from the face of the Earth. Too bad Dutch people are so proud of it purely because of its popularity and not its quality :p
 
Please don't tell me you ordered a Heineken at an Irish pub :scared:

Beers like Heineken should be banned from the face of the Earth. Too bad Dutch people are so proud of it purely because of its popularity and not its quality :p

So true. I won't buy it, unless I'm already drunk and don't care anymore. :sly:
 
Please don't tell me you ordered a Heineken at an Irish pub :scared:

Beers like Heineken should be banned from the face of the Earth. Too bad Dutch people are so proud of it purely because of its popularity and not its quality :p

I'll be totally honest and say I don't remember what the beer was and we did feel guilty going into an Irish pub in Amsterdam but they had the Liverpool game on and it was cold outside. Lager of choice is always Peroni but I do like Amstel, what should I be looking out for?
 
No one even drinks Fosters here...

I blame The Simpsons.
Why blame The Simpsons? Blame Fosters. It's their ads.

 
And Mick Dundee! I blame him for anything Austrailian I see over here in Canada.
 
Why blame The Simpsons? Blame Fosters. It's their ads.

[YO-UTUBE]lOvh4ShxtSE[/media]

I've actually never seen that ad before :crazy: No one here drinks the stuff




Some good beer ads




And Mick Dundee! I blame him for anything Austrailian I see over here in Canada.




Croc Dundee aka Paul Hogan is liked here 👍
 
MORE PICTURES!

2rztier.png
 
Why blame The Simpsons? Blame Fosters. It's their ads.




:lol:


but really you wouldn't even know Fosters exists over here, I guess it is jusy a export thing.
 
Jay
:lol:


but really you wouldn't even know Fosters exists over here, I guess it is jusy a export thing.

Every Aussie I've ever met says pretty much the same: Fosters is crap. I've heard that XXXX is pretty good, though.

Related, and applicable to anything brewed by Anheuser, Miller or Coors:
Offensive language warning.
 
I'll be totally honest and say I don't remember what the beer was and we did feel guilty going into an Irish pub in Amsterdam but they had the Liverpool game on and it was cold outside. Lager of choice is always Peroni but I do like Amstel, what should I be looking out for?

You should be looking for anything that isn't Carlsberg or Heineken :p

In all seriousness, though, I'm a huge fan of dark beers. But in general I think Belgian beers are awesome. I think they also offer Corona, a Mexican beer, everywhere. Everyone seems to love it, but I'm not a fan of it.

I can't really say what you should be looking for, but if you spot some Belgian beers you definitely want to try those; Grimbergen, Kasteelbier, Chimay, Kriek, Hoegaarden, Duvel etc. Just give the bartender a shout "Gimme a Belgian beer laddy!" :lol:

Just keep in mind that Duvel and Kasteelbier donker are quite heavy beers, so go easy on them ;)
 
You should be looking for anything that isn't Carlsberg or Heineken :p

In all seriousness, though, I'm a huge fan of dark beers. But in general I think Belgian beers are awesome. I think they also offer Corona, a Mexican beer, everywhere. Everyone seems to love it, but I'm not a fan of it.

I can't really say what you should be looking for, but if you spot some Belgian beers you definitely want to try those; Grimbergen, Kasteelbier, Chimay, Kriek, Hoegaarden, Duvel etc. Just give the bartender a shout "Gimme a Belgian beer laddy!" :lol:

Just keep in mind that Duvel and Kasteelbier donker are quite heavy beers, so go easy on them ;)

I meant what Dutch beers really but I'm more than happy to be pointed in the direction of any good beers. I'm not a fan of Corona or Sol, that fact that it tastes like pish without the lime says it all!

I love Belgian beers but mostly stick to Leffe (light and dark) and Duvel although as you say a night on the later will end in tears. I'll keep an eye out for the others you've mentioned :cheers:



and before anyone moans about of topic, where's the funny ;)

tumblr_lailvz5MQB1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg
 
Don't you jumping kangas drink a lot of VB? We had a load given to us by VB at the cricket club last year (to sell), it was damn popular even if it was in a poofy sized tinny.
 
Don't you jumping kangas drink a lot of VB? We had a load given to us by VB at the cricket club last year (to sell), it was damn popular even if it was in a poofy sized tinny.

Yeah Victorians love the..... stuff


westie.jpg
 
Jay, Didn't you mean to post that picture here?

Nice tat btw,
 
1230.jpg

1225.jpg


Aren't you guys going a bit off-topic with the beer discussion?
 
Jay, Didn't you mean to post that picture here?

Nice tat btw,

Well, I'm luckly not Victorian, it's actually the true picture of Casio. We all know how mych he likes his Holden one tonners.

Aren't you guys going a bit off-topic with the beer discussion?

I thought the picture I posted was rather funny. :)
 
1230.jpg

Aren't you guys going a bit off-topic with the beer discussion?

So, did he tell his wife?



















































75378-TrollFace.png
 
*sigh*
 
I'll join you in that sigh, Neal.
 
Did he just do that... I mean.. did that really just happen?
 
vertical-batman-me-neither.jpg


vertical-fast-furious-diesel.jpg


vertical-banana-phone.jpg
 
TB
He no longer deserves the privilege to use the name Simon Boris Squishy. I'd be willing to replace that with wanna/b/tard, instead.
Trollface came from /v/, rookie.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back