Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 50,236 comments
  • 5,818,733 views
401042_351358111542999_305656109446533_1458134_1170750329_n.jpg

:lol:

This one is good 👍
 
Did you just call me a boob? :p
 
fcritalin.gif
 
Edit: Ignore.
 
Have we had this one yet, TB?

koma-comic-strip-yes-quite.jpg
 
So deep and profound.

259iqfl.jpg


1038sie.jpg


33yg60x.png


2qw3h8o.png
 
Last edited:
Because dance music/dub is all about the lyrics, right? Just like classical symphonies are...

Except it requires skill and talent to write a symphony.
 
^ Re-post.
Could one of the german members translate this and do the same fonts in German. For some reason the kid reminds of the person on those kinder chocolates.
 
Last edited:
Congrats on calling something a Repost and then reposting a picture yourself, even if you did ask a question. 👍
 
^ Re-post.

Could one of the german members translate this and do the same fonts in German. For some reason the kid reminds of the person on those kinder chocolates.

I'll do once I'm home.
 
Ahem, ^re-post aswell terminator, or were you just reposting that to ask someone to repost that in german? Hmm
 
Except it requires skill and talent to write a symphony.

It requires skill and talent to use electronic equipment to create good quality music. There are hundreds of thousands of people who try and fail (just look at YouTube) so it can't be that easy. Certainly not as easy as you are making out.

It's clear to me that you haven't ever attempted to create a mix, let alone tried to use a deck and mixer, and are just assuming that you stand on stage and hit the play button. Making a quality track takes hundreds of hours of painstaking attention to detail, just as a symphony does. A deck and mixer is no different to an electric guitar and effects pedal... it's still an instrument, except that a deck and mixer is way more complicated to use (and I can say this for certain as I play multiple instruments, and have used numerous bits of electronic kit).

I really don't understand why you need to hate on other music. I don't like the majority of modern pop, but I don't spend my time hating on it. My friends don't hate on me because one minute i'll be playing metal, then classical, then spiritual, then house, etc. Stop acting like a little kid and tolerate the things that you don't like like an adult.
 
Last edited:
It requires skill and talent to use electronic equipment to create good quality music. There are hundreds of thousands of people who try and fail (just look at YouTube) so it can't be that easy. Certainly not as easy as you are making out.

It's clear to me that you haven't ever attempted to create a mix, let alone tried to use a deck and mixer, and are just assuming that you stand on stage and hit the play button. Making a quality track takes hundreds of hours of painstaking attention to detail, just as a symphony does. A deck and mixer is no different to an electric guitar and effects pedal... it's still an instrument, except that a deck and mixer is way more complicated to use (and I can say this for certain as I play multiple instruments, and have used numerous bits of electronic kit).

I really don't understand why you need to hate on other music. I don't like the majority of modern pop, but I don't spend my time hating on it. My friends don't hate on me because one minute i'll be playing metal, then classical, then spiritual, then house, etc. Stop acting like a little kid and tolerate the things that you don't like like an adult.

I wouldn't say I hate on other music, I just share a common opinion on this forum that in this day and age, it's the artists that don't write their own music, or use auto-tune whenever possible or whatever that receive praise where they shouldn't. You cannot compare Dubstep to a Symphony. Dubstep is purely an electronic way of making as much bass as is possible, virtually no emotional depth. I am aware that Mixers are complex pieces of kit, but the music is so transparent. Symphonic writing takes months to do because one must find music for over 50 players for at least 45 minutes, it is purely acoustic and has a huge emotional depth.

I'm not entirely opposed to electronic music. I may not like Skrillex but I am a huge fan of Daft Punk and Basement Jaxx for example. But Dubstep is basically just noise. Music (Mainstream music at least) has been plummeting downhill for the past 20 years.
 
Back