Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 50,236 comments
  • 5,818,648 views
Bad ad placement!

 
QVRIm.jpg

jQvGF.png

GP5Sj.jpg
 
England started it... that's not our fault.
 
Soccer here in Australia too.
 
The football one is because America took rugby made the players wear helmets and called it American Football so they have to call normal football something else.
 
Or the Icelandic knattspyrna.

There are plenty of languages which use their own words for association football and not the calque 'football'; voetball, futbal, fussball and so on...
 
Fußball = German for association football. Fuß + ball. How literal.

What you posted is known in places like the UK as table football.
 
Or as we call it here in Portugal, matraquilhos. :D
 
Oh, and foosball/Fußball takes a German word stemming from the English word football, but the German name for table football is 'Kicker'.

Madness.
 
I feel like I've seen some Pshop'd versions of this first photo on here before but I don't recall seeing any of the other ones... so here you go.

K6qno.jpg



Also

ZAPYK.png


Oh and remember that photo of the bear falling out of a tree I posted a few pages ago? yeah

Sio0D.jpg
 
Last edited:
Fußball = German for association football. Fuß + ball. How literal.

What you posted is known in places like the UK as table football.

I call it Foosball :D We have one in our staff room at work.
 
England started it... that's not our fault.

Maybe if America invaded one-quarter of the world, converted their beliefs, changed their language, denied their currency, forced them to pay taxes to their demigod, then perhaps America could be as great as England in the World Cup.

💡
 
And this is the part where I (sorta) save the thread:


army_soldier-12931.jpg


internet-memes-i-know-dat-feel.jpg


internet-memes-moses.jpg
 
Last edited:
christianity-catholic-church-religion-christ-bishop-priest-demotivational-poster-1229802391.jpg

slippery_when_wet.jpg

534839_3788435280296_1559506258_33200195_1223491835_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
I wonder how many people are going to report that :lol:

ULxcd.jpg


Lldoq.jpg
 
Last edited:
:lol:

Oh, and foosball/Fußball takes a German word stemming from the English word football, but the German name for table football is 'Kicker'.

Madness.

"Kicker" only because of a suisse manufacturer, the real term is "Tischfußball".
 
I've got 1 thing to say, against Darren. Buy a real doll. :lol:
 
581617_369461909756149_130940650274944_899710_696249959_n.jpg
 
Back