Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 50,234 comments
  • 5,818,165 views
6637.jpg

6594.png

6593.png

6575.jpg

6523.png

6501.png

6469.jpg

6505.png
 
haha, very cute. My wife actaully went "awwww"
 
TB
One of the perks of being a parent. :D

Warning, though - they don't like it when they're too big to ride in the cart so they hold on to the sides and walk but you still cartdrift. :sick:

Whenever I get forced to go grocery shopping with my mom and 12 year old brother, he stands on the front of the cart and i drift everywhere. Makes it actually pretty fun.
 
I used to "pop wheelies" with my little sister in the car when I was younger. Then one day my mom found me laying on the ground, holding the cart up from crushing me, with my sister still in it. I wasn't allowed to push the cart anymore after that.
 
I used to "pop wheelies" with my little sister in the car when I was younger. Then one day my mom found me laying on the ground, holding the cart up from crushing me, with my sister still in it. I wasn't allowed to push the cart anymore after that.
:lol:
Best way to get around chores: Provide proof that you're too incompetent to do them. Works all the time.
 
Love the 50 Cent joke, these "not all that funny dad" comics are hilarious. :lol:
 

Not a true story. You can't use a pencil - a graphite pencil - in an enclosed, zero-gravity environment sensitive to electrical shorting.
 
From wikipedia:
A common urban legend states that, faced with the fact that ball-point pens will not write in zero-gravity, NASA spent a large amount of money to develop a pen that would write in the conditions experienced during spaceflight (the result purportedly being the Fisher Space Pen), while the Soviet Union took the simpler (and cheaper) route of just using pencils.[1] This story is in fact false, as the development of the Fisher Space Pen was done independently of NASA, using private funds, and only sold to NASA (and the Soviet Union) after it was completed.

Russian cosmonauts used pencils, and grease pencils on plastic slates until also adopting a space pen in 1969 with a purchase of 100 units for use on all future missions.[2] NASA programs previously used pencils (for example a 1965 order of mechanical pencils[3]) but because of the substantial dangers that broken-off pencil tips and graphite dust pose in zero gravity to electronics and the flammable nature of the wood present in pencils[3] a better solution was needed. NASA never approached Paul Fisher to develop a pen, nor did Fisher receive any government funding for the pen's development. Fisher invented it independently, and then asked NASA to try it. After the introduction of the AG7 Space Pen, both the American and Soviet (later Russian) space agencies adopted it.
 
Unfortunately the 30 years' progress image should have an empty runway as the later picture . . . . .
 
:lol:
Best way to get around chores: Provide proof that you're too incompetent to do them. Works all the time.

It's not just for chores. That thinking works for most everything in life. I do it at work all the time.
 
Not a true story. You can't use a pencil - a graphite pencil - in an enclosed, zero-gravity environment sensitive to electrical shorting.

I remember posting up a picture similar to that one, and you saying that very same thing. True, graphite will kill the electrical equipment, but being 50 years ago when we first went to space, pencils were still mostly lead, right? Is lead also deadly to electrical equipment? If not, there might actually be some truth to this myth, the amount of money stated far too high though.
 
I heard somewhere that a ball point pen will work in zero g. It doesn't work upside down because the ink moves away from the ball but that doesn't happen in zero g. Don't know if it's true or not though!
 
I remember posting up a picture similar to that one, and you saying that very same thing. True, graphite will kill the electrical equipment, but being 50 years ago when we first went to space, pencils were still mostly lead, right? Is lead also deadly to electrical equipment? If not, there might actually be some truth to this myth, the amount of money stated far too high though.

No lead pencils are not lead:

http://www.officemuseum.com/pencil_history.htm



Early Office Museum

1893_Dixon_Cover.jpg
1893


History of the Lead Pencil

Lead pencils, of course, contain no lead. The writing medium is graphite, a form of carbon. Writing instruments made from sticks cut from high quality natural graphite mined at Cumberland in England and wrapped in string or inserted in wooden tubes came into use around 1560.
 
After all the "space pen" talk, there's an advert for it at the bottom of the screen.

Edit: @ Hologram. I can't see the funny side to those pictures other than the fact that the second guy looks like Rob Halford.
 
Last edited:
Not a true story. You can't use a pencil - a graphite pencil - in an enclosed, zero-gravity environment sensitive to electrical shorting.

Definitely not true. I actually own a space pen.

Now if I could only find the durn thing...
 
Definitely not true. I actually own a space pen.

Now if I could only find the durn thing...

+1 Every time I find mine, it get used for a week or so then gets lost for a couple of months. It's a vicious cycle.
 
^:lol:, That's exactly what my cat does.

memes-like-taylor.jpg
 
Last edited:
Who is that chick? She's tasty.:drool:
 
Back