Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 50,234 comments
  • 5,818,220 views
Om_nom_nom_nom_snake.jpg

WE-NEED-TO-GO-DEEPER.jpg

Leo says it all, really.
 
I never wonder why some members of our site have problems with the opposite sex.
 
I never wonder why some members of our site have problems with the opposite sex.

It wouldn't be a problem if she just did what she's told.
 
Haha that Batman equation is awesome, I'm gonna have to try that sometime.

I was messing around with the MGS4 camera and thought these were kinda funny... right?!

middleeastmillenniumpar.jpg

middleeastmillenniumparj.jpg
 
Haha that Batman equation is awesome, I'm gonna have to try that sometime.

I was messing around with the MGS4 camera and thought these were kinda funny... right?!

middleeastmillenniumpar.jpg

middleeastmillenniumparj.jpg

Haha they are!
 
I must not watch enough batman and I'm that terrible at math because I don't understand it at all :crazy:
 
I must not watch enough batman and I'm that terrible at math because I don't understand it at all :crazy:
I don't either, don't worry. I don't really think you're meant to understand it to be honest. ;)
 
I must not watch enough batman and I'm that terrible at math because I don't understand it at all :crazy:

You're more of a philosopher anyway, so don't worry.
 
^Math is for those whose logic is both great and mundane at the same time.
 
gears2.jpg


Do you really have to quote the picture you're laughing at? Why do we all have to see it twice? Just knock a "/" off the IMG tags or change it to say *BATMAN CALCULATION PIC* or something.
 
^ Speaking of which, his latest State of the Web is funny, as usual:

microsoft.jpg
 
I don't either, don't worry. I don't really think you're meant to understand it to be honest. ;)

It's a graphing equation. For every value of x, you get a certain value of y. You graph both on a coordinate system. Simple one would be: "x-y=0"... which would give you a diagonal line going from 0,0 (1,1 2,2 3,3 4,4 5,5...) up to infinity on one side and down on the opposite side.

The fun trick is to create a complex equation that would exactly result in a Batman logo... wish I had a graphing calculator handy.
 

The fun trick is to create a complex equation that would exactly result in a Batman logo... wish I had a graphing calculator handy.

Can someone solve for y so I can input it? :dopey:
 
Do you have a ream of scratch paper and a few hours to spare? No? No thanks...
 
My maths isn't that great but wouldn't it be possible to plot a graph in the configuration one wanted and the reverse the coordinates into an equation?
 
It's a graphing equation. For every value of x, you get a certain value of y. You graph both on a coordinate system. Simple one would be: "x-y=0"... which would give you a diagonal line going from 0,0 (1,1 2,2 3,3 4,4 5,5...) up to infinity on one side and down on the opposite side.

The fun trick is to create a complex equation that would exactly result in a Batman logo... wish I had a graphing calculator handy.

In wolfram or derive you could do it, and I actually attempted to do something better, but I don't find the appropriate scale.
 
Back