Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 50,235 comments
  • 5,818,601 views
480265_536770999677249_1934941793_n.jpg
 
Why would they do that? In fact, iPads have become a pilot's best friend for navigation and information purposes. I use my phone as a navigation supplement while I'm flying. If these GPS-enabled devices were banned it would plunge us into the dark ages of ground-based navigation, which we can do, besides the fact that they're all being phased out in favor of GPS.

/whysoserious


While I totally agree about these devices not being banned and even the FAA is embracing them to help with making paperless and more data dynamic cockpits they really have little to do with ground based navigation devices which are (besides the real ancient ones like NDB's which are being phased out) are really not going anywhere, not for a very long time. For the moment the GPS is really just supplimenting the aircrafts old navigation systems (IRS with gyros and ground navaid triangulation) and have been for a quite a while now but not phasing them out. Even Boeing recently put out a warning for the use of IAN coupled approaches as it has shown inaccuracies in vertical nav and the papi should be used as confirmation, ground based ILS is still proving much more accurate as is still the only rated "precision" approach.

If the devices were banned (wont be) it would just set pilots back to paper and be a huge shame but the GPS systems of the aircraft (intergrated or a garmin type external device for small aircraft) wont change. Hell, many larger aircraft still have the electronic flight bag, which phased out paper years ago.


/unfunny
 
So are they forced to turn such devices off during takeoff/landing just like the passengers? :odd:
 
Errrrrm, you guys do understand it's just a joke? Don't you?

Also it probably just meant about mobile phones. Meaning making calls whilst driving (flying).
 
So are they forced to turn such devices off during takeoff/landing just like the passengers? :odd:

No, cause they're using them in aid, that's where their charts are stored. You know the passengers can put their device into airplane mode and keep it on.
 
Jay
No, cause they're using them in aid, that's where their charts are stored. You know the passengers can put their device into airplane mode and keep it on.

That depends on the airline. The last couple I've been on have told everyone to not keep their devices on airplane mode even. We were supposed to shut them completely off.
 
That depends on the airline. The last couple I've been on have told everyone to not keep their devices on airplane mode even. We were supposed to shut them completely off.

I've had a couple trips the same way.

Also: I see you're from Olathe, I was born & grew up in Grand Junction. :)👍
 
R1600Turbo
I've had a couple trips the same way.

Also: I see you're from Olathe, I was born & grew up in Grand Junction. :)👍

Yes sir.:) I moved here about 6 years ago now. Me and some friends were just up at Powderhorn last weekend. Fun times.
 
Yeah I miss that area. Probably going back when my apartment lease is up. A friend offered me a job and I just might take it.
 
You know there's actually such a thing as "sand engineering", right? Its called Sedimentation/coastal engineering.

That's not a colloquial discipline as far as I'm concerned.
 
Never has a pic made me put more thought into it then this one just did :lol:
 
^Yes, all those things fit in me pocket.

About the life narration above, Morgan Freeman for sure. :sly:

EDIT: Sorry about that Racedude, lol. I thought of not being a Grammar Nazi, right after posting. :p
 
Last edited:
Arr. Those nineties scoundrels sure be havin' ter' magic drawings on ter' witchcraft boxes, but I can swag all them things into me pocket.

ARR!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

EDIT: And then I'm left without a reason for the above. :grumpy:
 
Last edited:
redacted
 
Last edited:
http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/17722653.jpg
 

1 - Sleep with the models.
2 - Be invisible.
3 - Cheeto-fingers. Tasty, and I guess you could wear gloves.
4 - Sit naked in the room.
5 - Wipe with Saran wrap. It's not that bad.
6 - Smell a fart all day.
7 - Shut my hands in doors. Not that I open many to be honest.
8 - Morgan Freeman. "Otherwise, shoot this 🤬!"
9 - Watch with my parents. Otherwise, I would be scarred for life.
 
1 - Sleep with the models.
2 - Be invisible.
3 - Cheeto-fingers. Tasty, and I guess you could wear gloves.
4 - Sit naked in the room.
5 - Wipe with Saran wrap. It's not that bad.
6 - Smell a fart all day.
7 - Shut my hands in doors. Not that I open many to be honest.
8 - Morgan Freeman. "Otherwise, shoot this 🤬!"
9 - Watch with my parents. Otherwise, I would be scarred for life.

Pretty much this.


But you're confidence that saran wrap isn't that bad to wipe with has me concerned.:scared:
 
Nixon's famous visit to SPECTRE.

Nixon_Blofeld_1972-02-29.jpg
 
But your own farts smell lovely.

Exactly, I kind wish sometimes that I could smell my own fart all day, there ace!

Off topic, top gear has just started.
 
Back