Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 50,234 comments
  • 5,818,269 views
Employee told me he couldn't get to work because he had a flat tire. This is the picture he texted me.

Apart from the painfully obvious copyright notice, I bet that isn't the same type of car said employee has.
 
Mind you I copied that text because it was not in the image.
 
It's from a site where mechanics post up the unbelieveable crap people turn up with, oblivious to the incredible danger they've put themselves in.

What's the name of the site?
 
Ahh, there's a few, but the most easily accessible is probably the "Justrolledintotheshop" subreddit.
 
As a mechanic of 15 years, it's frightening how many times I've seen that...

+1 I worked at a autoparts shop for 4 years that turned rotors and we used to get tons of super thin soild rotors and vented ones down to the fins.
 
Don't they look a bit thin?

Ah. This appears to be true.
Lbrmb6a.jpg
 
The shock mounting, driveshaft gaiter & bushes don't look too good either, looks like they're all caked in rust and other crap. Wheelbearings are probably knackered too looking at the state of everything else.
 
Solid brake discs are nearly an inch thick. (Ventilated ones are thicker) They wear down maybe 1/32 of an inch every hundred thousand miles. (I am completely making up these numbers, but they should help you visualize).

Now figure out how stupid or bad a driver you have to be to wear them down to almost nothing?

Surely in this time, you would have had pads replaced a number of times? or else with that kind of wear you would literally have nothing to brake with... so surely somewhere there must be some ass-brained mechanic that didn't notice?

.. I had totally brake failure once, discovered it at about 60mph on the dual carriageway from Camborne edit Redruth. Popped master cylinder.

edit 2: I am so tired. English is poor what isn't it.
 
^ You're assuming that a mechanic ever saw it...
 
TB
^ You're assuming that a mechanic ever saw it...

Yep could have been done by a "shadetree mechanic" IE the owner.
 
1395807_10151791406534543_1695618613_n.jpg
 
@Slash, BEST DAY IN THE GYM EVER

Is that the Hamster, sitting in the middle?
 
^^^Bottom one is epic!
 
-> Big dump!!!...

1395961_585665954822517_188319806_n.jpg


1383779_587301714658941_56127574_n.jpg


429164_308517139204068_1481066133_n.jpg


1376396_586933561362423_1218517701_n.jpg


1393166_584407024948410_1238456927_n.jpg


1377525_584723398250106_1224647802_n.jpg


1378349_584874631568316_467183494_n.jpg


1394037_10151646914486767_567391402_n.png


hE43EB7F1


995225_662921527085266_1023034842_n.jpg


1382338_585882234800889_581873079_n.jpg


1376419_587126284676484_722294454_n.jpg


1379970_585802928142153_836870820_n.jpg


1384196_585781491477630_579077687_n.jpg


:)
 
Last edited:
b90bdb6098037154382d4d9a959d505a.jpg


Now that really grinds my gears.
 
The worst is accidentaly slamming on the brakes when attempting to gear down, making everyone fly to the windscreen
 
oYzgaWk.png


Stupid girl thought laying on the railroad bridge would be funny.

1UDiD0O.png
 
I don't think I'll see a better picture than that Mclaren for the rest of the year.
 
I recently observed the crime-ravaged Vancouver suburb area.


jNEihh7bVZxNS.jpg


jGOmBbxYDX9M9.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back