Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 50,236 comments
  • 5,819,143 views
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
Well at least they were not asking for tree fiddy.
Where is the Americanisms thread when I need it!?
Sushi is hard if you don't have a strong grip with the chopsticks. Although stabbing it is one way to get thrown out in Japan.
Also it is actually a finger food. It is eaten with chopsticks by a lot of people but some of the top sushi bars will suggest you use your fingers. Sashimi on the other hand is strictly chopsticks. http://travel.cnn.com/tokyo/eat/michelin-starred-master-tells-us-how-eat-sushi-203135
Why is everyone commenting on my pictures?! D:
 
There are a ton of similar ones I could find. It's stupid that they think they're selling a product like this.
 

If you look at that picture, you'll see the actor whose character is a 96-year-old super soldier, who got froze in an icy zone - after a plane crash, while fighting against a bad guy with a red skull - and got his senses back.

...

Captain 'Murica!


(And he's also the Human Torch from the Fantastic Four's Films)
 
Last edited:
Sushi is hard if you don't have a strong grip with the chopsticks. Although stabbing it is one way to get thrown out in Japan.
Also it is actually a finger food. It is eaten with chopsticks by a lot of people but some of the top sushi bars will suggest you use your fingers. Sashimi on the other hand is strictly chopsticks. http://travel.cnn.com/tokyo/eat/michelin-starred-master-tells-us-how-eat-sushi-203135

I actually find that gripping the chopsticks with a "strong grip" just makes the food and the chopsticks go everywhere.

Just grip the chopsticks firmly but relaxed and everything's pretty easy. Its also a physics exercise with angles when it comes to transferring the food from the plate to the mouth. It still takes some time to get used to using it, but then, when you were a kid, it took ages to master using a knife and a fork!
 
I actually find that gripping the chopsticks with a "strong grip" just makes the food and the chopsticks go everywhere.

Just grip the chopsticks firmly but relaxed and everything's pretty easy. Its also a physics exercise with angles when it comes to transferring the food from the plate to the mouth. It still takes some time to get used to using it, but then, when you were a kid, it took ages to master using a knife and a fork!
No not grip the chopsticks strongly. Grip the sushi strong with the chopsticks. Not too much though or it becomes a rice bomb.
 
No not grip the chopsticks strongly. Grip the sushi strong with the chopsticks. Not too much though or it becomes a rice bomb.
I just stab it and eat it. I'm hungry. I'm not going to sit there for a half hour 🤬 around with it to get a piece of rice in my mouth.
 
I just stab it and eat it. I'm hungry. I'm not going to sit there for a half hour 🤬 around with it to get a piece of rice in my mouth.
You know in Japan that is one of the rudest things you can do whilst eating?
 
You know in Japan that is one of the rudest things you can do whilst eating?

I'm American. While I respect their customs and whatnot, if I'm hungry, I'm going to eat how I want to eat. Like I said, I'm not going to sit there and fart around with it. I eat, I get up, I leave. Not sit there and play with my food. I got yelled at for that as a youngling. I don't have time or any interest to sit there and learn to pick up a piece of slippery food with a couple of sticks.
 
I'm American. While I respect their customs and whatnot, if I'm hungry, I'm going to eat how I want to eat. Like I said, I'm not going to sit there and fart around with it. I eat, I get up, I leave. Not sit there and play with my food. I got yelled at for that as a youngling. I don't have time or any interest to sit there and learn to pick up a piece of slippery food with a couple of sticks.
It is still a sushi restaurant. You may live in America and although you might not be thrown out like you would in Japan I bet you would get some strange looks.
You may use your fingers like I said, also some western restaurants do these things which are two sticks on a hinge which are much easier.
 
Chopsticks + hot pot quail eggs = frustration. Even peanuts aren't as difficult.
 
Chopsticks + hot pot quail eggs = frustration. Even peanuts aren't as difficult.

That is an exercise in frustration! I just normally end up using a spoon that they provide for that and just eating it as I scoop it up (if they provide it, that is!)

Gotta be damn quick for those!
 
Back