G27/G25/(DFGT?) - Undocumented wheel lock settings - Guide

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 275 comments
what is this refresh edition you speak of? I doubt the functionality would be dropped though. My wheel is less than two years old and it works on that.

BTW, Sticky this thread please!!!

Ok, I went a diggin, and found some info in the refresh edition. Not even sure that this "refresh" has made it to the states yet. Anyway, from what I've read, I don't think it will be an issue.

Will you test it next week ?

Yes, I will test and report back here on the result by next week. I currently use a Logitech DF Pro with it's 200 degree lock on many cars. I have been in and out of the Hardware Forums here for 2 years trying to locate a more modern wheel that has a similar feature. This will be a HUGE step for me if it works as posted here!

g27comp.jpg
g27comp2.jpg

According to Frex (http://www.frex.com/gp/), these are the differences between the old and new version.
Which one you have ?

I got my G27 over a year ago, these hidden options don't seem to work for me in GT6. I've tried in game, in menu, unplugging and replugging in my g27 while in game, still nothing.

:grumpy:

EDIT: It does work, and I seem to have forgotten to update this post. I was so used to strong FFB I never noticed the difference until further testing.

Last edited:
I got mine this time last year and they work on mine. Sometimes you have to hit the button presses 2-3 times to get it to take. It seems it loses it sometimes too and has to be redone. That just could be my crappy driving though.

This tip work well with the G25 on GT6
(that help a lot on the first IA license (slalom) ) 👍

I must say that this helped a lot with my G27 in iRacing since the wheel automatically defaults to 200 degrees on initial start up using the 660 degree setting makes it a lot less twitchy.

Yes, I will test and report back here on the result by next week. I currently use a Logitech DF Pro with it's 200 degree lock on many cars. I have been in and out of the Hardware Forums here for 2 years trying to locate a more modern wheel that has a similar feature. This will be a HUGE step for me if it works as posted here!

Did you test it ?

Awesome! Works on gt6 (not surprising, since it's a function of the hardware, not software) and it works on the revised g27.
Now, lets get that sticky!!!

Surely this would be in the manual due to it being hardware coding not software related....i think.
But took a while to find out how to do it, was getting better at 900 drifts, got silver on drift trail 1 in gt6 with a few (hundred) trys. Got gold in one on 450.

I thought the game automatically adjusts steering degree rotation depending on what car you were driving? If you further adjust it with the wheel settings wouldn't that throw off realism?

I thought the game automatically adjusts steering degree rotation depending on what car you were driving? If you further adjust it with the wheel settings wouldn't that throw off realism?

In real life its possible to change the sensitivity of a car steering, I don't see this being much different.

In real life its possible to change the sensitivity of a car steering, I don't see this being much different.
I meant actually was trying to explain how the game automatically lowers steering rotation when you drive karts, f1, and maybe rally. Further adjustments with the wheel settings would throw off realism. Can anyone confirm? I want the realist setting for all the cars.

I meant actually was trying to explain how the game automatically lowers steering rotation when you drive karts, f1, and maybe rally. Further adjustments with the wheel settings would throw off realism. Can anyone confirm? I want the realist setting for all the cars.

Try it or not. If you try and don't like it, a simple reboot of the game and/or the PS3 will reset it all.

Back