G27/G25/(DFGT?) - Undocumented wheel lock settings - Guide

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by OdeFinn, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Youngun

Youngun

Well i do believe the rotation has a dead zone for mentioned cars but you can still switch down rotation. Its seems more a ratio than degree, 225 degree set on a kart is funny as...
    X1 is still easier on lower degrees, 900=crossed arms.

2. DKsDEVIL

DKsDEVIL

I cant believe DFGT don't have this its really annoying.
    damn i kick my self for saving on wheel

3. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

@Youngun, after you test, you don't think anymore, changed values are suiting so much better on use and nonexistent deadzone is the thing, more precise control and overall feeling of steering improves.
    Switching back from those modes is easy, take USB plug out from PS3 and connect it back and wheel calibrates back to original settings.
    Kart on 180 degree (altered 670 value on wheel and game changes total to 180) without deadzone is easy to handle, graphics are showing same movements and precise control is yours. On default settings 225(900degree) on karts with 10% deadzone on center is bad when changing direction on wheel and steering "jumps" on middle point, so does traction when smooth movement has that jump.

4. oohhh yeah

oohhh yeah

can you elaborate what 180 and 225 of WHAT?

5. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

@oohhh yeah, G27 default turn radius is 900 degrees, when entering Kart races game changes lock to lock radius somewhere near 225 degrees.
    Then when using 670 degree by this hardware coded feature of G27 and entering same Karts race game adjusts lock to lock radius 180 degrees.
    Clear enough?

6. oohhh yeah

oohhh yeah

Yes!

7. Youngun

Youngun

Thats why i feel it doesn't work on degrees but ratios to work out the degree lock

8. SillyBillyP

SillyBillyP

Can you change lock on a DFGT?

9. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

Uuh.. Same thing, just figure it out. :)

@SillyBillyP, some have raported at it works, some saying different, I don't own DFGT so can't swear how thing is.

SillyBillyP likes this.
  10. DKsDEVIL

DKsDEVIL

my dfgt dont do it in GT5 or GT6 It do in Grid 2

SillyBillyP likes this.
  11. Spasiboy

Spasiboy

Works like a charm!!! I've been looking for these settings since GT5 launch.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  12. DKsDEVIL

DKsDEVIL

on what

13. Spasiboy

Spasiboy

G27 that is.

14. beodo20vt

beodo20vt

1080º ??? It can be changed to 1080 º? Only works with T500rs?

15. TakumiFuji01

TakumiFuji01

16. mohammad

mohammad

where do i do this , while in game? in menu? xbm? while on track?

edit: playing GT6

17. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

In game, in menu, on track, anywhere after wheel calibration, wheel calibration switches back to default.

mohammad likes this.
  18. Cats_PJs

Cats_PJs Premium

I don't get it. In gt6 when I try to push 1+2 and then 0 it just navigates through the menu, no recalibration. What the heck?

Nevermind, it seems to have worked. Very cool.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  19. Napalm_LT

Napalm_LT

I have another question - is it possible to set PS button in GT6 on the G27? I cant see this in settings. Without this button on the wheel I cant chating. Another problem - I use USB 1 for wheel and my DS3 dont signing to PS3 as the second controler (flashing all 4 lights). Is it normal?

20. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

@Napalm_LT , wrong thread, but connect your ds3 using USB cable and it will register it to ps3.
    Can't map PS button to G27.

21. Napalm_LT

Napalm_LT

Conecting cable does nothing :(

22. Bluntified

Bluntified

Go in the XMB settings and re register your controller, I think it's under manage bluetooth devices or similar (can't remember off memory) . I take it you've never look through the settings or even read the manual?

23. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

While in game, press and hold the PS button, on the ds3 and then go to the controller settings and set the ds3 as your number one controller. This is only way to have access to the XMB with the g27. You have to use a ds3

BWX likes this.
  24. DaLaLLeR

DaLaLLeR

Thank you very much OdeFinn for sharing this information. I missed this feature to change the degrees of rotation of steering in GT5 / GT6 immensely!
    I searched a lot and I am very happy now that I found this ! :bowdown:

My personal favorite setting is the [1+2] + O = ~670°.
    I also like that it has less deadzone. I get much more feedback from the wheel/tyres at this setting.

I haven't yet tried drifting, but I can finally correct the oversteer fast enough with my G27.

yes absolutely!

same here

My settings:
    G27, Steering Type: Simulation, Power-Assisted Steering: On, Feedback Strength: 5.
    everything off execpt ABS 1 on most cars, sometimes Traction Control: 1.
    Controller Steering Sensitivity: 0

25. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Just as a heads up when selecting things like steering type in the controller settings menu, you will notice only certain wheels will be highlighted with certain options. If a wheel does not become highlighted, it is not affected by that setting. IE. When you select steering type, the G27 does not become highlighted. This means that this setting does not affect the G27.

DaLaLLeR likes this.
  26. mlbguy4life

mlbguy4life

im so glad i found this thread...
    i got my g27 about a week ago

i really like the o setting

less deadzone & now i dont have to cross my arms when turning from lock to lock

aboe likes this.
  27. haythem09

haythem09

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I pause the game, and the wheel turns all 900 degrees, i un-pause to my Formula Gran Turismo, and it turns significantly less, and when you change the rotation, it turns even less than that. The T setting couldn't even do a quarter-turn on the Formula GT.

I try the same with some random road car, and the rotation is the same as the setting.

Edit: This all being said, there a wheels with less than 900 degrees of rotation, and also the T500rs which has 1080 degrees (I'm not entirely sure 1080 is the default on Gran Turismo though, could be 900 like the Logitech wheels, someone will have to confirm)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    OdeFinn likes this.
  28. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Don't let the wheel in the game fool you. Your wheel and the tires will turn long after the wheel in the game stops.

29. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Wrong thread....

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  30. haythem09

haythem09

Oh and the X2014 Fan car does even less than that, it only does quarter-turns. The X2014 standard is the same rotation as the Formula Gran Turismo.