G27/G25/(DFGT?) - Undocumented wheel lock settings - Guide

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 275 comments
Well i do believe the rotation has a dead zone for mentioned cars but you can still switch down rotation. Its seems more a ratio than degree, 225 degree set on a kart is funny as...
X1 is still easier on lower degrees, 900=crossed arms.

@Youngun, after you test, you don't think anymore, changed values are suiting so much better on use and nonexistent deadzone is the thing, more precise control and overall feeling of steering improves.
Switching back from those modes is easy, take USB plug out from PS3 and connect it back and wheel calibrates back to original settings.
Kart on 180 degree (altered 670 value on wheel and game changes total to 180) without deadzone is easy to handle, graphics are showing same movements and precise control is yours. On default settings 225(900degree) on karts with 10% deadzone on center is bad when changing direction on wheel and steering "jumps" on middle point, so does traction when smooth movement has that jump.

@Youngun, after you test, you don't think anymore, changed values are suiting so much better on use and nonexistent deadzone is the thing, more precise control and overall feeling of steering improves.
Switching back from those modes is easy, take USB plug out from PS3 and connect it back and wheel calibrates back to original settings.
Kart on 180 degree (altered 670 value on wheel and game changes total to 180) without deadzone is easy to handle, graphics are showing same movements and precise control is yours. On default settings 225(900degree) on karts with 10% deadzone on center is bad when changing direction on wheel and steering "jumps" on middle point, so does traction when smooth movement has that jump.
can you elaborate what 180 and 225 of WHAT?

@oohhh yeah, G27 default turn radius is 900 degrees, when entering Kart races game changes lock to lock radius somewhere near 225 degrees.
Then when using 670 degree by this hardware coded feature of G27 and entering same Karts race game adjusts lock to lock radius 180 degrees.
Clear enough?

@oohhh yeah, G27 default turn radius is 900 degrees, when entering Kart races game changes lock to lock radius somewhere near 225 degrees.
Then when using 670 degree by this hardware coded feature of G27 and entering same Karts race game adjusts lock to lock radius 180 degrees.
Clear enough?
Yes!

Clear enough?
Thats why i feel it doesn't work on degrees but ratios to work out the degree lock

View attachment 86596 View attachment 86597

According to Frex (http://www.frex.com/gp/), these are the differences between the old and new version.
Which one you have ?
Manage to take personal close ups without being equipped in the wheel.
DSC00928.JPG
DSC00931.JPG
DSC00932.JPG
DSC00939.JPG
DSC00942.JPG
DSC00943.JPG

I don't get it. In gt6 when I try to push 1+2 and then 0 it just navigates through the menu, no recalibration. What the heck?

Nevermind, it seems to have worked. Very cool.

Last edited:
I have another question - is it possible to set PS button in GT6 on the G27? I cant see this in settings. Without this button on the wheel I cant chating. Another problem - I use USB 1 for wheel and my DS3 dont signing to PS3 as the second controler (flashing all 4 lights). Is it normal?

Conecting cable does nothing :(

Go in the XMB settings and re register your controller, I think it's under manage bluetooth devices or similar (can't remember off memory) . I take it you've never look through the settings or even read the manual?

Conecting cable does nothing :(
While in game, press and hold the PS button, on the ds3 and then go to the controller settings and set the ds3 as your number one controller. This is only way to have access to the XMB with the g27. You have to use a ds3

Thank you very much OdeFinn for sharing this information. I missed this feature to change the degrees of rotation of steering in GT5 / GT6 immensely!
I searched a lot and I am very happy now that I found this ! :bowdown:

My personal favorite setting is the [1+2] + O = ~670°.
I also like that it has less deadzone. I get much more feedback from the wheel/tyres at this setting.

I haven't yet tried drifting, but I can finally correct the oversteer fast enough with my G27.

Anyone else feel this is sticky worthy?
yes absolutely!

[...] 900 degrees is too much for my style of driving.
same here

My settings:
G27, Steering Type: Simulation, Power-Assisted Steering: On, Feedback Strength: 5.
everything off execpt ABS 1 on most cars, sometimes Traction Control: 1.
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 0

Thank you very much OdeFinn for sharing this information. I missed this feature to change the degrees of rotation of steering in GT5 / GT6 immensely!
I searched a lot and I am very happy now that I found this ! :bowdown:

My personal favorite setting is the [1+2] + O = ~670°.
I also like that it has less deadzone. I get much more feedback from the wheel/tyres at this setting.

I haven't yet tried drifting, but I can finally correct the oversteer fast enough with my G27.

yes absolutely!

same here

My settings:
G27, Steering Type: Simulation, Power-Assisted Steering: On, Feedback Strength: 5.
everything off execpt ABS 1 on most cars, sometimes Traction Control: 1.
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 0
Just as a heads up when selecting things like steering type in the controller settings menu, you will notice only certain wheels will be highlighted with certain options. If a wheel does not become highlighted, it is not affected by that setting. IE. When you select steering type, the G27 does not become highlighted. This means that this setting does not affect the G27.

im so glad i found this thread...
i got my g27 about a week ago

i really like the o setting

less deadzone & now i dont have to cross my arms when turning from lock to lock

I thought the game automatically adjusts steering degree rotation depending on what car you were driving? If you further adjust it with the wheel settings wouldn't that throw off realism?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I pause the game, and the wheel turns all 900 degrees, i un-pause to my Formula Gran Turismo, and it turns significantly less, and when you change the rotation, it turns even less than that. The T setting couldn't even do a quarter-turn on the Formula GT.

I try the same with some random road car, and the rotation is the same as the setting.

Edit: This all being said, there a wheels with less than 900 degrees of rotation, and also the T500rs which has 1080 degrees (I'm not entirely sure 1080 is the default on Gran Turismo though, could be 900 like the Logitech wheels, someone will have to confirm)

Last edited:
Don't let the wheel in the game fool you. Your wheel and the tires will turn long after the wheel in the game stops.

Oh and the X2014 Fan car does even less than that, it only does quarter-turns. The X2014 standard is the same rotation as the Formula Gran Turismo.

Back