G27/G25/(DFGT?) - Undocumented wheel lock settings - Guide

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 275 comments
The console shouldn't matter. The setting is a function of the wheel itself and is independent of the system it is attached to. Hence the reason you must force the wheel to recalibrate to set the wheel back to the games settings. This includes the PC as well.
That said, it may be possible for the game to send a reset. I was watching that episode of ISR doing the review of the T300, and much like the G27, you can change the ratio using a couple of buttons on the wheel. In the case of the T300, every time a race started, or apparently when you press start during a race, the wheel would set back to the default 1080. Testing on DiRT did not yield the same result, and the setting would persist until the wheel was recalibrated. Not sure as to whether this would have any correlation whatsoever with the G27 though.

Like it does on gt6. However, I don't recommend it on the PC. You can use the Logitech software, or, better still, change the settings in iRacing. Do a search for "g27 setting " on the iRacing forum, there should be a thread or two on how to tune the G27. Follow the instructions, it will make the wheel feel much better.

Different settings for different cars and tracks. Try the Lotus at Daytona on 670 setting as apposed to default. Huge control difference on a long and fast track. I remember that race.... First ever online race and I won. Bring on the ovals.

Pretty sure he adjusted it for GT5 & 6. Not sure if he used his PC to make the adjustments but I remember him saying he'd tried it on a couple of different settings but didn't like it on anything different than the 900 degree setting.

Here is the post where he mentions it. It doesn't appear that he stated how he set it though.

Sounds like it can be set to 1080, 900, 720, 540 or 360. Found this online:

You can change the settings on a T500 in regards to degrees of rotation on the fly. Press left or right on the D Pad and the mode button at the same time and you can change the DOR in 5 steps.

Buy a latest version of DFGT, not working. Maybe some other combination or manipulation needed. If anyone knows, please reply. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 102
Hi all,

Today I have bought myself a g27 wheel, I stumbled across this forum about setting the lock. I have tried altering the settings on the wheel and it doesn't seem to change. I am following the guide shown, won't work! Any ideas? Do you need to be in the main menu/on track etc? Any help much appreciated.

I had the same problem in R3E with the G27. If I put in the Logitech profiler 900º the game lock it at 540º in the advanced settings, if I put the wheel at 540º, the game locked it at 180º...

For example I have the WTCC pack and the Civic felt like I was driving a Kart because if I turned my wheel just 20/30º the car made a hard turn and it was impossible to control the car that way at the time of correct the trajectory and such.

Now I put 900º in the Logitech profiler and went to the advanced settings in the game, pressed 1+2 and then X and magically 900º appeared.
Went to drive the Civic to test and oh god...the car feels like a dream again.

One thing that is important if you don't want to have all cars with 900º, check the "Allow the game to set the degrees" in the Logitech profiler and close it before entering the game.

So, thank you very much for this thread. I knew that the G27 had this but never tried it before while having these kind of problems. :bowdown:

:cheers:

I've tried this with the DFGT a good number of times but with not luck. Any suggestions? I've emailed Logitech just on the off chance they reply with the answer. Tah!

I think maybe this whole thread only one person reported it working on a dfgt. They may have been on drugs...

It works for some DFGT's but not others,the later ones definitely do(manufactured post GT5 2.0)
These also work in IRacing,you must beforehand delete your control config file then calibrate normally,giving readings of approx. 240 top & 320 bottom,then choose your mode on g27/DFGT, and then set top slider to match the chosen mode & bottom to same(as close as possible). This will fully synch the visible wheel and arms better on screen. If you want the steering ratio to increase as you turn the wheel raise the bottom slider in small amounts until you find your ideal turn. Try different modes with different cars,it can make a huge difference!!!!!

On the G25/27 this trick works everytime. However, the results aren't exact as the changes occur at the wheel firmware level, not in game. So if you've adjusted your rotation, it will effectively make the full turn in game shorter. This I can confirm, having done just that in DiRT Rally trying to find a happy spot in the turning ratio.
As for DFGT. Sure I suppose it could. But I believe there is a post in here by someone who owns a newer one and they reported it unsuccessful. I could be remembering that wrong, was a year or more ago. But yeah. Do you have one? Is it working for you?

Last edited:
You need the two middle red buttons on the shifter, and one of the four "x, circle, triangle, square" buttons. On the first page, maybe even in the OP there is a post saying which button sets which ratio.

Square and triangle? If so then you won't be able to use those. Unless you are savvy with solder, then you are SOL for those two buttons.

If this thread is still "alive", I need to know how to set the G-29 at the 670 radius (and hopefully remove the dead zone) while still running GT-6.

Back