G27/G25/(DFGT?) - Undocumented wheel lock settings - Guide

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 275 comments
I have the old and new version's of the G27 wheel. I never tried the new version till today. The steering feel's so much lighter. Does anyone own both or have tried both ?? ... Does the new G27 feel lighter ??

If I set the wheel to 240. Will I then run off track, if I sneeze or if I get hiccups. Exaggerating maybe a little, but does it become difficult to make small adjustments to the steering?

If I set the wheel to 240. Will I then run off track, if I sneeze or if I get hiccups. Exaggerating maybe a little, but does it become difficult to make small adjustments to the steering?
At 240,All you will need is small adjustments to steer. F1 style. Better react quick,no sneezing.

I'm sooooooo glad I found this post. I'm deffinately going to try these settings on my G27 as soon as I sign on. I changed some settings this weekend and found it to be better. I have my wheel on Professional, power steering off, force feedback at 8 and sensitivity at 7. Any suggestions or comments with these settings? Any input would be great. I do a lot of road course racing.
Thanks,
RodeRunner1967

There must be a reason Logitech didn't make this info public. For the life of me though, I cant figure out what that reason may be. Still though it seems to be a great find, to bad I don't use my g27 anymore.
They knew someone would work it out,people sit and do combo's for hours trying to find hidden features,etc. Probably just money saving on printing!lol

I'm so glad this popped up. I put my G27 into 670 degrees mode and I can drive the X2014 Standard much faster. So much more responsive and stiffer force feedback. It's also a lot easier to turn any car in hairpins now. I don't have to turn the wheel over 90 degrees to either side. Thanks for the great find! :)

Thanks so much to the OP for this info!

I recently modded my G27 and attached a Momo 310mm rim to my G27 base.

The original G27 rim is 270mm and I am still getting used to driving with the larger rim. By setting my G27 to 450d it has made my 'turning in' and getting full lock so much easier and when it comes to open wheel racing the 240d will be even better still!

Thanks again for sharing.

thanks for this
however im pressing the buttons and nothing happens

Go into a race and then push the buttons. Then check it. Or get into the FGT cockpit view so you can see the front wheels turn easier. Assuming your playing GT6 that is.

Unfortunately it does NOT work with my DFGT.
But if the case is that it only works with new/newer versions, that was obvious. I have mine since 2009 and since you can't update the fw of the wheel manually I'm stuck with it. But there are worse problems in the world ;)

Is it possible to update DF GT firmware? If not i'm gonna sell it and buy a new one.

If you plan to buy a new wheel, upgrade to a G27 or Thrustmaster. I have no idea if DFGT firmware can be updated. Might want to contact Logitech to answer that.

Thanks for advice. Is it possible to change degrees of rotacion in Thrusmaster on GT6?

It is possible with the mode button,but it resets every time you start a race. So basically it's not really worth trying to change it on the T500. But the feel and feedback is better than a G27. The G27 is a good wheel for the money,plus there are easy mods and upgrades you can do down the road.

Logitech G25 / G27 Secret - How to Change Wheel Rotation from 900'- 200' or 2 settings in between...
For 7 years I did not know this function was available ..
Logitech left this outta the Instruction book...
I use this for drifting in GT6 see later in the video for me demonstrating my new found driftin skills lol..

Top marks for the wheel Logitech still works like new and has been abused by all sizes and ages and still going strong after all those 7 years of play..;O)
I built my own stand out of some wood in the garage and got some old FIA corbeau bucket seats off eBay...
Works very well and feels like a real car set up hours of fun better than any arcade machine I've ever played and no coin slot ;O)

The 4 settings are:
900' standard
630' Good for race cars like a quick rack
450' More like a Go Kart Rack and great for drifting in GT6
200' Like the old Driving Force Wireless GT force Driving Force EX

This is also possible on a Driving Force Pro Wheel the predecessor to The G25 and G27 Wheels

Helps loads with drifting in GT6
GT5 I could drift quite well on 900' rotation but it seems much harder on GT6 but this makes it fun again ;O)

But at least he has done it in a new way, also giving some little advise as to what would be best used for etc, as for drifting. Now, I can't drift, and i hardly get any control of my g27.. I been asking around for advise all i get is nothing, as in im having a chat with some-one to find out they got a wheel second i ask they are silent..

Since watching this video im going to at least try again.

Since watching this video im going to at least try again.[/quote]

Had never read that post before now ;O) Just did the vid for youtube as I couldn't find one on there...
I'll post the vid on that link too ;O)

Sorry that's news to me a friend told me in an online lobby Just thought I'd share the knowledge ;O)

Logitech G25 / G27 Secret - How to Change Wheel Rotation from 900'- 200' or 2 settings in between...
For 7 years I did not know this function was available ..
Logitech left this outta the Instruction book...
I use this for drifting in GT6 see later in the video for me demonstrating my new found driftin skills lol..

This is also possible on a Driving Force Pro Wheel the predecessor to The G25 and G27 Wheels

Helps loads with drifting in GT6
GT5 I could drift quite well on 900' rotation but it seems much harder on GT6 but this makes it fun again ;O)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this work with any of the F1 games made by Codemasters?

@VBR works, Codemaster use software radius on wheel, but no lock, with this you can alter lock, then some changes might have needed on ingame settings to get it suitable for you.
Made big difference on my Dirt games experience.

@gazg25 your linked video claims at this is working on DFP, some new news to me, good news to DFP owners.

This is the greatest find. I have found myself now setting the wheel lock directly in game depending on the car I drive. I've had success with Assetto Corsa, Race 07/GTR2, rFactor and even LFS too. It beats setting the profile for the wheel lock in the profiler each time you decide to drive a different car. Three buttons and I'm off with the wheel lock to suit.

I bought my DFGT around March, i think. i tried to play the first DiRT once and the steering wheel was at 200 deg. default, i think. i honestly don't know the true degrees, the only way i can describe it is, it turned exactly as it does in the cockpit view in GT6.

Since that setting was there in DiRT, at least i know it's possible. maybe I'm doing sonething wrong? i have the newest DFGT for sure, bought it this year. it'd be real neat to use the twitchy setting for drifting.

Sorry that's news to me a friend told me in an online lobby Just thought I'd share the knowledge ;O)

No you did a good thing, the video should really help out those who are confused by how to do this.

Found three undocumented settings from G27, one of them removes deadzone from center, is this "we know it already" stuff and no need for topic at all?

Personally haven't know it before.

Instructions later if people think at this is something what they want to know.

G27_UDG_mini.jpg

[1+2] + O = ~670°
[1+2] + S = ~450°
[1+2] + X = 900° Resets to default
[1+2] + T = ~240°

1 and 2 buttons goes down almost same time, I have used order 1-2 and then selection without any specific delay, then releasing selection key and also 1 and 2 buttons.
*After many tests can say at just hold 1+2 down and then select TSOX-mode which you want to use.
Have done it everywhere, on track, on menus, so doesn't matter where, only doing it after wheel calibration, 'coz calibration resets these modes.
If you keep small tension on wheel when switching to 0deadzone mode you feel small *klak* and movement of wheel.
After successful mode change you feel it when turning wheel toward lock, there will be a FFB-engine powered lock what you feel on chosen radius.

I have figured this out yesterday so not much testing yet, hopefully somebody have time to test this also on PC, 100% sure at it will have effect on PS3.
Hardware coded feature, works on PS3 and PC.

G25 confirmed also to work same as G27
Works also on DFGT (1=start 2=select) (some works, some not..weird)

If you like it please tell me it also, and if understanding better some of those modes please tell here it also and we'll update this post.
(c)OdeFinn (lol)

This procedure does not work on console, the only way to change rotation on G27 is an update made by game developpers every time a game comes up.

Back