G27/G25/(DFGT?) - Undocumented wheel lock settings - Guide

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 275 comments
Hi OdeFinn. Thank you so much for sharing this information :)

I have a G27 which I bought very recently and I'd heard that it was possible to do something like this by using the software on the PC, but I was unaware that it could be done so quickly like this in-game.

I have already shared this with a friend who owns a DFGT and, luckily for him, it works with his wheel too. He already has taken over a second off his times and he was already pretty quick. I have to do more testing myself, but I managed to get within a PB I spent hours trying to get in a matter of just two fast laps, so I think as well that the pace is definitely improved. The feel of the car is much more responsive, and you feel as though you have more control over it - it 'listens' to what you 'tell' it to do... It's definitely improved my experience in GT6 (which was needed, and don't we all know it).

So again, thank you! I'm surprised not more people have been talking about this... or maybe they already know but are too scared to share, in case they get beaten lol

:cheers:

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I pause the game, and the wheel turns all 900 degrees, i un-pause to my Formula Gran Turismo, and it turns significantly less, and when you change the rotation, it turns even less than that. The T setting couldn't even do a quarter-turn on the Formula GT.

I try the same with some random road car, and the rotation is the same as the setting.

Edit: This all being said, there a wheels with less than 900 degrees of rotation, and also the T500rs which has 1080 degrees (I'm not entirely sure 1080 is the default on Gran Turismo though, could be 900 like the Logitech wheels, someone will have to confirm)

they did already reduce the lock on FGT as you mentioned but this only limited the wheels lock point not reduced ratio,I found the S/450 setting to give a near like for like movement for the FGT thats saved my proverbial behind as ive recently been playing f1 13 and couldnt re adjust to the fgt again with 900degree

Still going to test it on GT3 that doesn't support a 900 degree wheel.

Got my g27 on June/13, and started playing GT3 with it on my old, big and loved PS2 fat. :)

And at that time I've found a trick to make the wheel use about 220º. You just have to connect the wheel after the screen "Sony Entertainment Computer America". If you boot the PS2 with the wheel already connected, the game will try to use 900º, making it almost unplayable, since there is no software steering adjustment on the game.

Well, since the TSOX was revealed, I think now my discover is no big deal, but still open possibilities to make the FFB strength adjustable. Maybe for the most of races or players this isn't a bother, but for endurances and dirty races the wheel motor will get REALLY hot after some minutes racing.

Many thanks to OdeFinn and also the others on this thread for sharing so much things.

I bump again for a sticky!! @Famine , or any other mod. Sorry, you are the first one I could think of, and I am not sure who moderates this section. Can this thread be stickied? I can't think of a more important post for G25/G27 users.

[quote="piscota, post:
[1+2] + T = 225° of rotation
[1+2] + S = 450°
[1+2] + O = 675°
[1+2] + X = 900°[/quote]

Does it mean whar thease buttons cant be set for any in race functions? 1 and 2 buttons I set as SELECT and

[quote="piscota, post:
[1+2] + T = 225° of rotation
[1+2] + S = 450°
[1+2] + O = 675°
[1+2] + X = 900°

Does it mean whar thease buttons cant be set for any in race functions? 1 and 2 buttons I set as SELECT and[/quote]
Nope, it is a function of the hardware, not the software, so regardless of how it is mapped, the same set of buttons still works.

Does it mean whar thease buttons cant be set for any in race functions? 1 and 2 buttons I set as SELECT and ...

Nope, it is a function of the hardware, not the software, so regardless of how it is mapped, the same set of buttons still works.

Strange. I use 1 and 2 buttons for Select and Start function. If I was pushing them in game, I changed view (first pushed Select) or game was paused (first pushed Start) and the wheel didn't lock. If I was pushing thees buttons in menu mode, they do the same - starting game, entering menu and so on.
Dont understand what exactly I must do to lock wheel.

Last edited:
@Napalm_LT, just press down those buttons what are labeled 1 & 2 on picture in first post, and then while holding them down press one of those T,S,O or X button, that's it. then you can release those buttons and test turning your wheel and you'll find "soft lock" there.

Works on my G27. Maybe it depends on the game? Though I doubt, since it's hardware-coded. Tried it with GTR2 and GSC2013.

Did this, but wheel didn't lock ...

The G27 wheel itself will not lock. In GT5 and GT6, the wheel will get a bit stiffer to turn once you hit the rotational limit, which it why it's called a "soft lock".

Here are a couple of posts with pictures to show what it does and where you can expect the soft lock to occur.

Here & here

Last edited:
I used to play Dirt few times and in some events (don't remember which) wheel automaticaly locked (was like in formula), so I thought what the same should be with this locking.

Seriously cannot thank you enough for sharing this info! Two turns into a track after changing the lock and I was floored, what a huge difference this makes! So excited to go through all my cars again and do some online racing, woohoo, thank you thank you thank you!!!

I'd like to attempt this with my DFGT.

What exactly do I do with it since it does not have the 1 and 2 bottons like the G27?

I'd like to attempt this with my DFGT.

What exactly do I do with it since it does not have the 1 and 2 bottons like the G27?

1+2=Select+Start

It works with my DFGT purchased 1 month ago; it has probably the most recent firmware.

I am now using most the 675 degrees option because I had a DFEx (200 degrees) and it helps to make the transition to the DFGT :)

Thanks very much @OdeFinn for the tips 👍

I just wanted to add again, this thread needs a sticky, and I made a thread in site support to bring it to the attention of mods, feel free to chime in to show your support here .

Glad to see this got a sticky! I got a T500 a few months ago and I wish I could set up it for this. I miss the 670 setting! I may have to hook my G27 back up and bust a few laps with it just because. This is one of the best finds on the G27,I can't understand why Logitech doesn't advertise this!!

1+2=Select+Start

It works with my DFGT purchased 1 month ago; it has probably the most recent firmware.

I am now using most the 675 degrees option because I had a DFEx (200 degrees) and it helps to make the transition to the DFGT :)

Thanks very much @OdeFinn for the tips 👍
Thanks for confirming that DFGT part, could you post your product id from your wheel, if we can collect information what revision is oldest where this works.

Maybe I should do that OP cleanup part soon since we get this sticky, thanks @Jordan.

Glad to see this got a sticky! I got a T500 a few months ago and I wish I could set up it for this. I miss the 670 setting! I may have to hook my G27 back up and bust a few laps with it just because. This is one of the best finds on the G27,I can't understand why Logitech doesn't advertise this!!

Pretty sure the T500 can be adjusted even more than the G27. PM @OwensRacing . He should be able tell you how it's done. He may have even posted the sequence in this thread somewhere.

Thanks for confirming that DFGT part, could you post your product id from your wheel, if we can collect information what revision is oldest where this works.

Maybe I should do that OP cleanup part soon since we get this sticky, thanks @Jordan.

Ok, glad if I can help. Its not installed on the pc and I only play GT(PD).
The records I found are:

Driving Force GT 941-000101 (prod.id I guess)
SLEH-00081 (???)
s/n 1332LZ02RTD9

Pretty sure the T500 can be adjusted even more than the G27. PM @OwensRacing . He should be able tell you how it's done. He may have even posted the sequence in this thread somewhere.

I thought you could only adjust it on PC with the config properties? I only play GT,but I'm going check it out again. Thanks for the info though. Sorry for the off topic.:cheers:

I thought you could only adjust it on PC with the config properties? I only play GT,but I'm going check it out again. Thanks for the info though. Sorry for the off topic.:cheers:

Pretty sure he adjusted it for GT5 & 6. Not sure if he used his PC to make the adjustments but I remember him saying he'd tried it on a couple of different settings but didn't like it on anything different than the 900 degree setting.

Here is the post where he mentions it. It doesn't appear that he stated how he set it though.

Latest Posts

Back