G27 learners who would like training.

• Thread starter SLaBaTaC
  • 150 comments
Hello there i just got the game and the G27 wheel I'm wondering if you have any drift setup that is good to use for beginners and maybe a car till the setup, Thanks in advance :).

Hello there i just got the game and the G27 wheel I'm wondering if you have any drift setup that is good to use for beginners and maybe a car till the setup, Thanks in advance :).

indeed i can help you aswell as my m8 / no1 graduate TH137Z hehe.ill pvt msg you a setup to use and a recomended car.

i should also add norre that track knowledge helps alot if you are familiar with any but for now just focus on driving around the tracks untill you get a feel for the wheel as you are new to it all.

another thing too, its sometimes easier to start with a less horsepower car and grippier tyres, force the car to go sideways. when you think you have the concept, bring the tyres back. this should introduce you into countersteering on the wheel if you are having heaps of trouble.

Hey SLaBaTaC I've been playing the game for a couple years now, but never really got into it until some months ago. I never learned to drift.

I got a g27 2 weeks ago, do you mind sending me a good tune for beginners and also some tips on how to start? Also, do you mind telling me what are the setting of your g27?

Last edited:
Hey SLaBaTaC I've been playing the game for a couple years now, but never really got into it until some months ago. I never learned to drift.

I got a g27 2 weeks ago, do you mind sending me a good tune for beginners and also some tips on how to start? Also, do you mind telling me what are the setting of your g27?

not a problem champ.i use simulation mode with forcefeedback on 5 (so the motors / gears dont burn out so fast).the basic start to drifting will just be powering out of the corner,dont worry so much about your 'fancy' entries you needa get a feel for the wheel first.i suggest to all learners go buy a premium Z33 (350z) and fully upgrade it.youll be running it at around 400hp though.
ill inbox you with a drift template to use.

Last edited:
not a problem champ.i use simulation mode with forcefeedback on 5 (so the motors / gears dont burn out so fast).the basic start to drifting will just be powering out of the corner,dont worry so much about your 'fancy' entries you needa get a feel for the wheel first.i suggest to all learners go buy a premium Z33 (350z) and fully upgrade it.youll be running it at around 400hp though.
ill inbox you with a drift template to use.

I'm going to try that tonight and see how it works out for me.

My G27 arrived yesterday and, despite being pretty good with the dualshock, I found it to be a lot harder with the wheel than I was expecting.

I can start and maintain the drift fine, it's the exit that completely throws me against the wall. I'm too slow turning the wheel and I also guess it's going to take me a while to get used to this force feedback thing...

itend to use the FFB on a very low setting. and its good for me. doesnt wear me out so quickly. in time im going to start turning the FFB back up.

itend to use the FFB on a very low setting. and its good for me. doesnt wear me out so quickly. in time im going to start turning the FFB back up.

I used FFB 1 on my DFGT but I use 7 on my g27. For some reason the FFB is stronger on the DFGT compared to the G27. Strange really seen as the g27 has 2 motors and the DFGT has 1.

I've been doing racing on GT5 for a little bit and I would really like to get into drifting.
Problem is the G27 feels like it's fighting against me when drifting.

Lets say when I turn the wheel right to begin with the drift and I try to maintain the drift, Either the wheel counters steering for me and I end up spinning out or the wheel becomes heavier to counter steer left.

I have the FFB turned down to 2 btw. I got use to the wheel rattling in races but idk what's going on in drifting.
Feels as if I'm driving an untuned enzo, spinning out and tearing my arms off.
any suggestions?

Last edited:
@ nubcake, try turning the controller sensitivity down, Maybe try a different tune if my first suggestion does not work.

Thanks SDC

ive found, and i use the same FFB setting normally, enter a drift and then let the wheel roll back round. u should then be able to catch it. (but be ready, leave it too long and ull transition). u should then be able to continuesly roll the wheel left and right finding the sweet spot. go with the wheelrather that fighting it.
sorry if itmakes no sense. its hard to explain

ive found, and i use the same FFB setting normally, enter a drift and then let the wheel roll back round. u should then be able to catch it. (but be ready, leave it too long and ull transition). u should then be able to continuesly roll the wheel left and right finding the sweet spot. go with the wheelrather that fighting it.
sorry if itmakes no sense. its hard to explain

Yeah, I get what you're trying to explain. I turned the FFB to 10 and it seem to help me get a feel for the wheel, feels less sensitive compare to 2. I also turned power assist on.

Last edited:
@ nubcake, try turning the controller sensitivity down, Maybe try a different tune if my first suggestion does not work.

Thanks SDC

I didn't think controller steering sensitivity affects the wheel, only the DS3.

Last edited:
nubcake

You are correct. It has absolutely no affect, same with the amateur through simulation setting in the options menu.

Turn ForceFeedback on 5-7
And Steering Option on Simmulator
And you use Comfort hard tyres Right ?

I've changed the FFB down to five and simmulator is selected.
Comfort hard with 350z.
I'm still finding myself struggling and fighting with the wheel a bit. I guess I need more practice.

You are correct. It has absolutely no affect, same with the amateur through simulation setting in the options menu.

Simulation does, and most people say it does and the other half say it does not with the steering sensitivity and I believe it does because with 7 its a lot harder then 0 to drift with.

Please refere to the top half of my post.

ShootDaCar
Simulation does, and most people say it does and the other half say it does not with the steering sensitivity and I believe it does because with 7 its a lot harder then 0 to drift with.

Simulation setting has absolutely no effect on the DFGT, G25/G27, or Thrustmaster.

For the steering sensitivity, it has no effect too. The wheel is 900 degreese, the faster you turn it that's how fast it will turn. Go into cockpit view, then turn the wheel at a slow steady pace lock to lock with sensitivity at -2. Then do the same with it at 7, if the wheel turns faster on the in car camera it proves what you are saying.

Simulation setting has absolutely no effect on the DFGT, G25/G27, or Thrustmaster.

For the steering sensitivity, it has no effect too. The wheel is 900 degreese, the faster you turn it that's how fast it will turn. Go into cockpit view, then turn the wheel at a slow steady pace lock to lock with sensitivity at -2. Then do the same with it at 7, if the wheel turns faster on the in car camera it proves what you are saying.

Okay, Thanks for explaining.

ShootDaCar
Okay, Thanks for explaining.

No problem. It gets confusing sometimes.

Basically the steering sensitivity works for the DS3 to control how fast/smooth the steering goes back and forth. Which on a wheel you just simply turn the wheel faster.

It gets confusing sometimes, and I at one point thought it changed on the wheel, but I did the test I said above, and nothing was different.

Just like a lot of things on GT5, you have to pay attention to the scrolling text while you highlight a option.

No problem. It gets confusing sometimes.

Basically the steering sensitivity works for the DS3 to control how fast/smooth the steering goes back and forth. Which on a wheel you just simply turn the wheel faster.

It gets confusing sometimes, and I at one point thought it changed on the wheel, but I did the test I said above, and nothing was different.

Just like a lot of things on GT5, you have to pay attention to the scrolling text while you highlight a option.

So it is kind of "Mind of matter"? if you now that saying?

I've changed the FFB down to five and simmulator is selected.
Comfort hard with 350z.
I'm still finding myself struggling and fighting with the wheel a bit. I guess I need more practice.

A good track to practice on is high speed ring and just do the S section back n forwards until you can get a feel for that 'sweet spot'.Alot will be trial and error also

Back