G27 learners who would like training.

• Thread starter SLaBaTaC
  • 150 comments
Just got a g27 and just got back into GT5. Drifted quite a bit in GT4 but completely new to the g27 and drifting in GT5. Im going to try and add you slab,
if your list is full can you shoot me a request? PSN name is Dreezus.

Thanks man looking forward to it!

Just got a g27 and just got back into GT5. Drifted quite a bit in GT4 but completely new to the g27 and drifting in GT5. Im going to try and add you slab,
if your list is full can you shoot me a request? PSN name is Dreezus.

Thanks man looking forward to it!

not a problem champ cos i think my list is full atm , been gettn alot of requests lately.ill be on there shortly

Might have to take you up on that offer, g27 coming in tomorrow. lol

ok doing some house chores then ima stoke up the PS3.ill clear 2 spots ( if possible )on my list and add you guys.

Are there any other drifters out there who would like some help tuning their cars dont be shy and ask here instead of inboxing me :P.Im more than happy to send setups via inbox.

I recently got the G27. I've drifted in GT5 since release on controller, so it's a major change.
I was wondering what your guys' setups were for the e-brake. It feels funky that it has to be a button. I've kind of thrown away using the e-brake to initiate a drift because of this.

I've begun to use the amateurish way I do in my actual car to initiate a wide drift, just powering over. It almost seems like a 50/50 chance of a successful drift in GT5 though. Are there any LSD setups or any tips or techniques you guys have for initiating a drift?

I recently got the G27. I've drifted in GT5 since release on controller, so it's a major change.
I was wondering what your guys' setups were for the e-brake. It feels funky that it has to be a button. I've kind of thrown away using the e-brake to initiate a drift because of this.

I've begun to use the amateurish way I do in my actual car to initiate a wide drift, just powering over. It almost seems like a 50/50 chance of a successful drift in GT5 though. Are there any LSD setups or any tips or techniques you guys have for initiating a drift?

yea it is a pain in the ass but i use the two left red buttons above the shifter for my E-break if needed but its mostly for reverse entries or emergencies haha.

try your LSD on either 5 60 60 or 60 60 60. you may want 2 adjust your toe to -0.15 front and 1.00 rear.
there may be a huge factor as to how your suspension setup is also =).

Manji that car yo. :)

nizmo_bro, i feel your pain with the e brake. i tend to set my brakes up F2 - R7 or 6 depending on the weight of the rear end. i also dont use ABS. upon light braking u will still be able to slow down for corners as the weight will shift to the front, medium toheavy braking will lock the rear tyres up and start to engage like a handbrake, and then pushing the pedal flat, will allow 4 wheel lock up, i use it for some big entries into right angle corners, i also find it helps entering the 2nd hairpin in grand valley speedway for example. might be a noob way for entering, but it still works.

Heya Slabatac. Been drifting for a month now. mostly use the fairlady z34 08. Biggest score currently on autumn ring mini is around 13k. What setup would you advise? I pick up skills very quickly. To get the score I used higher spring rates in the rear.around 10 in the front. low compression rear and high extension, with 5 and 3 extension and compression in the front. Surprisingly using compression in the rear of 1 or 2 gives me a more stable drift.lsd settings at 5 60 60

Heya Slabatac. Been drifting for a month now. mostly use the fairlady z34 08. Biggest score currently on autumn ring mini is around 13k. What setup would you advise? I pick up skills very quickly. To get the score I used higher spring rates in the rear.around 10 in the front. low compression rear and high extension, with 5 and 3 extension and compression in the front. Surprisingly using compression in the rear of 1 or 2 gives me a more stable drift.lsd settings at 5 60 60

Ill send you a template of a setup that may or may not help you as you seem to know what your doing.By sounds of it you are suffering from alot of understeer ?

thanks Slab!!! will give it a go this evening. yeh a little middrift understeer, kinda helps me to pull straight on corner exit, but if i come in too hot no margin for error. also experiencing middrift auto correction where the front pushes back inline with the rear, even under full throttle, making me have to blip the clutch or kill the speed a bit by hitting the handbrake. not sure if thats my damper setting or ARB transferring weight to the front middrift, then again im one of those seriously disfunctional tuners,no hope.hahaha. ill try add you if you have space, would love to drift in the same room as you, so whenever you breeze passed me you can call whats going wrong... lol. keep well bud and thanks

one question do you run ABS or not lol.I master the art of ABS drift.TH137Z is mastered in NON ABS drifts :P

have you got the rear spring rate too soft? what camber do you have in front? i run about 3.3 camber on the front. i found that the spring rate control how long the car will slide for. could try stiffen the rear springs a little more if it feels its biting in too quickly

Last edited:
I am back home now after a nice long weekend of celebrating my Girlfriends mothers birthday and was at a festival.Once i get the PS3 back of my miss ill jump on GT =).

how do you use the clutch for drifting ?

I have a clutchless wheel set but I do have a lot of friends who drive/drift with a G27. Nearly all of them said that the clutch for GT5 is seriously messed up and that it's always going into neutral. Sometimes it's just better to drift without.

I have a clutchless wheel set but I do have a lot of friends who drive/drift with a G27. Nearly all of them said that the clutch for GT5 is seriously messed up and that it's always going into neutral. Sometimes it's just better to drift without.

Throttle right off, Clutch flat down, sometimes when your revving to high sometimes does it, Well thats what I found.

Thanks SDC.

Yes that is because they are trying to ride the clutch like a real car.It can be done but takes alot of practice as i can prove by taking off with no wheel spin at optimum speed.

But as SDC stated throttle must be fully off and clutch all the way in before gear shifting.

It's up shifting mid drift that is the problem most people including my self have. Iv decided to ditch the clutch as I can't be as consistent as I would like to be using it. I still use it for fun as I do enjoy using it but when I want be serious, I don't bother with it. I just wish they would give us a realistic clutch.

Reddee
It's up shifting mid drift that is the problem most people including my self have. Iv decided to ditch the clutch as I can't be as consistent as I would like to be using it. I still use it for fun as I do enjoy using it but when I want be serious, I don't bother with it. I just wish they would give us a realistic clutch.

Practice practice practice.

Yep this is what beats me too. I either shift too fast and go into neutral, or shift too slow and grip.
Someone tipped me about either lowering the braking sensitivity in the LSD or stiffening the rear springs slightly if i grip on upshifts, gonna try that out.

Most importantly: Practice!👍

Back