G29 Settings Thread

• Thread starter Sisco360
  • 241 comments
Just got my G29 hooked up. Went for the suggestions on the 1st reply to this thread and started to get worried because there was a huge dead zone and I was all over the place. Turned Sensitivity up to 7-8 and it's MUCH better for me. I can actually point the car where I want it to go.

i bought my G29 on day one. since that day i used in on GT6 and GT sport mayby 70000km (43496miles). i think 50 or 60% of that is drifting.
it been 2 times open to make a homemade handbrake work. first it was on R2 - to drift also in assetto corsa. and than, big thx to assetto, they changed the handbrake button from R2 to L2.
everything works great, the red jog could be better.

perfect setup for gt sport??
there is no.

for drifting i used all time 0/2/1. works great
tonight i use 7/1/5

for race you must try your self.
most racecars are good with 0/1/1 or 0/2/2
streetcars i often use 0/3/4

Does anybody know if setting the FFB sens to high it will obscure details of kerbs and the road? I am using 10 atm but thinking of dropping it to 7 when I'm at home tonight. I thought the higher the senitivity the more you would feel of the details. Torque is at 3 atm.

Does anybody know if setting the FFB sens to high it will obscure details of kerbs and the road? I am using 10 atm but thinking of dropping it to 7 when I'm at home tonight. I thought the higher the senitivity the more you would feel of the details. Torque is at 3 atm.

If you want more detail, then I'd say leave it at 10. Lowering it, in my experience, just dulls the feel of bumps when going straight & the initial detail when turning. I'd also recommend upping the Torque to 4 which will make everything stronger, including kerb & road detail (what little of it here is in the game anyway).

Hey PD; it would be nice if we could adjust the Torque in increments of 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 etc to gain finer control over the strength of the FFB. 💡

VBR
I'd also recommend upping the Torque to 4 which will make everything stronger, including kerb & road detail (what little of it here is in the game anyway).
I thought the torque setting was for making the wheel feel heavier when going straight on high speed and going into a turn etc. So a little bit confused about what the 2 settings exactly do tbh. What confuses me is the part that the sensitivity setting is for the details on the road and kerbs and torque setting is to make these details feel more heavy on the wheel (so you have more resistance from the wheel)? Or do I understand this wrong?

I thought the torque setting was for making the wheel feel heavier when going straight on high speed and going into a turn etc. So a little bit confused about what the 2 settings exactly do tbh. What confuses me is the part that the sensitivity setting is for the details on the road and kerbs and torque setting is to make these details feel more heavy on the wheel (so you have more resistance from the wheel)? Or do I understand this wrong?

The Torque setting affects all FFB signals, including kerb/road detail. The in-game description of Sensitivity refers to it as being "initial torque", so I interpret that to mean how the torque is delivered; as in straight away, or slowly fading in. I may be wrong, as the description is a little vague, & different people interpret it in different ways.

VBR
The Torque setting affects all FFB signals, including kerb/road detail. The in-game description of Sensitivity refers to it as being "initial torque", so I interpret that to mean how the torque is delivered; as in straight away, or slowly fading in. I may be wrong, as the description is a little vague, & different people interpret it in different ways.

That’s the best theory I’ve heard yet. That would also explain why running a high sensitivity setting, on long straightaways, causes the wheel to shake left and right violently until the car spins out (if you let go of the wheel)

After several monthes using my G29 at 2/2/2. I don't feel i need to use another setting. Everytime i try to move up or down , even just a few up , i don't feel comfortable anymore. It just add torque and wrong ffb anyway. This is my final setting ... Till PD offer us a better ffb at least.

Last edited:
the first number has nothing to do with wheels.
Lower torque and sensitivity are better once you're comfortable at the wheel.

It's been like 6-8 months since I got my g29. When I counter-steer I hear a rattling sound, here is a video of it recorded by someone else, Is there a fix for this? I live in a apartment with thin walls, I can't race at nights otherwise my neighbours would knock on my door T.T

It's been like 6-8 months since I got my g29. When I counter-steer I hear a rattling sound, here is a video of it recorded by someone else, Is there a fix for this? I live in a apartment with thin walls, I can't race at nights otherwise my neighbours would knock on my door T.T

Yout best bet is to send Logitech an Email with the video, if you have got your receipt.

What ffb do you have it set at? Also is that a rally track because they are bad on wheels if ffb is set high. Does it do the same on all tracks and cars?

My ffb is set at 2-5 if I remember it correctly, I never touched the sens. its default on 7. My rattle sound isn't severe as in that video, It only does that sound once. *I counter steer, RAT.* thats it only one rat sound. I only been to rally tracks one or two times and those visits were loud just like that in the video.

Now that you asked, It mostly happens on race cars such as gr.3 gr.2

My ffb is set at 2-5 if I remember it correctly, I never touched the sens. its default on 7. My rattle sound isn't severe as in that video, It only does that sound once. *I counter steer, RAT.* thats it only one rat sound. I only been to rally tracks one or two times and those visits were loud just like that in the video.

Now that you asked, It mostly happens on race cars such as gr.3 gr.2
As I said send a Email with the video to Logitech and do not take it apart because it is still under warranty, that rattle noise should not make that sound in a rally car or any other car.

Back to game & wheel!

What would be best overall settings (name the settings titles) for G29 now?
No need for too strong FF, I'm aiming for good control and feel.

I am using the wheel at Force Feedback Strength 7, Road Sensitivity 7 and controller sensitivity left untouched.
Anything below 5, I can't feel the road.

I think it also totally depends on the set up. I've attached it to 2 different tables and it felt completely different. I'd imagine Playseat type setups are very different from desks/tables.

For me the biggest difference was my 1st set up was not very secure and I had it set pretty low so that I wouldn't move the wheel.

Has anyone driven the karts in this game with this wheel? I'm planning to finally upgrade from my controller and I'm torn between a T150 Pro and this. Since the T150 has adjustable degrees of rotation, which should theoretically be more beneficial to karts, I'm leaning towards that. Reports of poor reliability worry me though, and my previous wheel was a DFGT that I used for 3-4 years with no major issues, so I trust Logitech's quality. The karts are some of my favorite vehicles in this game, and I'd love to be able to drive them with a wheel.

I used my G29 for the first time today, and then I remembered this thread exists. After reading through it I'm pretty sure every variation of the settings is recommended here, so I'm not sure how helpful it is. I have found however that the lowest settings are best, partly because it just feels easier to move the wheel, and partly because the table the wheel is mounted on isn't the most stable thing ever. How much of an impact will the FFB settings have on a car by car basis?

In the end, using 0-5-7

Tried more settings, something works fine, something not.

As a mate above says, everything is good for something, just like tuning.

The G29's not the strongest wheel and too high a setting for torque removes a hell of a lot of feedback when you need it most.

I found my torque by throwing car's around to overwhelm the physics then dialling it back till the feedback became more consistent without clipping. Easy to induce clipping at 4 so I had to settle on 3. Even though 4 feels 'better', I have to play to the wheel's strength rather than mine.

Latest Posts

Back