G29 Settings Thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Sisco360, Jun 14, 2018.

1. MrCooper

MrCooper

I ended up at 1 / 1. A bit light around the centre, but it's the only setting which allows me to actually feel understeer, and it's still strong enough for me when turning.

Schalkehelmi likes this.
  2. dejkoo

dejkoo

For me 1 1 not god. I use now 3 8

3. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Just got my G29 hooked up. Went for the suggestions on the 1st reply to this thread and started to get worried because there was a huge dead zone and I was all over the place. Turned Sensitivity up to 7-8 and it's MUCH better for me. I can actually point the car where I want it to go.

Stencedaddy and dlshearon like this.
  4. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Put it up to 10 and never look back :)

dlshearon likes this.
  5. Paul_BNR32

Paul_BNR32

i bought my G29 on day one. since that day i used in on GT6 and GT sport mayby 70000km (43496miles). i think 50 or 60% of that is drifting.
    it been 2 times open to make a homemade handbrake work. first it was on R2 - to drift also in assetto corsa. and than, big thx to assetto, they changed the handbrake button from R2 to L2.
    everything works great, the red jog could be better.

perfect setup for gt sport??
    there is no.

for drifting i used all time 0/2/1. works great
    tonight i use 7/1/5

for race you must try your self.
    most racecars are good with 0/1/1 or 0/2/2
    streetcars i often use 0/3/4

6. tonderai

tonderai

I always end up in 2/1 I feel more and just enough weight

7. Schalkehelmi

Schalkehelmi Premium

I tried 1/2 today, and I feel much better with it. Every of the daily races has now a better Q-Time

MrCooper likes this.
  8. tariklehaine

tariklehaine

Does anybody know if setting the FFB sens to high it will obscure details of kerbs and the road? I am using 10 atm but thinking of dropping it to 7 when I'm at home tonight. I thought the higher the senitivity the more you would feel of the details. Torque is at 3 atm.

9. VBR

VBR Premium

If you want more detail, then I'd say leave it at 10. Lowering it, in my experience, just dulls the feel of bumps when going straight & the initial detail when turning. I'd also recommend upping the Torque to 4 which will make everything stronger, including kerb & road detail (what little of it here is in the game anyway).

Hey PD; it would be nice if we could adjust the Torque in increments of 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 etc to gain finer control over the strength of the FFB. :idea:

tariklehaine likes this.
  10. tariklehaine

tariklehaine

I thought the torque setting was for making the wheel feel heavier when going straight on high speed and going into a turn etc. So a little bit confused about what the 2 settings exactly do tbh. What confuses me is the part that the sensitivity setting is for the details on the road and kerbs and torque setting is to make these details feel more heavy on the wheel (so you have more resistance from the wheel)? Or do I understand this wrong?

Dairyworker likes this.
  11. VBR

VBR Premium

The Torque setting affects all FFB signals, including kerb/road detail. The in-game description of Sensitivity refers to it as being "initial torque", so I interpret that to mean how the torque is delivered; as in straight away, or slowly fading in. I may be wrong, as the description is a little vague, & different people interpret it in different ways.

dlshearon and tariklehaine like this.
  12. ARTAsean

ARTAsean (Banned)

That’s the best theory I’ve heard yet. That would also explain why running a high sensitivity setting, on long straightaways, causes the wheel to shake left and right violently until the car spins out (if you let go of the wheel)

VBR and dlshearon like this.
  13. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

After several monthes using my G29 at 2/2/2. I don't feel i need to use another setting. Everytime i try to move up or down , even just a few up , i don't feel comfortable anymore. It just add torque and wrong ffb anyway. This is my final setting ... Till PD offer us a better ffb at least.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    fordlaser and Gogga like this.
  14. bil coz

bil coz

the first number has nothing to do with wheels.
    Lower torque and sensitivity are better once you're comfortable at the wheel.

15. crothos39

crothos39

It's been like 6-8 months since I got my g29. When I counter-steer I hear a rattling sound, here is a video of it recorded by someone else, Is there a fix for this? I live in a apartment with thin walls, I can't race at nights otherwise my neighbours would knock on my door T.T

16. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Yout best bet is to send Logitech an Email with the video, if you have got your receipt.

crothos39 likes this.
  17. opelgt1969

opelgt1969 Premium

What ffb do you have it set at? Also is that a rally track because they are bad on wheels if ffb is set high. Does it do the same on all tracks and cars?

18. crothos39

crothos39

My ffb is set at 2-5 if I remember it correctly, I never touched the sens. its default on 7. My rattle sound isn't severe as in that video, It only does that sound once. *I counter steer, RAT.* thats it only one rat sound. I only been to rally tracks one or two times and those visits were loud just like that in the video.

Now that you asked, It mostly happens on race cars such as gr.3 gr.2

19. Lazybike

Lazybike

might be worth a look if you want to see how it works and fancy pulling it apart.

crothos39 likes this.
  20. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

As I said send a Email with the video to Logitech and do not take it apart because it is still under warranty, that rattle noise should not make that sound in a rally car or any other car.

crothos39 likes this.