Game packs

  • Thread starter Thread starter taylory125
  • 11 comments
  • 1,262 views
Messages
87
Messages
taylor-y125
I keep getting asked by a few of my friends if GT5 are going to be making an addon for the game with more cars and tracks in? how likely is this to happen or is it not going to happen at all?

thanks
 
Search the main News feed, lots of hints about this but nothing official.
 
Only time will tell if PD releases new content to GT5.

You'll probably see some activity during early-mid October, when Forza 4 releases. That's my tip for extra content. Though I hope im wrong and it'll be released sooner.
*cough* Tracks please! *cough*
 
PD and Sony will lose a lot of money if they don't release some kind of DLC for GT5. In the beginning the majority of the cars were supposed to be downloaded and bought until they realized not everyone will buy all of the cars if any. Dumb idea in my opinion but it would have made GT one of the most expensive games out there. They need to wake up and realize how much money they could make if they just throw us some tracks or something! Just my 2 cents...
 
PD and Sony will lose a lot of money if they don't release some kind of DLC for GT5. In the beginning the majority of the cars were supposed to be downloaded and bought until they realized not everyone will buy all of the cars if any. Dumb idea in my opinion but it would have made GT one of the most expensive games out there. They need to wake up and realize how much money they could make if they just throw us some tracks or something! Just my 2 cents...

Wasn't that the concept for the original GTHD, not GT5?
 
Wasn't that the concept for the original GTHD, not GT5?

Right.

I would have bought my favorite 40 cars or so and been happy with it.

I kinda see the point here. They spend more work on this than Apple puts in the songs they release to itunes.

And it's not like Forza or EA's games don't do this.

Though it wouldn't make much money unless the ratio of content to dollar was good. 100 good cars for ten bucks? Sure.

Anyway, I don't think there's any indication this is happening. They aren't focus grouping it. They aren't teasing it. It's just not happening.

PD already made a ton of revenue from this game. Maybe they are waiting for GT6? I hope for DLC.
 
I don't think it is happening either, but we have no clue really. I would love to give PD some money but it seems they don't want it. I can respect that, though, better than charging to unlock content on the disc or release content within days or weeks of the game coming out.
 
I think this game is past it's sell by. There doesn't seem to be as much activity on the forums as there used to be and a lot of people I know seem to be moving on to other things.
 
I thought Kaz was against the idea of DLC from the beginning.

Has this changed recently or something?
 
I thought Kaz was against the idea of DLC from the beginning.

Has this changed recently or something?

No, I think you are right. I don't have specific quotes or links but I recall Kaz stating early on that what we get at release will be the entire package when it came to tracks and cars.

We now know that the game was released a couple years earlier than Kaz wanted and I guess the question is if there were tracks that were unfinished at release but intended to be in the game. I don't think so since all along they stated 20+ locations and that's what we got.
 
No, I think you are right. I don't have specific quotes or links but I recall Kaz stating early on that what we get at release will be the entire package when it came to tracks and cars.

We now know that the game was released a couple years earlier than Kaz wanted and I guess the question is if there were tracks that were unfinished at release but intended to be in the game. I don't think so since all along they stated 20+ locations and that's what we got.

I recall that from GT1 to GT2 and from GT3 to GT4, the content radically increased. Most of it would have worked in the prior game, technologically.

GT6 will probably look like GT5 for the most part, perhaps tweaked a little, with almost all the work going into content.

GT3 had what, 160 cars? GT4 had around 800. They spent all the work on the core of the game, and then the next edition had the content. GT5 only had about 200 cars if you only count premiums. That's how I see it. They are meeting what they traditionally are capable of, but this time, they threw in a lot of legacy cars. Some of them look really good too, some don't.

I would be greatly annoyed if DLC only unlocked on disc content, but would pay for real DLC. Perhaps they realize a GT6 is a more profitable way to use the assets that weren't completed in time for GT5?

Hopefully they have weather and time changing for all tracks, and at least 500 premium cars.
 
Back