Game screenshot translations and some misc. screenshots (cars and misc.)

• Thread starter maskrider
  • 479 comments
Thanks very much Maskrider, you must have spent hours doing this for us, it's very much appreciated.

I have a question however.

Can you use Arcade Mode's "Quick-Tune" in the 2-Player Battle?

AdrenalineSRX
Thanks very much Maskrider, you must have spent hours doing this for us, it's very much appreciated.

I have a question however.

Can you use Arcade Mode's "Quick-Tune" in the 2-Player Battle?
Yes you can.

R34Skyline
Thanks for the comparison Mask Rider....wondering if you could get a comparison in the other view that is inches off the racetrack. If Possible it would be greatly apreciated. Thanks anyway! 👍

gt3-midfield-road.jpg

gt4-midfield-road.jpg

Some others

gt3-laguna.jpg

gt4-laguna.jpg

gt3-grandvalley.jpg

gt4-grandvalley.jpg

gt3-swiss.jpg

gt4-swiss.jpg

:dur dur: oh ok... I get it... GT3 vs. GT4 comparison. Well, I still don't know what's more amazing... GT3 still looks pretty damn close to gt4 for being such an old game or that GT4 can and is better looking than GT3

GT3 certainly was know for legendary graphics but GT4 makes even that look bad. Mybe some who has both the games can do more screen comparisms

I think onw thing to bear in mind is that screenshots on a computer do not do the graphics justice when you play it on your TV. I have found several times that the graphics look so much better than screenshots suggest! Good comparisons though. Do a comparision of GT1 against GT4, now that would be interesting, or GT2!

It's nice to see these comparisons. As I said in the past, GT4 kind of went old school in track design from past tracks. Classic tracks redone in Gran Turismo 4 look more realistic than GT3. It's almost as if you could watch the race on TV from Speed Channel (that is, unless some oval race hasn't been delayed for rain or a serious crash), Ten Network (Australian V8 Supercars), SkySports, or whatever is your favorite or only motorsports channel.

Midfield Raceway (first comparison) looks more like this fantasy track actually exists. Or who knows? You might see Tiff Needell and Vicki Butler-Henderson do some insane driving or road testing at Midfield. Looks pretty real. Next is Laguna Seca. Even though I tried it once, who the hell would race Laguna Seca backwards? Anyway, I think GT3's variant wanted to have something different, an evening event at perhaps America's toughest road course. Some have their say about it, but I kind of like GT4's rendition with the green grass. Of course, if PD wanted to include the Bahrain F1 track, I'm sure they'd include all the white sands and not patch things up with green grass. By the way, I loved the coverage of that FIA GT All-Star race in Bahrain. You guys rock! Grand Valley Speedway is the next course. GV in GT4 again looks more realistic, and with the old-school style, you'll be seeing a bit of the city as you head into the turns. I don't like it. I love it. Swiss Alps is the last comparison. It's a bit of a toss-up, but for the extra mountain detail, Swiss Alps in GT4 is better. Never heard a lot of respect or disrespect for Swiss Alps, but the jumps are cool.

So all in all, I can dig the new styling touches on some of the older tracks. Nice comparison. Since I'm a city guy, would like a Tokyo R246 and Special Stage Route 5 or 11 (whatever is in the game) comparison.

One thing I noticed in those screenshot comparisons is that (just for fun) fewer people are in the grandstands. What? Did ticket prices increase so much so that fewer people are able to get in and watch a Gran Turismo race? :lol: How much does GT4 charge for tickets to see a race compared to GT3?

If you just started the game and you're creating a new savegame, try these : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

If you already have a savegame and you want to import data, try these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All can be found in the first post of the thread...

I bookmarked Maskrider's page full of pictures and took a good look at most of them. I feel truly sorry for not looking regularly at the pictures on the site. Seen Chamonix, SSR5 (no SSR11 this time around?), Tokyo R246, Motor Sports Land 2, and all that. I'm going to be pretty new to a lot of the tracks because there are so many new tracks. There are more new tracks in GT4 than what GTs 2 and 3 had COMBINED. I'm going to be honest with you all. What is my biggest challenge?

Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Why so? I am completely inexperienced about this track. PGR2 has it. EPR will have it. GT4 will have this track. The track takes about 2 2/3 Le Mans to make up the length of the Nords. Plus, most of you know how I feel about long license tests and long tracks. If you don't, let me reiterate. My biggest concern with long tracks is that it takes only one big mistake to screw up an entire lap. Take it from your boy. In "Le Mans 24 Hours" on the PS2, Tetre Route and D' Arnage and even the Porsche Curves and the Ford Chicane really messed up my laps at Le Mans. It takes a lot of work to be perfect with a race track with a given car, but it takes much more work to master a long circuit, and this one is perhaps the longest in the game (and in the world). They don't call this track "Green Hell" for nothing.

Is there a way to convert the Japanese game save to work on the Asian Chinese version?
BISCPS-17001 to BISCAJ-30007. I tried Ps2disc but it would not work properly.

Fattboa
Is there a way to convert the Japanese game save to work on the Asian Chinese version?
BISCPS-17001 to BISCAJ-30007. I tried Ps2disc but it would not work properly.

PS2 SaveBuilder, and change the identification file. But the game will act weird, all strings will weird.

There are 100% Chinese saves somewhere, you may simply look for it and save your effort.

For the XPort and AR Max codes or whatever that maskrider posted in the first link that contains the prize cars of mission hall and license hall what can I use to get the codes to the game? what kind of Action Replay max or what kind o gameshar do I need?

I've got a question Maskrider since i think you have the GT4 import. I was wondering if you can import the money at anytime during the game or does it have to be transferred in the beginning? If you have the GT4 import could you reply, THANKS :) !

R34Skyline
I've got a question Maskrider since i think you have the GT4 import. I was wondering if you can import the money at anytime during the game or does it have to be transferred in the beginning? If you have the GT4 import could you reply, THANKS :) !

I have added some FAQs in the first post for quite a while but looks like no one know, ha ha ! :)

Check the heading "Some GT4 FAQs" in the first post

10. DO I have to do it when I first start the game ?
- You can do it anytime, but you can only import once

fabro_s
For the XPort and AR Max codes or whatever that maskrider posted in the first link that contains the prize cars of mission hall and license hall what can I use to get the codes to the game? what kind of Action Replay max or what kind o gameshar do I need?

Some codes are in the Hybrid forum, they are for Action Replay V2 and Xploder.

If you think you are up to the task here is your chance to prove you are the best GT4 driver in the UK.

The offical PlaySation® GT4 UK Challenge will be held over three weeks: The winner will be the participant with the fastest time on the Nürburgring Nordschleife track using any car from the game.

Entry to the challenge commences on 20th May 2005 and closes on 8th June 2005 ("Closing Date").

After the Closing Date the participant with the fastest time will be contacted to send proof of their time to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe via a saved replay on PlaySation®2 Memory Card.

Check out the link to the competition and Good Luck!! http://www.gt4league.com/qualifying/

Back