Game Shark Doesnt work on PS2

• Thread starter Nokiafan07
  • 16 comments
I went a got a game shark for PS2 and it put in the ps2 to be told by the thing It can't read the disc. I have the right disc. Does the fact the PlayStation 2 isn't a newer model and isn't them slim versions ??

No, i don't have the slim version either. I have a 4 year old PS2 with HDLoader running and all. And i have proof as you seen. I have never had a problem. Try cleaning the lens and see if what it says then. What version of GS did you buy? I have GS Broadband enabled and i have zero probs. Warning with GT games and gameshark though, backup that mem card because eventually you will have corrupt data! I don't know what it is but it always happens:(

Ok I got it work finally. Now I'm just getting anoyed. Gran Turismo 3 isnt listed on the Disc and I can't find anything for it on there site..They Gran Turismo 4 listed but not 3.

Weird, mine works just fine. I would try to clean the lens and see how that works out for you. If that doesn't work then sorry to say you are just screwed. I bought a gameshark from good ol' wal-mart once and it didn't work right with my PS2 so i went to take it back and they wouldn't let me! All i wanted to do was exchange it but they said that since it was media i couldn't exchange it or take it back because of people copying them and bringing it back. This made no sense since if i was going to copy it for one i wouldn't waste my time going there i would have just went to a torrent site, and two if i did copy this disk why would i be wanting to exchange it for the same thing? God i hate that place.

It does work. Like it loads up and a shows me a list of the games to select from. It listed Gran Turismo 4 but not Gran Turismo 3. Not even on there website. I can't really clean the lenes unless I get one of them cd lenes cleaners. It's a tray load ps2.

You can clean the lens by taking a q-tip and dipping it in rubbing alcohol and gently rubbing the lens. My version lists GT3 but not GT4. All i did was goto the website and print the codes and then enter them into the GS and save it. Here is GT3 right here that is one theyre website...?

http://xs.gameshark.com/xploder/xploderui.asp?PID=94&SID=3605106&gameid=15027&tab=gc&vn=5

I can't just do that. It's not top loading. I don't have any acess to the lens. I can't even see the lens. I know its there somewhere. It's a tray load PS2. It ejects the tray and you put the game in and its closes and reads the disc. That's why I said I would get a cd/dvd lens cleaner. One with them little brushes.

I don't have a top load either, i have the same kind, old fatty. All you do is take the top off. A big 6 screws i believe and its off. But if you don't feel comfortable doing that then just wait and get a lens cleaner.

I will take a look at it tomorow. I dont have a issue with taking the cover off. I clicked the link and I get the cheats. However...they are just codes.. I don't know what to do with these codes or how to use them ?????

All you do is go into the "expert cheat mode" and when you are on the screen that lists all of the games to choose from click i believe its the O button, which ever one it is its the one to add. After that add the game title and then the codes in.

I Figured out how to get the codes In I think. I can only put 1 code in per name. It saves the codes but I can't seem to tell the game shark to use the code for the game. It doesnt select the code for somereason. Doing something wrong here ?

Hmm, i have no trouble. All i do is add the game, then go into the game and add the (M) code (the code needed for any code to work) after i add that one i add the rest of the ones i want. Then i click on the codes i want active and they glow and hit start. It asks if you would like to start the game with cheats enabled and you say yes then it ejects and you put in the disk and hit x and it closes and starts...If you still are having trouble you can do what 90% of americans don't do, try reading the manual.

Ha ha ha... guess what Nokiafan, i've got the same problem.. well kinda. it will let me put in the codes, but it wont select them like you, but then i still have another problem, it wont save the cheats onto the database or my mem card. it keeps telling me "insufficient space in gameshark 2 US"...:mad:

BMW>:confused:

Insuffiecient space, clear out some room on your card so it can store the information for the newly added game\codes. Or do you have the older GS which has its own mem card it uses? If so ditch that hunk and get a updated version.

Hmm, i have no trouble. All i do is add the game, then go into the game and add the (M) code (the code needed for any code to work) after i add that one i add the rest of the ones i want. Then i click on the codes i want active and they glow and hit start. It asks if you would like to start the game with cheats enabled and you say yes then it ejects and you put in the disk and hit x and it closes and starts...If you still are having trouble you can do what 90% of americans don't do, try reading the manual.

Whats this (m) code ?

I figured it out I think. For each code you have to put in the name. If there 5 codes for x4 horsepower for car 4 in your garage then you must put say Boost HP X4 Car 4 for each single code. Now I don't know if it's picky on the name or not. Like do you have the name for the code spelled and capitalized the same way the site list the code or can u put whatever you want as long as u know what it is.?

Back